Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2018, 11:04 AM   #1

2018 cherokee limited 304 bh

Well after only a little over a year in our Shasta Flyte 265 db.. We have moved on. The Shasta was bullet proof and trouble free with the exception of a cracked frame for the overhead microwave.

I am hoping the Cherokee to be likewise, I am worried about the single 15k air conditioner for such a large camper. although the 13.5k unit in our shasta kept it cool on the hottest days and it is only 4.5 shorter.

I pick the new unit up on Friday, Im excited and nervous at the same time! Its also about 2K heavier than my current trailer, so theres that also, but my truck has plenty of capacity.
ronheater70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 10:16 PM   #2

Well it is here, and have had it for a bit now. Have camped in it in our driveway, which is nice cause we live in the middle of the woods.
Don't like that the 3 slides cut off access to the bedroom and bunk room when in, but can live with that. Heat works well, stayed nice and cozy on a 40 degree night, not real cold but about as cold as we will camp. Lots of room inside...Extremely roomy
Towed very well, the extra weight was noticeable but not majorily so.
Like the blue "night" light strip inside to match the awning lights outside.
Stereo speakers are below average, but stereo has dvd, bluetooth etc, so its good to be able to play music from our devices. Kitchen island is great.. So far so good!

I'll try and get some pics up , seems my photo bucket account is useless now unless i pay to subscribe so ill have to find another method.

Downside, is that is just big enough to cause problems finding suitable spots at our local campground.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:23 AM   #3

Congrats on your new Cherokee Limited 304BH!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:53 AM   #4

Thanks!
I added a simple picture to my album in my profile, I do not know how to add it here from my Album.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:26 PM   #5

We have the 2018 304BH as well. Ron is spot on with his summary too. The 15k air condition has been plenty for us. It does run a good bit when it's hot outside, but it kept our camper plenty comfortable.

I'm sure you'll love it and ours pulls like a dream with our equalizer hitch.

Some mods I did in case you get the itch:
Black water washdown didn't work - had kink in the line in the foam (not worth taking to the dealer)
Added led strip lights to front storage in the front
Added led strip lights on magnet switch to pantry, under kitchen sink, and storage by the door
Upgraded mattress to memory foam
Upgraded bathroom faucet
Caulked shower better, and glued on magnetic strips with super glue
Added bottle opener to outdoor kitchen
Paper towel and TP holders in kitchens and bathrooms
Oxygenics shower head was a huge improvement (along with adjustable regulator)
Mounted spare tire under camper to allow for bikes to be on the rack
Replaced china bombs with Goodyears
freyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:41 AM   #6

Thanks FREYGUY, seems like we will like it. The Amount of room in it is wonderful. IM probably going to run the tires one season then look at swapping them out in the fall. I'm a stickler about checking pressure, etc. I dont want these tires on there too long thats for sure!
Old 02-21-2018, 08:08 AM   #7

Ron - Thats the same thing we did! We are planning a long trip out West from Delaware this year, so I figured it was a good idea to replace them. Discount tire had a President's day sale, so all 4 goodyears were only $322.

I do the same thing though, check the psi before all trips to be sure. I'd even feel the tires on my walkarounds at rest stops to make sure none were overly hot. I should buy a good infrared thermometer.

We have all the room in the bunkhouse for our two boys, and they fight to sleep on the dinette converted to a bed so that there's enough room for dog to lay with them!!
Old 02-21-2018, 08:17 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
Well it is here, and have had it for a bit now. Have camped in it in our driveway, which is nice cause we live in the middle of the woods.
Don't like that the 3 slides cut off access to the bedroom and bunk room when in, but can live with that. Heat works well, stayed nice and cozy on a 40 degree night, not real cold but about as cold as we will camp. Lots of room inside...Extremely roomy
Towed very well, the extra weight was noticeable but not majorily so.
Like the blue "night" light strip inside to match the awning lights outside.
Stereo speakers are below average, but stereo has dvd, bluetooth etc, so its good to be able to play music from our devices. Kitchen island is great.. So far so good!

