Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2018, 03:13 PM   #1

2018 Arctic Wolf refridg issue

Just purchased a new 2018 Arctic wolf 315tbh8. Loading it up for our first trip and noticed the shelves in the main fridge were not tall enough for a gallon of milk. Though no problem ill just the move shelf up one notch since there are several notches inside to move the shelves around... BUT SOME GENIUS at forest river decided to set the fridge back with a wall there. So no way to open door enough to actually remove the shelf without taking the door off. Any suggestions?
ksgoosekillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:06 PM   #2

planning to remove the door tonight unless someone here has any suggestions. My reply to the FR rep was please send me a video of you removing the shelf knowing there is no possible way to do so.
Old 06-07-2018, 04:32 PM   #3

apparently i am the only one with this issue or fridge....
Old 06-07-2018, 07:10 PM   #4

No help for you here, but I would like to know what genius thought that was a good idea.
merrykalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:57 PM   #5
Site Team

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, but the title didn't get my attention. Unfortunately you've figured out the only way to remove the shelf without moving the fridge out a little. Which should have been done at the factory.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksgoosekillr View Post
apparently i am the only one with this issue or fridge....
Mine might be a different fridge but its only held in place by 2 screws on the bottom plate that can be removed from the vent side at the back of the fridge. Then you can slide it forward. I guess it depends on what's the easier route, doing that, removing the door or buying shorter milk cartons.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:13 PM   #7
Who Dares, Wins

Yep just saw this post myself. I had to unscrew the safety catches on the fridge, slide it out of its home and then move the shelves. Pain in the #%$%$%#%! It was a one and done though so I guess it could be worse.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:43 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Which fridge is this? On both Dometics I've had, you remove a couple of retaining clips, the shelf slides left and then you tilt out the right side. Never had to get the door open all the way.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:50 PM   #9
Who Dares, Wins

We have LG residential fridges.

The door opens to about a 90 before hitting the wall. A few of the shelves are not able to clear the door at the 90 they need a bit more

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 06-08-2018, 02:53 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Ok, thanks for clarifying. It wasn't stated it was a residential, and all the Arctic Wolves I looked at had either Dometic or NorCold fridges.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:55 PM   #11
Who Dares, Wins

I am not sure how they choose what goes where but our 31 is residential. I think the smaller version of ours is also a residential. They were both 5ers so not sure if the TT line is not the same.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 06-08-2018, 03:00 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

We were looking at the smaller fivers. Checking the floorpans it would have been the equivalent of the current 265DBH8. Looks like it lists a residential fridge now, but I don't remember seeing those when I was looking last year at the previous year leftovers.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:02 PM   #13

That is correct mine is an LG fridge as well.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:04 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Yep just saw this post myself. I had to unscrew the safety catches on the fridge, slide it out of its home and then move the shelves. Pain in the #%$%$%#%! It was a one and done though so I guess it could be worse.
what i thought was funny was the FR rep for this product line told me that they can be taken out without removing the door or sliding the fridge out. I want to watch him attempt this in person.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:32 PM   #15
Who Dares, Wins

Yeah right!

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 07-11-2018, 11:48 PM   #16

I discovered the same issue with our 315TBH8 LG fridge. I removed the plates that held it in the surround it was in. Slide the fridge out almost until it came out of the hole. Then I could open the door far enough to get the shelf out and move it up. Then I slide the fridge back in the hole and reinstalled the plates that held it in place. Now we can put a gallon of milk or whatever in it. Sorry I didn't see this post in time to help.
scottac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:54 PM   #17

Just joined the site. We have a new 18, 315tbh8 as well with the LG residential fridge. Same door issue with the shelves and on our first trip with the new trailer the fridge basically pulled out of its compartment. Leaning forward enough that the contents of the fridge pushed on the door and popped the lock knob off.
Looking closely at why this would happen I noticed that the front foo on the hinge side of the fridge is not on the floor of the compartment but likely an inch in front of it. The small tin brackets couldn't support the weighing removed the fridge. Put a piece of plywood under it and remastered everything.
Team Poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:11 PM   #18
Who Dares, Wins

We added kid seals to the fridge since after 2x coming to find an open fridge door and a mess.. No more. Straps in the trash!

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB