Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2017, 04:51 PM   #1

2018 Cherokee Wolf Pup 16BHS

We take delivery tomorrow on a '18 Wolf pup. Can't wait! Have been looking over the threads and it looks like a got a bunch of mods to get cracking on.

Seems like a great group of people here. Looking forward to contributing.
manwayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 05:01 PM   #2
Wolfpup owner

Enjoy, I have a 2017 Wolfpup 18TO
nlparrott1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 05:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlparrott1212 View Post
Enjoy, I have a 2017 Wolfpup 18TO

Thanks, we have gone through all mfg's with the similar floor plan but kept coming back to the Wolf Pup. I may have over paid some though. But looking forward to some great memories.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:04 PM   #4
Wolfpup owner

It towa so well, with WDW system. That's a must. I love my floor plan
Old 07-28-2017, 05:21 PM   #5

We have a 07 expedition and was wondering about the weight distribution system but was hoping wouldn't need it
Old 07-28-2017, 05:48 PM   #6
Wolfpup owner

I have a 2012 pathfinder and I would not put it on the road without it. Makes it so much easier to pull
Old 07-29-2017, 06:48 AM   #7

We pull our 16 bhs with an 04 Sequoia. We were told we wouldn't need a weight distribution system. We went with one anyway and glad we did. I pull it to the storage lot without the bars installed, about a mile away, and it is squatted a little more than I would want to tow any further. We have only gone on one trip since we picked it up around the 4th of July, we LOVE it. Just food for thought: my dad had a blowout on his camper last weekend. I was assisting in tire decisions, and found out that the Castle Rock tires are not the best. Just received my new Goodyear Endurance tires yesterday and cannot wait to put them on. I got them just for piece of mind. I highly recommend Tirerack.com, great price and next day delivery in most areas!!!! Sorry to go off topic!!!!
MMJGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 06:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMJGM View Post
We pull our 16 bhs with an 04 Sequoia. We were told we wouldn't need a weight distribution system. We went with one anyway and glad we did. I pull it to the storage lot without the bars installed, about a mile away, and it is squatted a little more than I would want to tow any further. We have only gone on one trip since we picked it up around the 4th of July, we LOVE it. Just food for thought: my dad had a blowout on his camper last weekend. I was assisting in tire decisions, and found out that the Castle Rock tires are not the best. Just received my new Goodyear Endurance tires yesterday and cannot wait to put them on. I got them just for piece of mind. I highly recommend Tirerack.com, great price and next day delivery in most areas!!!! Sorry to go off topic!!!!

Thanks for the heads up. I have been reading the horror stories of the blow outs with those tires. One would think that for the money forest river would pit a quality tire in its place.
Old 07-29-2017, 06:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwayvan View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I have been reading the horror stories of the blow outs with those tires. One would think that for the money forest river would pit a quality tire in its place.
One would think. I found out that a lot of tire manufacturers have shipped their tire making to China. The Goodyear Endurance are made here in the USA. I think they were like $111 each, so not a bad investment.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:27 AM   #10
Wolfpup owner

Yea I am concerned about the tires too. I plan on doing a month on the road next summer so will probably replace them. I would not go without the WDH
Old 07-29-2017, 07:29 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlparrott1212 View Post
Yea I am concerned about the tires too. I plan on doing a month on the road next summer so will probably replace them. I would not go without the WDH

Anyone using a wdh and a sway hitch together? I don't want to be overkill but the travel home (2 hours) from the dealership is going to tell us a lot lol
Old 07-29-2017, 07:31 AM   #12
Wolfpup owner

That's what mine is actually. Wouldn't go without it
Old 07-29-2017, 07:47 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwayvan View Post
Anyone using a wdh and a sway hitch together? I don't want to be overkill but the travel home (2 hours) from the dealership is going to tell us a lot lol
I do not use the sway control. I have no issues.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:21 PM   #14

We pull our bhs with a Honda Pilot and have a weight distribution only. Our trailer came with Rainier ST radials and they've been terrific. We've had the trailer a year now and have taken many trips. Still love it. If we could only get the backing up part we would be completely happy. Lol
JoJackKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 03:22 PM   #15

Well PDI went well and we are loaded down and heading down the big road home.

Been a great experience so far and the expedition handles it great without the wdh on so an't wait to see how it improves with it on.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:59 PM   #16

Someone mentioned an expedition earlier. I have an f150 and use WD/sway control hitch. The F150 manual says anything over 500lbs tongue weight needs WDH. I would get the units with built in sway control even if under that. The truck has electronic sway control using trailer brakes built in but if that goes off I think it's just too late.

Two most popular i have seen are the equalizer 4 point and Blueox swaypro. There are many other options. Just search forums for WDH and there are many threads or go to etrailer.com and check them out.

I have blueox. If you get it and upgrade trailers later you just change the bars which is nice but I have not done that. I am planning to get another set for a different trailer to make it easier to pull even though it is not required by weight.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 03:35 PM   #17

Love my 16FQ Wolf Pup..made a lot of mods inside to make it me..enjoy your new camper and and and safe travels
cjbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 05:59 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbob View Post
Love my 16FQ Wolf Pup..made a lot of mods inside to make it me..enjoy your new camper and and and safe travels

Thanks, do you mind sharing your mods? Why don't we have our own section on here lol
Old 07-30-2017, 06:03 PM   #19

Be glad to..don't know how to post pictures
cjbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:05 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbob View Post
Be glad to..don't know how to post pictures

I am on the forest river app on my iPhone and it has a picture button but I guess you have to have them on the phone to do that and every time I try to add a pic it says there is a problem. Hummn weird lol

Tags
cherokee, wolf pup