Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2021, 06:13 PM   #1

Cool Shasta Airflyte 2015 Entry Door Issue

Hi folks. I bought a used 16' Shasta Airflyte (private party) and the entry door won't close completely unless I thump the upper left corner (when facing the door) with my hand. The bigger problem is the door won't shut flush when closing it from the inside because I can't thump if from the outside. It is clear this has been an issue for a bit, because there is a little groove in the aluminum door frame where the round screw caps from the door hit the door frame in that spot. Has anyone experienced a similar issue and come up with a fix. I get that this is one more in a long list of reissue Airflyte issues. I need about an eighth inch clearance in the upper left corner and haven't wanted to go at it with a mallet or to try to bend the door hinge until I've checked to see if anyone more experienced has seen and dealt with this.
Thanks for your support.
pokyairflyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:00 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokyairflyte View Post
Hi folks. I bought a used 16' Shasta Airflyte (private party) and the entry door won't close completely unless I thump the upper left corner (when facing the door) with my hand. The bigger problem is the door won't shut flush when closing it from the inside because I can't thump if from the outside. It is clear this has been an issue for a bit, because there is a little groove in the aluminum door frame where the round screw caps from the door hit the door frame in that spot. Has anyone experienced a similar issue and come up with a fix. I get that this is one more in a long list of reissue Airflyte issues. I need about an eighth inch clearance in the upper left corner and haven't wanted to go at it with a mallet or to try to bend the door hinge until I've checked to see if anyone more experienced has seen and dealt with this.
Thanks for your support.

I was really wanting one of these models when they first came out but didn't get one in the end. I used to have another smaller trailer (not a FR product) that had door issues depending on how much the stabilizer jacks were cranked.I had to find the correct spot/pressure on the stabilizers, to keep the frame from getting torqued just enough to make a corner of the door hang up. Just an idea, and if this could be a possible solution.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 11:39 AM   #3

Thank you for the idea. I will try playing with the jacks this week and see if that helps. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.
Old 04-15-2021, 02:43 PM   #4

Thumbs up Adjusting jacks helps

Thanks for the stabilizer jacks tip. That and lowering the tongue just a hair lower than level seems to address the door issue.
Old 04-15-2021, 02:46 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokyairflyte View Post
Thanks for the stabilizer jacks tip. That and lowering the tongue just a hair lower than level seems to address the door issue.
Excellent. Thanks for letting us know.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, shasta