Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #1

2013 Grey Wolf 28BH

Just posting to get feedback on the '13 Grey Wolf 28BH or similar. We bought one in April and have had a few minor issues and one major. Dealer fixed the minor stuff (one outside speaker not working, slide drain clogged with saw dust, small tear in the linoleum (sp?) that we decided to have them patch instead of replacing the whole floor. Major issue at the campground #3 - breakaway brake box shorted out causing the trailer brakes to lock up (luckily we were already parked). FR found a local dude that came out the next day. Window above the dinette in the slide leaked during a monster squall (fixed that one myself-hopefully). Overall, super pumped about the TT. It is our 1st one! Seeing if anyone had any other issues that may happen down the road that I can be on the look out for. Or any advice on upgrades, fixes, etc.
briddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #2

I have a '10 28bh and never a single issue so far except one caused by me not winterizing ( cracked water pump).
If I were to buy another, I would probably go to a rear living instead of the bunk house. That is no fault of the trailer, just the bunks don't get used much. I dot think I could have gotten a better unit.
edman87k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #3

We've got a '12 grey wolf 28bh and have spent around 80 nights in it since picking it up last July 18th. I've had two tires replaced under warranty(before they blew luckily) & replaced the touch audio stereo system twice now under warranty as well. No other issues and we love it! Seems to be a lot of bang for the money
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #4

I've been full timing it in my '12 "Patriot Edition" 28BHG since the end of June. Everything has performed flawlessly. Only minor issues with the vinyl trim cracking and falling off, and the blind behind the dinette breaking (both replaced under warranty). I just tinted the windows this weekend and it made a huge difference in the amount of heat coming in. I do plan on having the tires balanced before a 1000 mile trip in November though.
wdblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #5

full timing in our '13 28BH

We got ours in July and have only had a few minor problems that I've been able to fix. #1 the switch for the entryway lights shorted out against the door frame. Simple fix when I got out my files to make the hole bigger and got rid of the burrs. After some good insulation I haven't had another problem with it. One other disturbing problem were the lights. I have the very basic double lights throughout the trailer and the one over the vanity (we use this the most) got way too hot. Hot enough it discolored the sockets and wires a little and the switch stopped working. These switches are impossible to find. I went to the dealer and they said "your trailer is going to catch fire so you need to bring it in for 3 or more days while we chase down the problem." I know the switch/light assembly simply wasn't big enough. I never blew a fuse and have inspected the wiring extensively. I confirmed this by talking the dealership into switching out a few of the lights. After thorough testing the new lights have not had a single problem. After closer inspection the bad switches were 3A 12V and the new ones are 10A 13.2V. The juice was bottlenecking and heating up at the switch. Working with the Dealership now to get the remaining 6 lights switched out. Other than those two issues we haven't had any more problems.
jtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #6

We have the 2012 Grey Wolf 28Bh, we have had a few problems with it. The slide out had 2 major and 1 minor leak. Tires wore out, and axles were bad. We have some water damage to wood, and table. It has gone back to the factory to be fixed. Overall, we love the camper, and hope that the factory gets us up and running for awhile.
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #7

jtrader,
Did you ever consider LED lights? Ours get way too hot also and thought LED would be a good replacement. Have gotten that far yet. Any opinions?
briddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #8

Sorry it took so long to reply. I fixed my problem by making my dealership replace all of my lights. They really didn't have a choice when I was standing in their service department with 5 melted fixtures to show other customers. The new lights have higher rated switches and solved the problem. I did buy a set of LED bulbs ($30 worth) for over our bed. They're bright enough but they give off a greenish tint. They certainly don't get hot though. I know there are other led's out there that work far better so I've been keeping my eyes open.
jtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:38 PM   #9

We have a 2011 Grey Wolf 29BHKS and we have the outdoor kitchen which needed to have the door replaced because it leaked, but our big problem is that the axles do not seem to be placed correctly and the camper is very bouncy as well as sways all over the road when we tow it. We have the electric jacks and they just do not seem to do the trick, when someone walks across the floor the whole camper/awning will bounce. As for towing, we spent $1,000 on the towing system which was recommended and use a 3/4 ton pick up. We are trading this unit in because it scares me on the highway. Any ideas or anyone else had towing issues. I can not seem to find a direct way to get ahold of Forest River to discuss this issue and the dealership is of no help.
Sarahbelle717 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
28bh