Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2015, 09:22 AM   #1

Shasta 19' questions, issues?

Hi everyone, I am in California and picking up my green 19' next week after a long wait. I have read through the forums about many of the issues mostly discussing the 16'. I am curious has anyone actually removed a wheel yet? does it indeed come in and out inflated? I want to get a spare and have it painted to match. Does the 19' use the same wheels as the 16' (how wide are they?) I was looking at these 5-Bolt Wheels. How deep is the sink? (looks shallow) . Also lots of a/c talk, how does the heater work? Any feedback on the 19' would be appreciated. My dealer is four hours away and if there are issues I would want to have them taken care of before pick up (they should in the pdi) but may not know about them or want to if they are not pointed out......that's why this forum is great!
Thanks in advance
ts55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:08 AM   #2

1) both the 16' and 19' Airflytes have wheel clearance issues, dealer has a fix (new shackles)
2) I assume the tires are the same, size 225-75-15.
3) Sink is shallow.
4) Heater works fine, AC needs insulation and duct-work in the compartment otherwise it doesn't work.
DouglasLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:19 PM   #3

Speaking of the sink, on our 16' the faucet was REALLY small and while it went up and looped over the sink, it still ended up emptying water very close to the back of the sink.

We "test camped" in the backyard and after washing up breakfast dishes and wiping up water off the back of the counter 100 times, I was off to home improvement store to buy a new faucet that gives another inch or two height and 3 or 4 inches further out into the middle of the sink.

Not the easiest thing to replace, but not the worst plumbing job I have seen either.

This helped quite a bit.
r-bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:20 PM   #4

Yeah, many have replaced that faucet neck.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:29 PM   #5

Thanks

Thank you for the answers. I picked up my 19' airflyte yesterday. I towed it 4 hours home, no issues, tows very nice. I will be replacing the plastic sink with a deeper stainless one asap (there appears to be plenty of room) . The overall trailer is nice, you can see where they cut a few corners though. I will post some pics when I get a chance. The wheels are 15 x 6
Thanks Again
ts55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:53 AM   #6

Now the "fun" begins. Good luck!

Tags
shasta