Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2015, 05:39 PM   #21

Two I'm still enjoying mine..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two View Post
To answer your - Seriously?! question - from what I understand there are 3 issues with these - the Recall Letter confirmed that two of them would be addressed - and the Air is an easy modification - hence we plunk down cash.

Otherwise, the trailer from our prospective is a design delight - but its just a tool to enjoy life.
So Seriously?! why would you have a recreation anything that does not bring you joy - get it fix and enjoy it or just sell it and move on.

Happy Camping Everyone

Well I will say I'm still happy with my purchase! I've done several mods to include additional cabinets, TV, 8050 AC upgrade, rear desk and a outside shower.. No regrets on the purchase.. And yes I did have to do some wheel spacing mods, but it was EZ to do.. And yes it is going in for a complete spring and axel replacement .. So next spring it'll be ready for the season.. I've had 0 water leaks and everything works as advertised. We also had a great time camping in it, what a people magnet !!!

Red Retro # 96
Ozark Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:23 PM   #22

I'm also satisfied with my purchase. No serious issues. Unfortunately, DouglasLive's experience wasn't acceptable and he communicates that repeatedly. I have upgraded the A/C (FR paid for the shroud work) and the roof fan and the axle and springs were replaced at the factory while I was camping in IN. It took 90 minutes or less. Just enough time for breakfast. No leaks, no tire rubbing. I have 21 months left on my warranty should an issue arise.

Ozark Guy, I'd like to see photos of your rear desk. I spent over two weeks working from the dinette of my 19' but I'm looking for a better layout.
JimDinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:25 PM   #23

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with being satisfied with your trailer.

Moderators, please address this.
DouglasLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:48 AM   #24

Here it is November 10 , 2015 and we have not got a recall letter yet .
Squatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:59 AM   #25

Contact your dealer. You shouldn't need a letter.

Below are links to a copy of the letter to owners and the NHTSA notice 15V553000 for the rear exit window recall. I can't find the axle or the window recall on the NHTSA site anymore. I could have sworn I saw them on the site previously. Otherwise where would I have gotten these links.

You have to cut and paste these links in your browser. They don't work directly from this site.

Letter to Owners
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...9143744&type=3

NHTSA Recall Announcement with links to documents below.

Letter to Owners
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...9143744&type=3

NHTSA Recall Announcement with links to documents below.
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults...

NHTSA's Letter to Forest River
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/.../UCM...5V553-5102.pdf

Link to Forest River Notification to Dealers with VINs. (My VIN is on Page 12, Line 4.)
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/.../UCM...5V553-0357.doc

Part 573 Safety Recall Report 15V-553
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/.../RCLRPT-15V553-6702.PDF

Hehr NHTSA Recall RC-15V553 Field Inspection Process / Verification Checklist
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/.../RCRIT-15V553-4514.pdf

Hehr Egress Glass Replacement Instructions
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/.../RCRIT-15V553-3959.pdf
Old 11-10-2015, 10:28 AM   #26

BTW, You probably wouldn't get a letter if your dealer didn't send in the warranty registration. Mine didn't. Forest River contacted the dealer when I submitted the warranty extension request. My dealer then had to complete the warranty registration, get me to sign it, and then submit it to Forest River.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:25 AM   #27

Just got off the phone with our dealership and found we are on the recall list , the service manager said they are waiting on a shipment of axles before they can start to schedule repairs.

I did buy two Dexstar wheels from Vintage Trailer and two Carlisle ST205/75R15 D tires from our local tire shop . I never was a fan of the wide white wall Coker tires anyway. The new wheels are powder coated black

I like the way they look with black wall tires. Have not installed them on the trailer yet. But they look like there will be more clearance with these smaller tires AND they are trailer tires with 65psi instead of passenger car tires at 32 psi.
The dealership is 100 miles away and I don't want to tow it with those P 225's on there .
Oh well , our trailer is parked inside our pole barn , nice and dry and connected to electricity - we are planning to have Thanksgiving dinner in it ....
Old 11-10-2015, 12:54 PM   #28

If you don't have a letter, contact Gary Meyers, Shasta Warranty Rep, and make sure your mailing address is correct. Ours wasn't and Gary was able to correct:

Product Warranty Administrator Shasta
Gary Myers
E-mail: gmyers@forestriverinc.com
phone: (574)825-7178 ext. 116
Old 11-10-2015, 01:01 PM   #29

I just ordered a new red wheel from Vintage Trailer for a spare and two whitewall 225/75R15D trailer tires from DiamondBack. I'm not so satisfied with the money I'm spending: $1300 last week and $700 today for upgrades. I'm almost done except for dual propane tanks and painting. I don't do my own work so it's expensive but I'm still satisfied with my purchase.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:02 PM   #30

No one doubts that, Jim. No one.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:19 PM   #31

Squatty, You don't have to worry about driving 100 miles on the original tires. I've driven 2000 miles without issue. Others have driven multiple times that. I have to get a spare anyway so I figure it's a good time to upgrade. Hopefully someone will buy my extra original tire to use as a spare or someone can use it on their classic car.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:02 PM   #32

I did get to speak to a very helpful Forest River representative yesterday . It seems our recall letter was sent to the wrong place-right name/house number and town-wrong state.
After talking to him I truly believe they will do a good job correcting our Shasta .
Old 11-11-2015, 04:43 PM   #33

You're welcome.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:11 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasLive View Post
You're welcome.
For What ???
Old 11-11-2015, 06:28 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatty View Post
For What ???
Guess you missed my post to this very thread suggesting you call Shasta (gave you the name/number) saying they probably had an incorrect mailing address for you.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:36 PM   #36

Oh- I did see your post .
I did speak to Gary Myers 3 weeks ago and got absolutely nowhere , the guy I talked to is a little farther up the food chain and he called me .
Old 11-11-2015, 06:38 PM   #37

....but thank you anyway
Old 02-26-2016, 03:22 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasLive View Post
If you don't have a letter, contact Gary Meyers, Shasta Warranty Rep, and make sure your mailing address is correct. Ours wasn't and Gary was able to correct:

Product Warranty Administrator Shasta
Gary Myers
E-mail: gmyers@forestriverinc.com
phone: (574)825-7178 ext. 116
It seems Gary Meyers no longer is at Shasta either .
Old 02-26-2016, 03:24 PM   #39

Gary Myers
Old 03-04-2016, 02:39 AM   #40

Dean Brovont is the new warranty rep. Nice guy, has been helpful so far.

No word why Gary left, but it seems the turnover from the previous crew is almost complete.

Tags
recall, tire