Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2015, 02:36 PM   #1

pictures after my camper was sent back to Shasta for repair

I'm so sad and disappointed in Shasta they had my camper for a very long time and didn't make it better than new!...

Now they did stop my leak, moved the bathroom vent off the seam, and put new skin on my camper so my hole from gas tank is gone, My stripes line up, the shower floor felt stronger and reinforced, added a brace to one side of the seat so my table wouldn't fall, IM NOT SURE WHAT ELSE THEY DID CAUSE ME OR THE DEALER DIDNT GET AN INVOICE even after me and the dealer asked for one!

Now Ruckus came home with all new problem, that my dealers will have to fix! A broken sink (water sprays out of the base) and shower head (water sprays out the back of the shower head), fridge is scratched to heck along with the shower floor that also has cracks and scratches in it and you can see a screw head pushing up the shower pan from under the floor.

Now I don't have the silver caulking inside where the window and the frame meet. My entry step is bent, I have a screw that went through the top of my dinette table that turns into a bed. They did add the shackle lift kit to my camper springs but one side is still right at under 2" and the other side is 2.5" from my tire to wheel well and thats while empty. Wonder how low the water tank and camping gear will put it. I still have tire rub marks in my wheel wells and less than 1" from frame to my tire its 1/4-1/2" and the other is 3/4"! My wheel wells STILL has gaps for water and bugs/rodents to get in my camper.

And to top it off my wheel issue they have a screw hanging out pointed end of screw pointing towards my tire! Luckily we didn't have a blow out on the way home!

I still have dents in my roof, still had one panel with water stains, still had a warped cabinet door, my dinette light is still flexing while going down the road and bending , and still had a screw head catching on entry door not allowing the door to completely close.

All these pictures are after Shasta was to rebuild my camper.. How do you let obvious thing like this out of the factory again?

Well my dealership is ordering parts to replace and fix shasta's mess.

I still don't like how they sold me a leaking camper and wouldn't refund my money... But they did say that they would order and fix what I find wrong but I'm getting very frustrated for my camper to be gone for a long time and it come back in the shape its in.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1879.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	247.1 KB
ID:	78867   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1870.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	278.4 KB
ID:	78868   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1885.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	78869   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1886.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	297.9 KB
ID:	78870   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1871.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	232.3 KB
ID:	78871  

kbjabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 02:48 PM   #2

more pictures after shasta fixed my camper

these are the dents in my roof and the damage to my faucet and shower head... ( before my camper left i didnt have any issues with the shower head or sink faucet
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1849.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	78872   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1851.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	78873   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1856.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	78874   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1919.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	256.0 KB
ID:	78875   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1918.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	78876  

Old 06-02-2015, 03:09 PM   #3

more pic after the shasta fix

Name:	IMG_1873.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	272.3 KB
ID:	78877

Name:	IMG_1875.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	219.6 KB
ID:	78878

Name:	IMG_1903.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	270.4 KB
ID:	78879

Name:	IMG_1910.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	326.6 KB
ID:	78880

Name:	IMG_1908.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	372.1 KB
ID:	78881
more wheel well gaps and no caulking between the window and frames
Old 06-02-2015, 03:57 PM   #4

pic after repairs from shasta

the problems with my shower pan
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1975.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	78888   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1976.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	211.4 KB
ID:	78889   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1977.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	263.3 KB
ID:	78890   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1978.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	299.8 KB
ID:	78891   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1979.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	78892  

Old 06-02-2015, 06:37 PM   #5
Site Team

The screw that is sticking out, is in your wheel well?

How close does your tire come to it?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:24 AM   #6
Always Learning

When Sabre dropped the ball and sent me back a mess of the camper, I had them take it right back. This time, when they did the work,
I was given a specific schedule that they would work on it and requested to either be there with it while the work was done or for them to bring me out to the factory to inspect it before shipment back to me. It's not how it should be, but the more that I see factory returns- the more I'm convinced that us owners need to go there before we "accept" the camper.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:41 AM   #7

thanks for the insiteful pics. Sorry for your loss.
many people merely take the product back and never inspect it until weeks or months later and tehn its too late.
This should be a wake up for everyone having repairs done...
take pictures of general things before the work area is done and then you have something to stand firm on.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:43 AM   #8

Only God will help you or some
well educated and experienced
person ....
Prism 24G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 04:14 PM   #9

hubby said hes not that much worried about the screw as much as the tire marks in the wheel well after getting the shackle fix that is supposed to make the campers have at least 2" gap.. and the less than 1" between the frame and the side wall of the tire

Mil have the before pictures of the camper before it went to be rebuilt..
im hoping my dealership can get it fixed because i really dont want to send it back to the factory if this is the best they can do....
Old 06-03-2015, 04:21 PM   #10

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
The screw that is sticking out, is in your wheel well?