I'll try and get some pics up , seems my photo bucket account is useless now unless i pay to subscribe so ill have to find another method.

Downside, is that is just big enough to cause problems finding suitable spots at our local campground.
Use the paperclip above where you are typing. Same place I got the red print. That will attach pictures directly from your computer. Very easy. you can also scroll down to "manage files" and download pictures also.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:05 PM   #9

Remove the factory tpms tire caps it comes with from the factory, they are junk. Luckily my 26DBH was sitting in the driveway when mine decided to give way. I thought I had a flat (which it was flat sitting on the rim) so I pulled the wheel and aired it up looking for the leak and I could not find anything. Put the cap back on and it instantly went flat. I removed/replaced the other 3 immediately. On the highway that could have been a disaster.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by freyguy View Post
We have the 2018 304BH as well. Ron is spot on with his summary too. The 15k air condition has been plenty for us. It does run a good bit when it's hot outside, but it kept our camper plenty comfortable.
It's exactly the right size when it runs continuously on the hottest day. If it shuts off, it's bigger than necessary; if it can't keep the temperature you want, it's too small.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
Remove the factory tpms tire caps it comes with from the factory, they are junk. Luckily my 26DBH was sitting in the driveway when mine decided to give way. I thought I had a flat (which it was flat sitting on the rim) so I pulled the wheel and aired it up looking for the leak and I could not find anything. Put the cap back on and it instantly went flat. I removed/replaced the other 3 immediately. On the highway that could have been a disaster.
I suppose Im a little dense here, but how does the cap malfunction? Thanks for the heads up by the way!
Old 02-21-2018, 09:58 PM   #12

Basically when you screw down the cap it depresses the schraeder valve pressurizing the cap itself. If you have sufficient pressure it pushes up the green label, if not it remains red. I had one cap literally crack and let out all air just sitting on the driveway. I posted on here about it and others chimed in as well. The caps in my opinion are a problem just waiting to happen. To each their own though
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
Basically when you screw down the cap it depresses the schraeder valve pressurizing the cap itself. If you have sufficient pressure it pushes up the green label, if not it remains red. I had one cap literally crack and let out all air just sitting on the driveway. I posted on here about it and others chimed in as well. The caps in my opinion are a problem just waiting to happen. To each their own though
Well I am kinda embarrassed to say i just went out and checked and I didn't even know mine had them. It does, and so I will swap those out for plain caps soon. I like to rely on a pressure gauge anyway.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Use the paperclip above where you are typing. Same place I got the red print. That will attach pictures directly from your computer. Very easy. you can also scroll down to "manage files" and download pictures also.
O.k well I tried the paperclip thing..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1132.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	494.6 KB
ID:	163177  
Old 03-02-2018, 02:38 PM   #15

She's a beaut, Clark!!

Mine is listed as a 2018, but it was waaay early. I don't have the red line like you do. I like that look on yours!
Old 03-02-2018, 03:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by freyguy View Post
She's a beaut, Clark!!

Mine is listed as a 2018, but it was waaay early. I don't have the red line like you do. I like that look on yours!
Thanks! yea I kinda like the red stripe as well! I sure like the room, can't wait ti take it out when it warms up good..I am in NC and we can a week of70's in march followed by 3 nights in the low 20s, Im not ready to de winterize yet but 2 more weeks and she would be pretty close to safe! We will take a shakedown run at a campground thats about 45 minutes away that we frequent for quick weekend fixes between longer scheduled outings!
Old 03-04-2018, 02:43 PM   #17

So the Air seems to work good in the rear bunkhouse, but I suppose there is no heat back there really? seems there is radiant heat out the vent on the bottom under the bunk, but that is it.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:17 PM   #18

Our heater is the same way. It seems to work though because it pulls the air back through thanks to the huge gaps above/below the door.

I shoved my Camp Chef in where the factory grill was this weekend. Took tons of work and some welding, but she fits!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CampChef.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	332.4 KB
ID:	164993  

Tags
cherokee