Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2016, 05:54 PM   #1

Location of 120v breaker panel?

I'm helping out a friend that has a new Legacy SR300 (340KP) coach. My question is:

Where the razzle/frazzle is the 120v breaker panel located?

We've looked in what should be all the obvious places, but no luck. We've found all the 12v fuse panels.

Can anyone help point us in the right direction?

Thanks
fredcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 07:54 PM   #2

Foot of the bed.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:28 PM   #3
7 Year Class A RV'er

Aeroshots is correct; drop on the floor and you'll see the panel mounted on the foot of the bed pedestal. Found it by accident myself.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2015 Legacy SR340 360RB with 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Toad
Gigi, Poppy and Sadie the Jack Russell (all 14 lbs of her)

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 03:16 AM   #4

Thank you for your responses. Looking under the bed was going to be my next choice.

I have a Forest River 43' Sierra and have spent a goodly number of hours of chasing down the locations of various electrical components in my rig. For my buddy's rig, I can only imagine the following scenario in determining where to locate the breaker panel...

The scene: a dark and secluded office with guttering candles in the corner giving off a sulpherous smell. The office is filled with eerie moans and groans. The sounds are emanating from the lone electrical designer hunched over a component layout on an old rickety desk..

"Ok, now let me think. I believe I've found good and obscure hiding places to locate all the 12V fuses throughout the rig, but I still don't know where to locate the 120V breaker panel", he mutters to himself. "I've got to submit my layout to the senior design committee tomorrow morning!" He continues muttering away, pulling at his hair and wringing his hands in desperation (which is not easy to do at the same time!).

Suddenly, an idea comes to him. "Eureka!", he says. "I've got a great place to put the breaker panel. I'm going to locate it under the bed. No one will ever think to look for it there!"

The following morning he submits the layout to the design committee. They are ecstatic!. "Congratulations, young man. You've come up with a brilliant plan", they said. "Now, we need to swear you to secrecy under penalty of death, should you reveal the breaker panel location to anyone, especially our documentation writers. Should you even remotely hint as to where it is located you will be tarred and feathered, and shipped out with our next batch of RVs to the Aleutian Islands. Do you understand?" "

"Yes sirs, yes sirs", he said quaking in his shoes.

And that's the true story as to why the breaker panel in the Forest River Legacy is hidden under the bed
fredcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:21 AM   #5

Funny Fred . Actually the panel is mounted in the foot of the bed pedestal facing forward. It can be seen from as far away as the designers office if one used a flashlight. Although our bedspread sometimes hangs low enough to cover it.

To your articulately if not entertainingly described point -- check out this photo of the, not so, removable access panel to the engine bay. The access panel is "L" shaped with the lower part of the "L" covered with carpet and the upper part of the "L" laying flat with no covering. Who decided it a grand idea to run two electrical cables across the panel?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160205_142130924.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	345.0 KB
ID:	99012  

Tags
breaker, cat, location