Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2017, 06:44 PM   #1

replacement TV

Has anyone replaced the outside TV? If so, what did you get?
I'm looking for suggestions. Is it really necessary to get a "RV" TV?

thanks for any help.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:52 AM   #2

When I purchased my Legacy in 2015, the dealer replaced the outside and bedroom TVs with Vizeos. They are not special RV TVs. I would like to get a mount that would allow the TV to swivel but haven't found one yet that will allow the door to close.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:44 AM   #3

Total Value RV in Elkhart, who I was sent to when the service center in Wakarusa was too backed up, replaced my outside Continuum brand tv, which had some on-screen issues, with a LG model, since they could no longer get the original brand(?)...

well, it's slightly different in depth and would not 'fit' the same, as far as the back panel mount goes. They had to cut out several places so that the tv would allow the door to close fully. What they didn't do, though, is realize that the gas shock door mounts and their screw heads rub on the edges of the new tv.

I had to add some of my own style foam rubber strips...

I actually like the LG brand so much better, and wish all the TVs were this model, but even this brand and size is hard to find, at least the same 'model' as the one they installed.

There's no way that there would be enough room to add any type of 'swivel arm' in these housings - they are just too shallow. If you look behind the TV, though, (ours is in the bathroom behind the toilet), it looks as though they had room to create a much deeper housing...
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:56 PM   #4

Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I didn't think that it had to be a special tv. It looks as though one of the three was replaced with an "ordinary" one before we got it. It is currently a Jenson and has seen its better days. So off to the big box store for a replacement !

And we would like a swingout mount as well. Sure would be nice sometimes to have the option.
TKN 516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:09 AM   #5

At the Dayton RZ show last spring, I saw an RV with a TV mounted on a swivel that would fit. Unfortunately the salesman did not know who made the mount and I could not see any label on it. For some reason, salesman would not let me take the TV off the mount to get a better look lol. I continue to look.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:53 AM   #6

Guys,

Try monoprice.com, they have hundreds of tv mounts at very reasonable prices. Also a good source for inexpensive cables. Have used them with no problems so far.
CRL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:15 PM   #7

Thanks for the suggestion I will check them out.And the Raleigh RV show is this weekend too. I will be on the look out. ( this is the same evil place we went to last year)
And upgraded to our Legacy.

Yes we are happy with it. We have worked out a few kinks.
TKN 516 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement