Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2017, 01:40 PM   #1

2016 Wolf Pup 16bhs TV cable/DVD question

Hello all. i know this topic has been brought up in the past. And i did search and read what i could find, but its a little confusing so i figured id try and get a definitive answer.

OK, i have the furrion 3100 cd/dvd/radio installed. There is the coax cable jack by the front door inside by the sink that has the 12v plug and button for antenna (im guessing). there is also a cable jack outside by the speakers and mount.

here's my questions:

1. does my camper have a coax input somewhere? meaning if i go to a campground that offers cable, can i hook into it?

2. how do i watch DVDs on the tv if i hook into the coax by the sink? ive read conflicting things about this that some people dont have the dvd player hooked to the coax and have to use RCA cables. the camper came with them but does that mean i have to run that short cable to where i want to put the tv? that seems silly.

3. if that is the case, is the coax only for the antenna then? and what does the button by the jack do? when should i have it on or off?

sorry for all the questions, but I just brought it home and it is a used camper so the dealer didnt have all the answers, so i have to turn to you guys. Any help is greatly appreciated and i thank you in advance for your help.
Mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:29 PM   #2

Hello from California! I don't have the Wolf Pup, but we have the Grey Wolf so they're pretty similar. So I'll give your questions a whirl...

1) Yes, there should be a coax cable on the driver side of your trailer, along with all of your other utilities. I don't know what model you have or I would have tried to look it up for you.

2) If you're trying to watch DVD's from your Furrion, you'll need to plug your TV into the three auxiliary RVA jacks (red, white and yellow). Once plugged in, press the button to the right of the Bluetooth button until it says "DVD" or "Aux" (in all honesty I haven't remembered the correct input). If your Wolf Pup is like our Grey Wolf, the RCA jacks are ran in the wall internally and should be near the coax/12 volt plug.

3) Yes, the coax is only for the antenna in addition to campgrounds that provide cable at their sites. The button by the coax helps intensify and/or activates the antenna. It'll also help with receiving better radio signal when using your Farrion to listen to the AM/FM radio.

Hope this helps... Good luck!

2017 Grey Wolf 26DBH
smnavalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnavalley View Post
Hello from California! I don't have the Wolf Pup, but we have the Grey Wolf so they're pretty similar. So I'll give your questions a whirl...

1) Yes, there should be a coax cable on the driver side of your trailer, along with all of your other utilities. I don't know what model you have or I would have tried to look it up for you.

2) If you're trying to watch DVD's from your Furrion, you'll need to plug your TV into the three auxiliary RVA jacks (red, white and yellow). Once plugged in, press the button to the right of the Bluetooth button until it says "DVD" or "Aux" (in all honesty I haven't remembered the correct input). If your Wolf Pup is like our Grey Wolf, the RCA jacks are ran in the wall internally and should be near the coax/12 volt plug.

3) Yes, the coax is only for the antenna in addition to campgrounds that provide cable at their sites. The button by the coax helps intensify and/or activates the antenna. It'll also help with receiving better radio signal when using your Farrion to listen to the AM/FM radio.

Thanks. I have s wolf pup 16bhs.

I cannot find a coax Jack anywhere outside other than the 1 by the speakers.

Inside there are no rca jacks. Just the one plate that has the coax and 12v.

Thanks for the hero but i guess or campers are too different
Old 04-02-2017, 02:35 PM   #4

Mine was not wired. I used wireless audio video sd tv sender and transmitter from amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Signstek-PAT-6...r+and+receiver and on the cable hook up at campground. I hooked up to by t he outside speakers and undid the power button on the one inside the camper.
tmaxx16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnavalley View Post

Here are my inside connections. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170402_112231.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	133667
Old 04-02-2017, 06:52 PM   #6

The bottom switch unit make sure the power boost is not on.
tmaxx16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmaxx16 View Post
Mine was not wired. I used wireless audio video sd tv sender and transmitter from amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Signstek-PAT-6...r+and+receiver and on the cable hook up at campground. I hooked up to by t he outside speakers and undid the power button on the one inside the camper.
That makes no sense to me. Why put a dvd player in but not hook it up? Now i have to buy more equipment to use a feature of the camper that should have been ready to use.

And no hookup for incoming cable? Thats also odd to me. Yeah i can start messing with the wiring and get it to work but it should be done from the factory.

Not super happy with this. But i guess thats just how it is.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:40 PM   #8

We don't have a driver side hook up. Hooked the coax to the connection by the outside speaker, when the tv is inside. When we had the tv outside, just hooked cable directly to the tv. We don't have a dvd player.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv ILL View Post
We don't have a driver side hook up. Hooked the coax to the connection by the outside speaker, when the tv is inside. When we had the tv outside, just hooked cable directly to the tv. We don't have a dvd player.
Ok so the coax jack outside by the speaker can be used as an input and watch tv on the inside jack by the sink? Thats a little better. But the dvd not being connected is just crazy

Tags
cable, dvd, led, wolf pup