How close does your tire come to it?
I am sure the OP appreciates your helpfulness.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:26 PM   #11

I have experienced a very similar scenario with Sabre. They took the camper back to the factory, replaced the entire right side wall panel because of delamination and several other issues. They returned the camper and promised to extend a full warranty when I accept the repairs. There were some items on my original problem list that still have not been fixed. The problem is that I keep finding new issues that are simply the result of incompetent workmanship during the manufacturing process. I'm looking at alternatives including consumer protection laws in our state.
magpi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
When Sabre dropped the ball and sent me back a mess of the camper, I had them take it right back. This time, when they did the work,
I was given a specific schedule that they would work on it and requested to either be there with it while the work was done or for them to bring me out to the factory to inspect it before shipment back to me. It's not how it should be, but the more that I see factory returns- the more I'm convinced that us owners need to go there before we "accept" the camper.
Who were you dealing with at the Sabre factory? I have a similar problem.
magpi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:41 PM   #13
Always Learning

Gary Grigsby, the warranty manager.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:31 PM   #14

Isn't it ridiculous when you can actually do a better job than these dealerships or even the manufacturers? My hubby does all his own work because it's not worth the time to take it to the so called professionals that end up not doing it correctly or don't care what kind of job they do.
We bought the warranty only in case of a big expense. Otherwise we will take care of everything ourselves. We have a 2016 FR Cardinal and he has to connect the water hose to the ice maker in the fridge. The generator prep wasn't what we expected. The prep for a satelite isn't as easy as they lead it on to be either.
The list is getting smaller. We have listed our house for sale and maybe by the time our house sells hubby will have everything he wants done to the camper finished. Oh and the bicycle hitch wasn't very sturdy so hubby worked on making that more secure as well.
We love the layout of the coach and it's very pretty and the space is well used. But there are plenty of things we were not happy with. Including a king sized bed in too small a room. They shouldn't even offer that. We will deal with it for now but barely can make the bed. No room on either side to really move about. Hubby has to climb in from the bottom of the bed. *S* Will keep him in shape LOL
justwinginit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:21 PM   #15

It's clear Shasta doesn't care. Sorry to hear Ruckus didn't come back "better than new" as Mark Lucas' social media manager promised.
DouglasLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:15 PM   #16

Before we took the camper out to camp we went for a test run after we painted the wheel wells to see if we would get new marks from tire contact, to make sure the tires arnt still rubbing... Well we got back home and the door was stuck and could t get it open and the skin of the door had came loose! So got my salesman on the phone after hrs he started up a waranty repair that next Friday moring so instead of heading out to campground we hit the dealership only took 8hrs for them to fix the problem then made sure they had an appointment Monday to have it fixed for the other problems
So 8hrs behind we get to camp and set up was easy. Had fun till a storm hit we had to close all windows and roof vent and turned on the ac well it only made matters worse super hot and melted food in the cabinet above and all drawrs where also hot... And the counter above the fridge was also hot we kept getting bugs in the camper maybe from the ac vent allowing them in?
If the camper can't get right I will have to move to an ugly box camper or back to my tent...
Old 06-15-2015, 06:30 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbjabat View Post
and the skin of the door had came loose! So got my salesman on the phone after hrs he started up a waranty repair that next Friday moring so instead of heading out to campground we hit the dealership only took 8hrs for them to fix the problem
kbjabat, can I ask what they did to fix the door...outside of a replacement?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:26 PM   #18

It had to be replaced compleatly they tried many times ways to fix it ... It was like it wasn't put on the camper square and it twisted the hinge and the dead bolt wouldn't even engage cause it hit the door frame... But they took a door off another swapped the skin on them so the color matched
Old 06-16-2015, 03:58 AM   #19

When I bought our first TT and then the MH I was very worried of exactly the situation you encountered. So I spent many hours ahead of time creating a checklist by merging 3 checklists that I found online. After the dealer walk through I spent another 2+ hours doing my own inspection. I was prepared to refuse delivery if I found any major flaws. Fortunately I only had a few minor flaws.
ATV trailer for the following toys
2008 Yamaha WR250R,2009 Honda CRF150F
2008 Polaris Scrambler 500
PopBeavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:49 AM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbjabat View Post
It had to be replaced compleatly they tried many times ways to fix it ... It was like it wasn't put on the camper square and it twisted the hinge and the dead bolt wouldn't even engage cause it hit the door frame... But they took a door off another swapped the skin on them so the color matched
Thanks for the reply. I have been following these trailers with great interest. It sounds like you have a great dealer who I am sure is probably as frustrated as you are with the problems occurring. Even though the dealer doesn't manufacture the RV, he is on the front line with the customer, and has to have the face to face interactions with problems arising (which seems to be a combination of component, design, and manufacturing).

I do have to wonder how this division of Forest River is going to be receptive of warranty claims on known defective issues after the warranty period has expired........which is fast approaching on many of these. Hopefully they are going to take care of their customers, as well as their dealers who BOTH are spending much time and labor to fix things.

Tags
camper, repair, shasta