Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2020, 08:51 PM   #21

Welcome to RV service centers....where the best service is when you do it yourself.

Glad you figured it out and thanks for sharing the fix!
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:26 AM   #22

Can I buy any of the RV style 30a replacement plug? Do they all have the same thread pattern as the extension cord that came with it? Any brands I should stay away from. I’m in NY and all non-essential stores are closed so I’m limited to amazon at this point. Thanks again!
Dumouc56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:00 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumouc56 View Post
Can I buy any of the RV style 30a replacement plug? Do they all have the same thread pattern as the extension cord that came with it? Any brands I should stay away from. I’m in NY and all non-essential stores are closed so I’m limited to amazon at this point. Thanks again!

Amazon is your friend. I would find one made of metal instead of plastic (electric supply house) but this will work.

https://www.amazon.com/X-Haibei-Fema...040319&sr=8-10
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:06 AM   #24

I must correct my post #19. That is a picture of a standard twist lock outlet posted by the OP. I was referring to a new version that is being installed by some manufacturers that have straight blades and are not the locking type. They do have a Threaded locking ring but the locking (turn to the right) style blades is the best. Sorry for the confusion.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:20 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Amazon is your friend. I would find one made of metal instead of plastic (electric supply house) but this will work.

https://www.amazon.com/X-Haibei-Fema...040319&sr=8-10

Thank you. I ended up purchasing this one from amazon. Surprisingly there aren’t many black ones unless you want to spend well over $50 for one. It should arrive by friday. Wish me luck.

Epicord RV Power Inlet 125V 30 AMP Power Plug Twist Lock Inlet with 3 Stainless Steel Pins and Screws (30A Inlet-Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RKPZF23..._z56EEb4JASCS6
Old 03-25-2020, 02:39 PM   #26

Butyl tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumouc56 View Post
Thank you. I ended up purchasing this one from amazon. Surprisingly there aren’t many black ones unless you want to spend well over $50 for one. It should arrive by friday. Wish me luck.

Epicord RV Power Inlet 125V 30 AMP Power Plug Twist Lock Inlet with 3 Stainless Steel Pins and Screws (30A Inlet-Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RKPZF23..._z56EEb4JASCS6
Don't forget to buy butyl tape. It's cheaper to buy this kit for $4.45 and discard the screws than to buy a 15-30 foot roll for $15-30.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:49 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Don't forget to buy butyl tape. It's cheaper to buy this kit for $4.45 and discard the screws than to buy a 15-30 foot roll for $15-30.

Thanks! I saw that roll and it said it was white. Ended up buying a roll of it. Have a ton leftover! Haha. At least I got it fixed. Word of advice. What an ordeal. I’m really disappointed in the dealership for not finding this and telling me the breakers were off. Thanks again for all the help!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3551.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	319.4 KB
ID:	225783

Tags
battery