Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2021, 01:24 PM   #1

2021 Alpha Wolf 26rl-l rear exterior dome light

Our 26rl-l has a clear LED done light on the rear of the trailer near the top and offset to the passenger side. Does anybody have any idea what this is for and how you turn it on?

There is a switch on the bottom of the light but it does nothing even when all other exterior lights are on or off and there is no other switch on the panel.
Jeffandbarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 02:02 PM   #2

2021 Alpha Wolf 26rl-l rear exterior dome light

I have the same coach but mine doesn't even have a light back there. Maybe upload a photo and someone can weigh in.
Alpha 108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 12:16 PM   #3

Forgot to add a picture

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210830_121355.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	302.0 KB
ID:	261950  
Old 08-30-2021, 07:25 PM   #4

I have one like that on the driver side of the trailer. It’s right where the water/TV hook up station is so that you can see what you’re doing if you have to set up at night. It’s on the 12 volt system so it’s always available. Not sure what that one is for.
Old 08-30-2021, 07:48 PM   #5

I have that one too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha 108 View Post
I have one like that on the driver side of the trailer. It’s right where the water/TV hook up station is so that you can see what you’re doing if you have to set up at night. It’s on the 12 volt system so it’s always available. Not sure what that one is for.
I have that light also by all of the hookups and it turns on and off with the switch that is located on the light itself. The one on the back of my trailer is the exact same light however the switch does nothing and even if it did you would need a ladder to turn it on and off each time.
Old 08-30-2021, 08:06 PM   #6

I was thinking the same thing about needing a ladder. But it sounds like either the bulb is burned out or it’s wired wrong. But yeah, if you need to use a ladder then it’s basically a useless light. Maybe check with your dealer. Or you write to Forest River and ask them.

Can’t really see why the even put it there in the first place. I wonder why they’d think you would need to light up the area back there anyway??
Old 08-31-2021, 02:10 PM   #7

Does it turn on when tv is in reverse? Just guessing.
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 04:50 PM   #8

Hmmm...

I never thought of that, I will have to check next time I have it hooked up. Maybe a reverse light they added with the backup camera. I was really hoping I was just missing a switch because I added a grill mount off of the bumper and that light would be helpful.
Old 09-01-2021, 09:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcamper47 View Post
Does it turn on when tv is in reverse? Just guessing.
That was my thought. A backup light would be nice, but this fixture is only bright enough to aid the person spotting the driver. I don't know what you'd need in order for a light to be bright enough to help a lone driver back in a spot at night. Maybe a light bar??

Our light is where the power hookup is and comes on with CONV light switch inside the camper. Has come in handy the last few trips when we just aren't able to leave early enough to get in before dark.
jesus_man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2021, alpha wolf, exterior, light