Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2015, 11:29 PM   #1

I can't help myself

Well even after all the horror stories I am going to look at a 19 foot Airflyte. It's the color we want. We have not even seen one in person going to go check it out.

A couple of questions before I get there to check it out. Was the specs show that the AC is 10k btu? I read somewhere that the AC units were much smaller than that. Could it be that the 19 foot has a larger AC?

I was wondering if there is storage under the dinette seats and or rear Goucho?

I figure what the heck I am pretty handy and for anything major it will go back tot he dealer for repairs if need be (should I get it).
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:56 PM   #2

Disappointed. ..After all the reading and research the shower is a sit down only if your over five feet tall. Deal breaker... workmanship on the interior seemed poor....
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 03:05 PM   #3

Workmanship on this trailer is a disgrace. It's only when you get one and get looking at it closely is when you realize that you made a mistake. Like me. But that's what Forest River's objective was. Put out something that was going to be different and shiny and wait for the fish to bite. And man were we biting.
pcmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:10 AM   #4

pcmichelle you got that right! hook line stinker ...... oh i meant sinker! man these little campers could have been amazing!
kbjabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:50 AM   #5

Please Help!

I am not a camper and never have even looked at RV's before. But I love everything retro, and saw the Shasta Airflyte, and I am totally smitten!!! Sadly, I have read many bad things about the quality, and I realize how foolish it is to even consider them, especially when I know absolutely nothing about rv'ing! But I absolutely have to have one! And now they are difficult to find, although I am sure that used ones will likely be turning up. So is it absolutely ridiculous that I would even consider a purchase of one? And sadly now, there is very limited stock, and none within about 5 hours from where I live, which would not be acceptable for service. I want the seafoam green color. I am thinking that the 16' would be better for a "newbie", as I have never towed anything in my life! I think the 19' would offer more room, which would be good, but I think the smaller size looks cuter too? I would appreciate any and all comments, suggestions, information, etc, that anyone can offer! Thanks so much in advance.
beachykeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:31 AM   #6

Hey Beachykeen. If you want some advise, and your love of retro is leaning you toward the purchase of one of these, I recommend you seriously look at a lot of these post before considering them. I was one of those who plopped down 3000 dollars sight unseen to purchase one of these and it was the worst mistake of my life. It never saw a campground from all the work that I had to do with it. Eventually I took a huge loss just to get rid of it, but my hair is starting to grow back from me pulling it out. It was a seafoam green camper.
pcmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:23 PM   #7

i would say if i had to do over i would NOT buy this camper its been the biggest hassle
kbjabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:41 PM   #8

Oh that makes me so sad! I was so very excited about this rv and I just thought that the entire lifestyle looked like something I could get into. But I am just not interested in other rv's. I love the airstreams, and I think this one is even cuter. Obviously not as well built, which is so tragic. I wish they would put out another batch, but improve the quality, but they say they are not doing anymore? It is a lot of money to throw away, but I just really want one!!!
beachykeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:39 AM   #9

I think the Shasta Airflyte re-issue was a brilliant concept and also believe Forest River to be a quality minded company . Lets hope they have learned from the short comings of the 2015's and don't give up on the retro design. Honestly, these trailers are so cool they sold themselves . We have found the people of Forest River to be fair and honest and would buy another product from them without hesitation .
Squatty #981

Squatty is offline   Reply With Quote