Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2021, 11:18 AM   #1

Adding a black water flush??

I see some of the fancier campers have a black water flush connection. Our camper blank tank sensor has only read correctly twice in it's life. Once when new and once after I borrowed some whirly spray nozzle from a neighbor. Worked great, but I don't like the idea of dragging a hose into my camper.

Got me to thinking, why couldn't a person add some sort of permanent whirly sprayer at the top of the tank and supply it with water somewhere on the outside of the trailer?

Has this been done? I did some research, but came up mostly empty.
jesus_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 11:45 AM   #2

I seen this, not sure how easy it would be for you to install on yours.

And Amazon sells a black tank flush kit.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-40126-T...3365867&sr=8-3
Backcountryboondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 01:38 PM   #3

Once I got my nomenclature correct, I was able to find some information.

Found this to be the most informative so far:
https://youtu.be/dfTd0Slt_cU
Old 10-04-2021, 02:27 PM   #4
Retired Army MSG!

You can also get a clear elbow to connect to your sewer outlet that has a flush connection on it. They work pretty well and would save you from having to install anything to your existing tank.
lazyjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 02:46 PM   #5

I do have that, but I don't have the valve at the bottom and with the 45* fittings leading to the tank, I can't spray into it.

Based on what I have seen, the ones that install into the tank work the best.
Old 10-04-2021, 03:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyjj View Post
You can also get a clear elbow to connect to your sewer outlet that has a flush connection on it. They work pretty well and would save you from having to install anything to your existing tank.
From the video Jesus_man posted it looks like the external sewer pipe flushing system doesn’t do a good job, and sometimes it doesn’t work at all. After watching the video I don’t think I’d spend the money to get one, especially if I was able to install an internal probe system.
Old 10-04-2021, 03:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus_man View Post
Once when new and once after I borrowed some whirly spray nozzle from a neighbor. Worked great, but I don't like the idea of dragging a hose into my camper.
Do the spray nozzle kind come with an adapter that you could put onto your bathroom sink faucet and use your water from there? Would save you from having to drag a hose through the camper.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backcountryboondocker View Post
Do the spray nozzle kind come with an adapter that you could put onto your bathroom sink faucet and use your water from there? Would save you from having to drag a hose through the camper.
That's an idea, but in my case, with the slide closed I can't get to the bathroom and I prefer not to operate the slide when the TT isn't level.

I did waste money on the "flush king" connection - other than it being a clear part of the pipe where I can see when it's done draining. I realized that after about the first few uses. That's a rookie mistake made by a rookie. Again, tho, I do like seeing when the draining is done via the clear section. There are probably cheaper ways than the flushing connector that I have although it did flush the drain hose. So maybe it was only a 40% mistake.
Old 10-05-2021, 12:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus_man View Post
I see some of the fancier campers have a black water flush connection. Our camper blank tank sensor has only read correctly twice in it's life. Once when new and once after I borrowed some whirly spray nozzle from a neighbor. Worked great, but I don't like the idea of dragging a hose into my camper.

Got me to thinking, why couldn't a person add some sort of permanent whirly sprayer at the top of the tank and supply it with water somewhere on the outside of the trailer?

Has this been done? I did some research, but came up mostly empty.

For about $30 and a half hour's time, you can do as I did by installing the Camco "Tornado" tank flush. I liked it so much, I installed a second one on my Grey tank. I routed the hoses to the dump valve area and mounted them to the bottom of the RV. I connected both hoses to a "Y" hose valve and can wash both tanks while dumping. No sensor issues for me and no tank treatments needed.

Watch some of the Utube videos of the testing on various tank cleaners before you buy anything else. The tornado performed the best for the testing. ................ Swampy

2014 287 BHBE; 1981 JayRaven: Predator 3500i - Call Home Pearl River, Louisiana. on The Honey Island Swamp
https://www.forestriverforums.com/at...pic81807_1.gif
Swampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 03:09 PM   #10

I have built in factory black tank flush and my level sensors never read right so you may go through all the effort just to have the sensor still not read correctly.
Danesville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 04:07 PM   #11

Got the sensors to read correctly again, but doing the same procedure as before; fill black water to full via a hose down the toilet. Let that soak from Sunday evening to this am, then dump it.

I believe that the Tornado placed in the right position could help, but without being able to see the spray pattern, it is a bit of a shot in the dark. And it will depend on pressures of supply.

Really it's an easy install and not real expensive in parts, so it may be worth a shot.

Tags
black, black water, flush, water