Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2020, 01:27 PM   #1

2019 23DBH - Specific Tips/Advice?

Picking up our new 2019 23DBH on Thursday. Pretty excited. Upgrading from a 24ft w/o slides so this is going to be a super nice upgrade for us... especially now that we have a kiddo to consider.

I did recently "downgrade" my TV. Had an old 2500 diesel that was giving up the ghost. Got a 2018 RAM 1500 4x4 with the 5.7 Hemi and the tow package. I put some LT tires on it and some airbags on the back as well. I'll also be using a WD hitch, so I feel pretty good about it being fine for towing this trailer - but I have to admit that I AM a little nervous.

Anyway, we're not new to towing a trailer but will obviously be new to this model (and the forest river brand in general). Any make/model specific tips/tricks/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
OR_Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 11:48 PM   #2

This is my advice if you are picking up your new TT do not let them rush you through your PDI make the dealer hook up to water and go through the entire TT and look for any leaks test every faucet and look for any drips or leaks. Have them fill your black and grey tank at least a little and have them drain them right in front of you . Make sure your shut off valves for you grey and black tanks shut all the way. Run heat and A/C systems and allow them to cycle. Make sure they give you a new battery and fill your propane tanks. And lastly be sure they set up your hitch and it is set up correctly, your Tow vehicle and TT should sit just about level when all set up and ready to tow. Then when you leave you can be confident your TT is ready to camp. I suggest a dry run at home if at all possible. Camp out in the drive way and just run the unit like you would be camping. This way if there is a problem you are steps away from your home and can do any tweaking needed before your first trip. I do this every camping season and I just purchased a new 2019 274rk Cherokee limited. I am putting mine through some testing this weekend coming right in the drive way. Good luck and happy camping!!!
Old 03-04-2020, 01:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2019 Cherokee View Post
This is my advice if you are picking up your new TT do not let them rush you through your PDI make the dealer hook up to water and go through the entire TT and look for any leaks test every faucet and look for any drips or leaks. Have them fill your black and grey tank at least a little and have them drain them right in front of you . Make sure your shut off valves for you grey and black tanks shut all the way. Run heat and A/C systems and allow them to cycle. Make sure they give you a new battery and fill your propane tanks. And lastly be sure they set up your hitch and it is set up correctly, your Tow vehicle and TT should sit just about level when all set up and ready to tow. Then when you leave you can be confident your TT is ready to camp. I suggest a dry run at home if at all possible. Camp out in the drive way and just run the unit like you would be camping. This way if there is a problem you are steps away from your home and can do any tweaking needed before your first trip. I do this every camping season and I just purchased a new 2019 274rk Cherokee limited. I am putting mine through some testing this weekend coming right in the drive way. Good luck and happy camping!!!

Thanks for the tips!
OR_Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote