Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2021, 06:37 PM   #1

Slide out fuse location

Does anybody know where the slide out fuse is on a 2014 Legacy 300SR diesel pusher?
Thanks,
Kevin
Kevincolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 10:22 AM   #2

Electric slides are on a 30A mini breaker. Should be a bank of these near your battery compt.Click image for larger version

Name:	6CJD3_AS01.jpeg
Views:	565
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	246925
Maingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 10:22 PM   #3

I found them!

Thanks Maingler
Old 01-31-2021, 03:48 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevincolley View Post
I found them!

Thanks Maingler
Probably would help other Legacy owners if you stated where you found them.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 06:09 AM   #5

What is that a pic of? I thought that was just a relay. If it is a breaker, can you reset it or is it a fuse. How do you test them to know if it’s good or bad?
Favfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 08:55 AM   #6

I found them in the compartment that houses my inverter/converter, which is in between the coach battery compartment and the chassis battery compartment (as Maingler had mentioned) This compartment is on the driver’s side in the rear of the motorhome. They were fixed to the upper left hand wall of the compartment. I should have been more clear. Thanks Bikendan.

Also, I spoke to Mitch at Forest River and he confirmed that there are no fuses for the slides, only the small gray circuit breakers like the one shown in Maingler’s picture. These are not resettable. Mitch sent me a diagram showing their position in the wiring harness. A #10 red wire to one, and a #10 yellow wire to the other. That was helpful, and any wiring diagram on an RV is like gold to me. 👍🏻

Favfour, in order to test them you have to do a continuity test with an ohm meter. I removed them from the compartment and tested them. Both showed the same continuity. I also tested the other three in the bank (don’t know what they are for yet), just for the heck of it, and they also gave me the same continuity reading. Approximately 1.5 ohms. If there is zero (0) continuity, then they are bad.

So, I have eliminated one mouse hole, but I am still chasing the mouse. 🙂
Now, I’m going to focus on the ignition and however it locks out the slides. When this problem started on the second day of our recent trip, not only did the slides not extend, but the steps would not “turn off”, and the windshield blind would only lower halfway. Those two issues have resolved themselves somehow, but not the slides. These features are all connected to the safety lockout function when the coach is turned on, as far as I know. I’m hoping Forest River can give me more answers on Monday.
Old 02-11-2021, 02:06 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Kevin, any updates on your slide out issues?
Lincman983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 04:06 PM   #8

Yes, thanks for asking. The issue has not been resolved yet. I have been going back and forth with Mitch Wirt, a customer rep. at Forest River, and he has been communicating with one of their engineers trying to figure it out. I have been testing components and wires over the past few days, per their instructions, with no relief yet. Here is a current summation of my problem:

No power to slide switches inside.
No power to slide relay in fuse compartment.
No power to porch light switch in stairwell.
No power to aisle light switch in stairwell.
No power to cargo compartment light switch in stairwell. (So no compartment lights work on either side of the coach).

Note: All relays test OK, ground wires test OK, air brake switch tests OK (continuity), and I replaced the ignition switch just because my wife thought that was the problem. No change. Unfortunately, since there are no detailed wiring diagrams for theses Motorhomes, tracing the wires is extremely difficult.

The silver lining in all of this is that I’m learning a heck of a lot about my coach’s electrical system. 😀
Old 02-11-2021, 04:08 PM   #9

I forgot to mention that I tested the slide circuit breakers in the inverter/converter compartment. Both OK.

Kevin
Old 02-11-2021, 04:46 PM   #10
Commercial Member

Kevin,
Does the water heater have power?
Old 02-11-2021, 10:44 PM   #11

Yes, the hot water heater is working.
Old 02-12-2021, 07:31 AM   #12

since no lights would have anything to do with the ignition lock-out feature, I'm beginning to think that it actually has nothing to do with that - it sounds like this is more of a overall loss of 12v power on either one circuit, a set of circuits, or the whole 12v fuse panel.

I would suspect that if the slides are limited by the ignition lock-out feature, the slides controllers would then also be powered thru the coach's fuse panel, not the HOUSE powered fuse panel, which is typically where the HYDRAULICS are powered - two different sources of 12v power for the slides, as a whole. The same for the levelers, as the controller is likely controlled by the 12v coach side, yet the HYDRAULICS are powered by the HOUSE batteries and fuse panel.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 09:25 AM   #13

No slide out electrical issue

Formerfr, I think you may be right. The engineer is now telling me to test the #6 fuse in the Coach fuse panel. That is the “Entry door room switch” fuse, which turns on the lights from the stairwell as you enter the coach. I know I’ve pulled all those fuses in that panel and looked at them before. All OK. But this time I will actually test the fuse and it’s connection to the panel. 🤞. I will post the results.
Old 02-12-2021, 07:32 PM   #14

Slide out problem solved!

Success! Finally. I pulled that #6 fuse in the coach fuse panel as instructed by the F.R. engineer, and it was bad. Plugged in a new one and everything came to life, including the slides. Oh happy days! Ready to roll again. I thought I had inspected all of those fuses, but obviously not. “My bad” as they say these days.
I don’t understand why a 15 amp fuse would be protecting the slides which are on 30 amp circuit breakers, but hey, that’s above my pay grade. But it works and I appreciate the people at Forest River that helped me work out the problem.

Kevin
Old 02-15-2021, 08:53 AM   #15
Commercial Member

Kevin,
Good to hear you got it figured out.
Old 02-15-2021, 09:02 AM   #16

Thanks Lincman983 and thanks to everyone for their help. Great forum!

Kevin
Old 02-15-2021, 11:36 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevincolley View Post
Success! Finally. I pulled that #6 fuse in the coach fuse panel as instructed by the F.R. engineer, and it was bad. Plugged in a new one and everything came to life, including the slides. Oh happy days! Ready to roll again. I thought I had inspected all of those fuses, but obviously not. “My bad” as they say these days.
I don’t understand why a 15 amp fuse would be protecting the slides which are on 30 amp circuit breakers, but hey, that’s above my pay grade. But it works and I appreciate the people at Forest River that helped me work out the problem.

Kevin
Kevin, I may be having the same issue on my Legacy.

Did you pull the fuse on the panel under the bed or one of the breakers on wall of the inventor/convertor bay?

Thanks,
Stuart
Fischse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 11:00 PM   #18

Stuart,

No, this fuse is #6 (not a circuit breaker) in the “Coach” fuse panel. This panel is in the exterior/front compartment under the driver in front of the wheel. Inside there are three small panels covered by black plastic boxes that pop off. The one farthest to the right is the “Coach” panel. It’s a 15 amp fuse. Blue if I remember correctly. I pulled it out with a pair of needle nosed pliers. Good luck!

Kevin

Tags
cat, fuse, location, slide, slide out