Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2016, 07:25 AM   #1

2017 Arctic Wolf 265DBH8

We have been looking to upgrade our current camper, a 2013 Surveyor SP260. We are looking increase the size of the bed for our 5 feet tall 10 year old. We have looked online at several smaller sized 5th wheels and we ran across the Article Wolf yesterday. Does anyone have one to help educate us about it?
Old 10-20-2016, 03:04 PM   #2
Site Team

Did you mean Arctic Fox, not Wolf?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 03:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Did you mean Arctic Fox, not Wolf?
Nope Arctic Wolf. A new 5th wheel released recently. Arctic Wolf Fifth Wheels by Forest River RV . Edited to add a little info. I just got off the phone with the Arctic Fox rep, James. Seems its been out three weeks or so. And have been generating a good bit of sales. I can see why, it sure is pretty. The closest one to us is about 3 hours away. We might be taking a road trip this weekend.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:27 PM   #4
Site Team

Well that's a brand new brand.
Is it a true 4 season trailer, since it has Arctic in its name.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 10-20-2016, 04:41 PM   #5

That's pretty much what James, the Rep, was telling me. He went over many of the features, weights and dimensions with me. Granted he was driving and going from memory as most of the particulars are not published yet.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:21 PM   #6
Site Team

Buck, I'm confused.
First you said you were talking about Arctic Wolf, a new FR brand.
Then you said you talked to an Arctic FOX rep.
Arctic Fox is not a FR product.
It's made by Northwood Manufacturing in Oregon.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Buck, I'm confused.
First you said you were talking about Arctic Wolf, a new FR brand.
Then you said you talked to an Arctic FOX rep.
Arctic Fox is not a FR product.
It's made by Northwood Manufacturing in Oregon.
Dagnabit! You are correct Sir, I did miss type in the last post. I will correct it. The Arctic Wolf is a Forest River Cherokee model. As I mentioned that Arctic Wolf is a new model.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck1032 View Post
Nope Arctic Wolf. A new 5th wheel released recently. Arctic Wolf Fifth Wheels by Forest River RV . Edited to add a little info. I just got off the phone with the Arctic Wolf rep, James. Seems its been out three weeks or so. And have been generating a good bit of sales. I can see why, it sure is pretty. The closest one to us is about 3 hours away. We might be taking a road trip this weekend.
I couldn't seem to edit that post in place. So its edited here. I am very sorry for the confusion.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:22 PM   #9

arctic wolf

Me and the wife just bought a arctic wolf 255 drl over the weekend now if it would warm up . Our dealer had a 255 and a 265 and believe soon they will have a 285
g1shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 03:38 AM   #10

Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by g1shadow View Post
Me and the wife just bought a arctic wolf 255 drl over the weekend now if it would warm up . Our dealer had a 255 and a 265 and believe soon they will have a 285
Hi,

My wife and I are in the market for the 265 bunk house Arctic Wolf. Do you mind sharing how much you paid? Also, what was there original asking price. Any advice or tips is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Calvin4zero8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:15 AM   #11

This is where we got ours
New 2017 Forest River RV Cherokee Arctic Wolf 265DBH8 Fifth Wheel at Liberty RV MO | Liberty, MO | #4879
g1shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:36 PM   #12

We bought ours from a show 29k out the door. Outside is great but we have a few issues. The bed tilt system nothing like going on our first trip driving 600 miles and when we stopped for the night we couldn't get the bed flat. Check out the craftsmanship closely we have trim falling off nails sticking out couple trim pieces with multiple nail holes. The fridge is great the set up is easy tons of storage. A/c isn't the greatest bc the system is in the back the bunks are freezing and the bedroom up front is hot. Shower is great bathroom is spacious! Our awning is pulling away from the camper slightly due to poor installation so just look it over really well
Campamerica24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:13 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campamerica24 View Post
We bought ours from a show 29k out the door. Outside is great but we have a few issues. The bed tilt system nothing like going on our first trip driving 600 miles and when we stopped for the night we couldn't get the bed flat. Check out the craftsmanship closely we have trim falling off nails sticking out couple trim pieces with multiple nail holes. The fridge is great the set up is easy tons of storage. A/c isn't the greatest bc the system is in the back the bunks are freezing and the bedroom up front is hot. Shower is great bathroom is spacious! Our awning is pulling away from the camper slightly due to poor installation so just look it over really well
Hey!!! Really appreciate the input. Very helpful!!! We are steering towards the Jayco Eagle HT as I've heard about poor craftsmanship on the Arctic's. Wishing you the best of luck on all you adventures. Thanks again for the honesty.
Calvin4zero8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:34 PM   #14

We almost got the Jayco but the flashy arctic wolf reeled me in! Enjoy
Old 07-12-2017, 11:17 PM   #15

I purchased the DB 265, I'm super disappointed and wouldn't recommend purchasing. The quality and craftsmanship is atrocious. I'm having lots of problems.
Pat G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:21 PM   #16

What kind of issues?
Old 07-13-2017, 04:10 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck1032 View Post
We have been looking to upgrade our current camper, a 2013 Surveyor SP260. We are looking increase the size of the bed for our 5 feet tall 10 year old. We have looked online at several smaller sized 5th wheels and we ran across the Article Wolf yesterday. Does anyone have one to help educate us about it?
I purchased one three months ago, I'm quite disappointed with the craftsmanship and had to do lots of modifications to the unit. It's been in the shop once for several warranty issues and will go back in next week. SORRY...
Old 07-13-2017, 04:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campamerica24 View Post
What kind of issues?
OK you asked for it:

Cabinets are poorly made. I had to reinforce the shelving and the drawers. Trim throughout the RV keeps coming apart. Cabinet that holds TV sags due to lack of reinforcement, and the latch is not user friendly. I had to make modifications to the bathroom cabinet because it was nonfunctional.
Drawers open while in transit. There were other cabinet issues even before I picked the unit up that they had to fix.

Power adjusting bed needed modifications. The mattress slid all over because it sat on a piece of plywood and was only held with a strap. I modified the strap and got rid if the buckles that protruded through the mattress. I placed weather-stripping around the plywood because it was so rough it would catch your legs when you walked by.

Black water tank sits awkwardly so you have to block one side of the tires so you can tilt the unit and drain it completely.

TV, stereo and speakers are dirt cheap.

A/C system does not cool unit, particularly toward the front of the R/V . (Purchased the unit with the optional larger A/C unit)

Spare tire/generator rack is not usable, if you bring it down to haul stuff it sags even though its well below load range, I even took the spare tire off and it still drags on the smallest if inclines.

On a positive, its a good looking R/V that matches my rig!
Old 07-14-2017, 01:45 PM   #19

I have had mine for several months and done 3 trips with it the only issue I have is the trim coming off in the bedroom I have the attic package (live in south Florida) and it stays cool in 92 to 98 degree temps in the day. Had a issue with the slide in the bedroom that the dealer fixed it was leaking when it was in the out position fridge works great and plenty of room. I too was drawn in by the looks.
vboy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:51 AM   #20

We just bought the 2018 265dbh8 about 2 weeks ago.
Next weekend will be our first trip with it, so i'm anxious to see how things go on multiple fronts.

Curious, are you guys pulling your 265dbh8's with half tons?

SOLD-2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 w/ Max Trailering Package
willie1280 is offline   Reply With Quote