Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2016, 08:12 PM   #1

Propane quick connect

Anyone install a propane quick connect on patio side towards rear? Thinking this might be nice, getting sick of carrying the 20lbers.
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
Anyone install a propane quick connect on patio side towards rear? Thinking this might be nice, getting sick of carrying the 20lbers.
I have not done it yet, but the thought process has started.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:43 AM   #3

I carry a 10 pounder......half the weight and size so easier to carry and store vs 20 pounder.

2015 Legacy RB, 2013 CRV toad. Retired USAF. Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-10-2016, 11:01 PM   #4
padcarroll

I installed a "stay awhile" fitting right off the tank on the right side. It comes with a 12' hose that I toss under the vehicle to connect to stove. We fulltime so having the ability to hook to an external large tank sure comes in handy as well. Don't ask how I know that you show add the extension hose to your pre-trip check list!
I did notice while doing maintenance in the water compartment that there appears to be a place where you could tag another fitting onto the existing gas piping system. I believe this would provide low pressure gas as it is past the onboard regulator.
padcarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:09 PM   #5

I have a 2018 38C and it has a propane quick connect already installed in one of the bays on the starboard side. The mounted it so high up that you will not see it unless you are on your knees and looking up and to the left.
DTordoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane