Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2017, 10:25 PM   #1

Slide Wheels Under Dinette

We have a set of slide wheels under each dinette bench in our 340 BH. We just noticed a scrapping noise coming from under the dinette when we were bringing in the wall slide. Upon further investigation, it appears the wheels under the dinette bench next to the kitchen sink are up in the air -- not even touching the floor. The wheels under the dinette bench behind the driver's seat are touching the floor. It seems the noise was coming from the wheel mounting bracket rubbing across the floor. Can anyone confirm if these wheels are mounted correctly? I've attached pictures of both sets of wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slide wheels not touching floor.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	363.3 KB
ID:	150647   Click image for larger version

Name:	slide wheels touching floor.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	364.2 KB
ID:	150648  
RURVcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 02:07 AM   #2

We had rollers installed on the full wall slide of our 2015 360 RB Legacy to prevent the slide from scraping the floor when retracted. The rollers appear to be the same as yours. I have a thread with pictures in another thread on this forum. Some of the rollers do not contact the floor when the slide is extended, but all do when retracted. Our rollers appear installed the same as yours. I don't see how the frame on our rollers could scrape the floor -- the roller will always contact the floor first. Maybe check to see if the rollers actually turn and that the bolts holding the brackets to the slide floor have not loosened. Also, check to see if there is anything caught under the slide floor -- we we bought our Legacy, we found an assortment of pieces of wood and screws there.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:38 AM   #3

I am sorry I cannot help with your problem but would, if you do not mind slightly hijack this thread. I am new to slide outs, very old to RV's. My new trailer has a small slide out with just one track in the middle of the bottom to hold everything in line. This poor design does not work, I have to hand guide the slide while operating the switch. The wheels you pictured may solve the problem I have guiding the top of the slide.
Does your slide just set on the rollers or is there a channel?
Chaplain Kent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, wheel