Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2020, 03:58 PM   #1

2020 Wolf Pup 16FQ - Dometic 300 toilet issues

Reading some threads about the Dometic 300 design issues, at least now I have an explanation for the phenomenon we have been experiencing. We have a 2020 Wolf Pup 16FQ. After flushing, I would return to find the bowl full of urine along with the odor. I was beating my head against the wall trying to determine how urine could defy the laws of gravity and come up out of the black tank (which was mostly empty) and back into the bowl. We just got home from a weekend trip to find that during the drive, urine had sloshed out of the toilet all over the bathroom necessitating a major cleanup to include removing the panel that covers the plumbing running along the back wall.

I am already scheduled for inspection, bearing re-pack and warranty replacement of one of the speakers for this week. I will be calling the dealer to add a toilet replacement to the list.

Does anyone know if the 310 will fit in a Wolf Pup?
Heatheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:18 AM   #2

got the Dometic 310 installed by the dealer under warranty (+$55 for the upgrade). Taking the camper out this weekend. Here's hoping the odor issue is resolved.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatheroo View Post
Reading some threads about the Dometic 300 design issues, at least now I have an explanation for the phenomenon we have been experiencing. We have a 2020 Wolf Pup 16FQ. After flushing, I would return to find the bowl full of urine along with the odor. I was beating my head against the wall trying to determine how urine could defy the laws of gravity and come up out of the black tank (which was mostly empty) and back into the bowl. We just got home from a weekend trip to find that during the drive, urine had sloshed out of the toilet all over the bathroom necessitating a major cleanup to include removing the panel that covers the plumbing running along the back wall.

I am already scheduled for inspection, bearing re-pack and warranty replacement of one of the speakers for this week. I will be calling the dealer to add a toilet replacement to the list.

Does anyone know if the 310 will fit in a Wolf Pup?
It should. The 310 fit in my 2020 16pf with room to spare.

I had the same issue, just got it swapped out a day ago and already the trailer smells like new again.
CO_Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 04:13 PM   #4

We had the same problem in our 16BHS. Replaced with 310 with zero issues and room to spare! Smell gone, life better, all gravy thus far!
shredjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 05:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredjesse View Post
We had the same problem in our 16BHS. Replaced with 310 with zero issues and room to spare! Smell gone, life better, all gravy thus far!
Yes sir....wife is much happier now and we all know how that goes 😁
Old 09-09-2020, 05:15 PM   #6

My 2021 16FQ has a Thetford Toilet installed. Guess they had many problems with the old model.
CURT 51180 Echo Bluetooth Brake Controller (Love it!)
2004 Ford F-150 STX 4X4 Tow Package, 206K For Pulling TT in the sand
SetauketJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 04:41 PM   #7

Apologies in advance for digging up an older thread, but I am the process of researching this issue and believe that my 2019 Wolf Pup 16BHS that I just purchased in fact has the Dometic 300 model toilet installed. Sounds like the general consensus is to replace that with the 310 model to avoid any future unpleasantness. Is this replacement something that is easy enough to do the myself or will that be a huge undertaking and become a warranty issue where I should take it to a dealer? Looks like the 310 unit sells for about $229 from the Dometic website. Unless there is another option to purchase somewhere else for cheaper? Any additional feedback on this would be greatly appreciated!

Tow Vehicle: 2013 F-150 FX4 5.0L V8 w/ Lift Kit & Towing Package
TT: 2019 Wolf Pup 16BHS
knight1fox3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 04:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight1fox3 View Post
Apologies in advance for digging up an older thread, but I am the process of researching this issue and believe that my 2019 Wolf Pup 16BHS that I just purchased in fact has the Dometic 300 model toilet installed. Sounds like the general consensus is to replace that with the 310 model to avoid any future unpleasantness. Is this replacement something that is easy enough to do the myself or will that be a huge undertaking and become a warranty issue where I should take it to a dealer? Looks like the 310 unit sells for about $229 from the Dometic website. Unless there is another option to purchase somewhere else for cheaper? Any additional feedback on this would be greatly appreciated!
2019? Yep, it likely does. You'll know by the plastic base & plastic bowl, the 310 has a plastic base with porcelain bowl and is much more pleasant to sit on, especially if you're bigger like me (6'1" 310lbs, I used to think I'd break the 300 model ).

You don't really need to involve a dealership, just call Dometic directly. That's what I did and was able to get the new toilet shipped to my door for cheap, since it was a warranty replacement/upgrade.

The actual swap-out is ridiculously easy, it's literally only 2 bolts. Turn off the water, grab a small bucket or bowl to catch the extra, disconnect your water line & let it drip into the bowl/bucket, undo the 2 bolts holding the base on, put new toilet over existing bolts, secure the nuts, replace the water line, fill'er up, and enjoy your new crapper.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_Native View Post
2019? Yep, it likely does. You'll know by the plastic base & plastic bowl, the 310 has a plastic base with porcelain bowl and is much more pleasant to sit on, especially if you're bigger like me (6'1" 310lbs, I used to think I'd break the 300 model ).

You don't really need to involve a dealership, just call Dometic directly. That's what I did and was able to get the new toilet shipped to my door for cheap, since it was a warranty replacement/upgrade.

The actual swap-out is ridiculously easy, it's literally only 2 bolts. Turn off the water, grab a small bucket or bowl to catch the extra, disconnect your water line & let it drip into the bowl/bucket, undo the 2 bolts holding the base on, put new toilet over existing bolts, secure the nuts, replace the water line, fill'er up, and enjoy your new crapper.
The above is correct. May I add to be careful removing the old model 300 as there is a good chance that the base is filled with old urine.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_Native View Post

Great information, thank you! I will definitely try calling Dometic in hopes they will offer a better price for "warranty" purposes. We have not yet used any of the plumbing in the bathroom so hopefully things are still mostly clean. My goal was to have this taken care of before actually attempting to use any of the facilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatheroo View Post
The above is correct. May I add to be careful removing the old model 300 as there is a good chance that the base is filled with old urine.
Thanks for the additional feedback. I'll definitely proceed with caution on this one.

Old 06-14-2021, 04:00 PM   #11

Just a quick update on this. I received the Dometic 310 model toilet over the weekend (which they sent free of charge!). I'll be looking to swap out with my existing 300 model this week or the coming weekend. Am I going to need any new gaskets or sealing compounds of any sort for the install? Admittedly I have not opened the box to see if any supplemental parts were provided with the new toilet and assume it's just the base unit. I'll probably look to install an in-line water shut-off too while I'm working in that area anyway.

Old 06-16-2021, 11:16 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight1fox3 View Post
Just a quick update on this. I received the Dometic 310 model toilet over the weekend (which they sent free of charge!). I'll be looking to swap out with my existing 300 model this week or the coming weekend. Am I going to need any new gaskets or sealing compounds of any sort for the install? Admittedly I have not opened the box to see if any supplemental parts were provided with the new toilet and assume it's just the base unit. I'll probably look to install an in-line water shut-off too while I'm working in that area anyway.
Nope, the new toilet should have come with a new rubber gasket on the bottom, just some basic tools should be all you need.

Tags
dometic, wolf pup