Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2019, 10:07 PM   #1

2017 294BH furnace

Hello all,

Well, something occured to me tonight and I wanted to get some input from the experts here. I used to have an Outback 25ft travel trailer (I think around a 2006 or so). Anyway, the furnace would run for probably 3 or 4 days in super cold weather (Virginia winter) on a tank of propane. I remember very clearly that the blower put out a huge amount of air from the two floor vents.

Fast forward four years later. I'm back in Virginia, heading into winter, and I now have a 2017 Cherokee 294BH. It has 5 floor vents and Im guessing the furnace is about the same size based on it's location as my Outback was. My questions are as follows:

1. It seems like the air flow is pretty low coming out of the vents. Is this normal?

2. Any chance that the furnace has a vent to the underbelly to keep the tanks warm?

I'm full timing for probably the next couple years, so if I need to fix something, I would like to do it now instead of when snow is flying. It's just been recently cold enough to need to run the heater, so I'm just now really running into these questions.

Thanks.
kermit315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:27 AM   #2

the furnace is more then likely putting out the same amount of air as your old one its just going to more locations so the velocity out each vent is reduced. You may have underfloor venting however most smaller rigs (like mine) get the heat under there from the loss thru the aluminum flex pipe to the underfloor. When I pulled the coorplast on my rig because of uneven and poor air flow I found venting kinked, with holes, and no dampers restricting air to areas that didn't need as much air flow. I would pull the corpolast and check the venting before doing that check the furnace plenum (you may have to remove panels) to ensure all piping is attached. good luck
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace