Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2015, 11:33 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsam View Post
Man I love this forum. Great information and posts. I actually am paying for the hitch myself it's equalizer 4 point. The dealer is a regional wholesaler and the only fee I have is a 56 document fee and taxes with free pdi. I wasn't fuly aware of the down the road issues but will research heavily before the final dotted line is signed in about ten days. Thanks
Sounds like you are on the right track.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:00 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelframer View Post
We absolutely love our Cherokee 274dbh! We have spent many days camping and have towed it over 2000 miles on it last season. It tows very nice and the teconsha p3 brake controller we have is the best IMO. We use a standard equalizer WDH with 2 anti sway bars and it works great for me....
So welcome to the forum, and if you have any Qs about your 274 shoot me a pm, I know this TT like the back of my hand.
FYI. We bought the progressive industries EMS HW 30c and has saved our TT several times from electrical problems.

TT-2015 Cherokee 274dbh TV-2010 Jeep Commander Limited
I read a thread last night you had posted in regards to the winterization and bookmarked it on my phone. The folks on here are super knowledgeable
ctsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:53 AM   #23

ctsam,
I know you already have this covered but wanted to share my setup. My wife and I just purchased a 2015 274DBH limited and we pull it with a 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 quad cab. I have the Anderson hitch and this setup works very well with this travel trailer, I also use a Tekonsha P3 controller which is worth its weight in gold I might add. Camper sets extremely level on the hitch and no issues with sway etc. The 1500 series pickup is plenty for this trailer.

Aaron015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 02:48 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron015 View Post
ctsam,
I know you already have this covered but wanted to share my setup. My wife and I just purchased a 2015 274DBH limited and we pull it with a 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 quad cab. I have the Anderson hitch and this setup works very well with this travel trailer, I also use a Tekonsha P3 controller which is worth its weight in gold I might add. Camper sets extremely level on the hitch and no issues with sway etc. The 1500 series pickup is plenty for this trailer.

That's awesome thanks for the information on your setup. What motor does the ram have?
Old 03-11-2015, 04:07 AM   #25

It's the 5.7 hemi, pulls trailer very nicely. We don't live in the mountains lol but does fine with the hills around home. I was a bit skeptical at first but glad I went ahead with this trailer. I've read some mixed reviews about wd using the Anderson hitch but I can't complain. 900+ tongue weight but I can't tell it. We were pulling a roo 233s with no wd and honestly the 274 feels better behind the truck. No bounce no sway.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:28 AM   #26

I have to chime in again, forest river got it right with this TT. I don't know if its the wider wheel spacing between the axels, the position of the axels on the frame, or all put together...but this is a very nice Pulling trailer. I get very little sway with our basic WDH, very minimal porpoise ing over bumps. Just a very smooth ride overall.

TT-2015 Cherokee 274dbh TV-2010 Jeep Commander Limited
Steelframer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:32 PM   #27

I agree with that 100%. On our way back from the dealer told my wife I was a little nervous but it didn't take me long to realize how well mannered towing the 274 was.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:23 PM   #28

Well we made it the 170 mile journey home without incident. It towed like a dream. Thanks everyone for the input on everything. The equalizer hitch worked as advertised, the camper followed straight as an arrow. Couldn't be happier at this point.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:44 PM   #29

Good deal, glad you had a safe trip!

Tags
500, cherokee