Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2021, 06:05 PM   #1

2021 26DBH Door Latch

I recently purchased a Grey Wolf 26DBH and have been having issues with the front door closing all the way at times, most of the time it works, however, I have to separately close the screen door and then the main door to get it to properly close every now and then.

I then noticed that my bathroom external door does not lock at all and when looking closer I see that the bolt lock does not line up even somewhat closely with the hole.

I also noticed both latches on the primary and bathroom door were installed differently. What is the proper way they should be facing so that I can re-install them correctly.

I've added pictures for reference. The first picture is the main entrance, the second is the bathroom.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210713_175105.jpg
Views:	1076
Size:	262.7 KB
ID:	259001   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210713_175122.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	259002  
BCMorton23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 07:58 AM   #2

welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. The bottom pic seems to indicate that the latch is hitting the striker plate incorrectly I would rotate the striker plate 180* and see if that works. For the main door I would look at where the screen door is attaching to the main door for proper alignment. good luck
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 06:54 PM   #3

We also had front door problems on our Grey Wolf 26DBH. During our first trip it got worse and worse and was so bad we sometimes could not open it at all and ended up using the bathroom entrance. When we got back the dealer had to replace the entire door. Thank goodness for the warranty. It was in the shop for months and when we finally got it back, I noticed they had replaced the door with a Wolf Pup door instead of Grey Wolf Logo. They are the same size. I was kind of mad about it but at least the door works perfectly now.
Make Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 05:45 AM   #4
WolfPup16FQCT

Same here: I couldn't lock the main RV door! Deadbolt not lined up properly. Paid twice to have it fixed (1st traveling RV repair guy didn't really fix it).
Old 05-24-2022, 03:37 PM   #5

Same trailer

Same problems.

Build quality. It's like FR puts the new guy on doors as his first position in the company.

I have had both doors replaced. The front one twice. All under warranty.

I have had the same issues every time, and finally a guy at the dealership "fixed" it as good as it likely will ever get fixed.

Good luck on having useable screen doors.
lizARdman15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 12:11 PM   #6

I’m also starting to have issues with my doors on my 26dbh.
Main entrance door would not open till if it was slightly warm outside. Had to have the AC running all the time even when not being used.
Then it got worse. Was out this past weekend and kids could not get the door open from the inside. I had to pull on it with all my might to get it open.
I had to take the strike plate right off to be able to use the door normally. And it’s still not 100%.
Checked the level of the trailer and it was perfect.
Not sure what’s the issue with these doors. But the is no way of even taking them off. They are riveted into the frame.
Bricklayer123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2021, 26dbh, door