Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2019, 06:01 PM   #1

Low beam bulb?

Anyone know off top of head what type of bulb the low beam is?

Anyone upgrade the bulbs to some sort of LeD?

One burned out on our trip and haven’t crawled under yet to yank it out.
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:02 AM   #2

Nobody with any success swapping bulbs?

I put supernova v.4 leds in my Denali truck that also has a projector lens like Legacy and the improvement is unreal. Sharp cutoff so not offensive to oncoming traffic.

Need something better than the oem that just died.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:22 AM   #3

I remember lots of posts about headlights a few years back when our rig was brand new. I didn't worry about it since we seldom if ever travel at night (retired and don't need to). A while back I needed to take the rig out at night and was totally blown away with the dim lights. Felt like I needed to get out with a flashlight to see if they were on! If anyone has found different bulbs, I will change mine
Old 07-15-2019, 09:27 AM   #4

Just crawled under to see what type they are and what a piece of junk. Unlike any bulb setup I’ve seen, can’t figure out how to get the bulb out of the metal harness.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
Just crawled under to see what type they are and what a piece of junk. Unlike any bulb setup I’ve seen, can’t figure out how to get the bulb out of the metal harness.
Hmm, something good for me not to fool with on the road. We are on a two month trip in the Northwest, guess I'll wait till I get home later this summer.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:51 AM   #6

Had a bulb burn out and finally determined why these low beams are absolute ****.

Removed the bulb and despite everything posted here the OEM bulb type they uses is a H3 with the odd ball spade connectors and strange collar that goes into the housing.

What is even more odd is the eagle eyes housing after I cleaned the dust off of it is stamped for a H11 bulb type. H11 can’t really be used as there is no way to secure it into the housing because of the tabs that must be used at the 12 and 6 O’clock position on the housing. Weirdest setup I’ve ever seen.

Anyhow, installed the supernova v.4 leds with H3 collar to fit housing and they are so much brighter, sharp cutoff beam not offensive to oncoming traffic. Only modification required was to cut a hole big enough in back of rubber dust cap to squeeze the cooling fan through, the cap is stretchy rubber so it doesn’t need to be too big to get it through.

I had good success with these bulbs on my denali truck which is a projector style housing as well and I believe it’s a good match for this as well.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Had a bulb burn out and finally determined why these low beams are absolute ****.

Removed the bulb and despite everything posted here the OEM bulb type they uses is a H3 with the odd ball spade connectors and strange collar that goes into the housing.

What is even more odd is the eagle eyes housing after I cleaned the dust off of it is stamped for a H11 bulb type. H11 can’t really be used as there is no way to secure it into the housing because of the tabs that must be used at the 12 and 6 O’clock position on the housing. Weirdest setup I’ve ever seen.

Anyhow, installed the supernova v.4 leds with H3 collar to fit housing and they are so much brighter, sharp cutoff beam not offensive to oncoming traffic. Only modification required was to cut a hole big enough in back of rubber dust cap to squeeze the cooling fan through, the cap is stretchy rubber so it doesn’t need to be too big to get it through.

I had good success with these bulbs on my denali truck which is a projector style housing as well and I believe it’s a good match for this as well.
Thanks for the info, I can see a little project when maintenance season roles around.
captnrick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:34 AM   #8

Quote:

Can you source the bulbs you used for me? I’ve been looking to replace mine since we bought the coach but get nauseous looking at all the options out there.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by srappleby View Post
Can you source the bulbs you used for me? I’ve been looking to replace mine since we bought the coach but get nauseous looking at all the options out there.
Headlight revolution sells them, the are the supernova v.4. Install isn’t terribly difficult, had to really fiddle with the little bracket that secures the bulb into the housing since it’s a different shape and cut a small hole into the rubber dust cap for the cooling fan. Don’t make the hole too big, the material stretches.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:05 AM   #10

Awesome! I’ll order a pair and give it a shot. Thanks.