Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2017, 06:26 AM   #21

Thanks!

Thanks for all the comments and posts. This is our first TT and we love it..lots to learn and lots to love!
JaxDreamFunding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:49 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
My suggestion would be for you to earn another merit badge for today by calling/emailing your dealership and giving them the correct info. You might help hundreds of new purchasers. I've "educated" my dealership more than once.
I think I will wait. I have 2 weeks of warranty left and a slide that still leaks. They (and I) are working with Forest River to make sure it is sealed under warranty, but I have a feeling they aren't going to like me very much if my slide still leaks after my warranty expires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin533 View Post
Just an experience thing, but when you have the gas and electric on together you can almost take a normal shower without running out of hot water. If you have it set to hot or with to much flow you can run out of hot water. I have a suburban 10 gallon water heater in my 2008 Berkshire.
This will be nice next time we have full hook ups. Most of the time we are electric only with the occasional water hook ups.
2016 Nights Camped 23 (3 in popup)

Laissez les bons temps rouler!
mac.dblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:56 AM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxDreamFunding View Post
Thanks for all the comments and posts. This is our first TT and we love it..lots to learn and lots to love!
The below is a copy and paste, and I usually recommend it to those just starting out. Some of it, you may already know, or may not be applicable to your particular RV. You will be able to filter out what pertains to your situation or not.

You can just peruse at your leisure:

Basic electric:

Basic RV Electricity - RV Information (RV Maintenance)

RV Electric

Your very important converter:

RV Converters and Amp Draw - RV Information (RV Maintenance)

Suburban water heater (if applicable to your RV):

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post327988

Water Heater bypass/crossover valves:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...st-103381.html

And my newest addition to help understand what constitutes a true full cylinder in refilling vs exchanging propane cylinders

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ng-133760.html

Hope this helps.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:59 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvabargain View Post
I can't help you unfortunately, as I'm a new RV owner myself, but I saw your post and I have the same year and model TT - a 2012 Grey Wolf RL. We just purchased it from a private seller and brought it home a few days ago. The unit is beautifully maintained and so far we are loving it. We've been "camping" in the driveway, but have our first camping trip planned in just over a week.
Quote:
We got our Grey Wolf in January and have been out a few times. You will love it! Pour through the posts in this forum, you will find some great tips and tricks!
We bought our 26RL new last June. We absolutely love it now that most of the warranty kinks seem to be worked out. We call it our empty nest, couple's camper. It is the perfect layout for a couple and our youngest just graduated high school...

Old 06-01-2017, 09:01 AM   #25

Quote:
Did you get your water heater figured out? This thread got slightly side tracked after I gave you mis/underinformed advise.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:52 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.dblues View Post
We bought our 26RL new last June. We absolutely love it now that most of the warranty kinks seem to be worked out. We call it our empty nest, couple's camper. It is the perfect layout for a couple and our youngest just graduated high school...
My youngest graduated high school last year. That does not mean that my kids don't want to camp with us, but it does mean that we are not beholden to looking at just bunk campers! Woo-hoo! We love the rear living space because of all the extra room. There is still room for extra sleeping with the couch and dinette down, plus a lot of space to put in an air mattress if need be. The trailer is for us though!
luvabargain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, grey wolf, heater, water, water heater