Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2018, 08:03 PM   #21

So I found the water heater and have installed the winterizing kit at the water pump. Turned the pump on, and was able to get antifreeze to come out of the bathroom sink and toilet. Went to the kitchen and there was a lot of sputtering, but not much antifreeze coming out. Went back and crawled under the bed and the pump was no longer drawing antifreeze out of the jug

I may not have my water heater bypass valves set correctly? I've searched online and can't find any info on this particular bypass setup. How should the valves be positioned for winterizing?

Closeup of the bottom valve, which I'm pretty sure is correct?

Thanks in advance for any assistance, I'm frustrated enough that I almost want to just quit trying..

Vel
velvethippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 11:07 PM   #22

At first glance it look correct but that is a totally different plumbing setup than mine.

Pull the Anode Rod and see of anything pumped into the tank.

It doesn't take much to lose the suction from the jug. The slightest break and you have to start over.
DonD is offline   Reply With Quote