Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2016, 02:54 PM   #1

Shower Door Fell Off!

Today I dewinterized my legacy. When I was opening the shower door to turn the shower faucets on, the top rail holding the shower door separated from the frame and the top rail and door started to fall into the shower. The top rail was only held up by the big screw on the end where it is secured inside the shower. All of the guides that ride inside the lower rail came out of the rail. I did not do anything unusual when opening the shower door. I think the top rail was not securely fastened on the end opposite the end with the big screw. Anyway, I had a terrible time getting it put back together. I could not get the bottom guides back in the rail. I finally fixed it by first, securing the top rail back in place, then, at the suggestion of the DW, I removed the two screws holding the end of the bottom rail in place and somehow the bottom guides all fell into the slot in the bottom rail as I opened the door -- not exactly sure how! Anybody else ever have this happen?

2015 Legacy RB, 2013 CRV toad. Retired USAF. Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 05-07-2016, 07:09 PM   #2

Wow, that sucks. We have not experienced any shower door issues. I even just now went out and looked over ours to see if there was anything I might have overlooked. All looks good so far.
Old 05-07-2016, 07:37 PM   #3

Yes don't know what happened but at least I got it back together. Here is pic of the top rail. It had pulled away from the black plastic Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1462667629.468356.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	107188 piece at the end. I can't figure out what happened as it doesn't really seam like it could come apart very easily.

2015 Legacy RB, 2013 CRV toad. Retired USAF. Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 05-07-2016, 07:55 PM   #4

Never had a shower door do that if it happens again I would clean the joints and use a small amount of RTV sealant adhesive on the door.
cphubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 04:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJAG View Post
Yes don't know what happened but at least I got it back together. Here is pic of the top rail. It had pulled away from the black plastic Attachment 107188 piece at the end. I can't figure out what happened as it doesn't really seam like it could come apart very easily.

Very interesting, really can't see any reason for that to happen. Now you are the expert at fixing though!
Old 05-08-2016, 07:39 PM   #6

Yes it happened on out Legacy and
it was under warrenty so they fixed and have not had a problem since!
PFurlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 10:06 PM   #7
padcarroll

Mine did not fall off but the bottom glides came out of the bottom track. The top glides have adjustment screws to raise and lower the door. If you lower the door, the bottom glides with pull out of the lower guide rail.

I also just found my "big screw" loose so I am guessing that this will need to be tightened occasionally. Vibration probably causes it to loosen.
padcarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:44 AM   #8

Thanks for the info. I did not notice that the upper rollers have an adjustment.

2015 Forest River Legacy RB. 2013 Honda CRV toad. Retired USAF.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:09 PM   #9

Something else to put on the list of "to watch for".
aeroshots is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, show, shower