Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2015, 03:36 PM   #1

Adding bunk tv's

Anyone ventured into adding a television or televisions at the rear bunks? We have a new 274dbh and my wife wants to consider adding tv's to the bunks for the kids. Pretty sure mounting wouldn't be the problem it's getting a source to them that would be the challenge.
Aaron015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:40 PM   #2

Is the one above the mantel not enough? I hooked up a 37" LED last night in our new 26dbh and my daughter commented that she has a television in her bedroom finally. She doesn't have one in her sticks and bricks bedroom. Seems like a lot of work to add another one just 10 feet away?

2014 Ford F150 FX4 EB
2015 Grey Wolf 26DBH
1994 Palomino TXL
driftinby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:18 PM   #3

Craigslist Android tablet and a bunch of movies loaded on it. That's what my kids use. Either that or their phones with loaded movies and shows....

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftinby View Post
Is the one above the mantel not enough? I hooked up a 37" LED last night in our new 26dbh and my daughter commented that she has a television in her bedroom finally. She doesn't have one in her sticks and bricks bedroom. Seems like a lot of work to add another one just 10 feet away?
Not a concern if it's enough, yes I have a 32" led in the entertainment center was just curious if anyone has went a step further and installed at the bunks. My parents travel with us too so it seemed like a win win except it would definitely be some work.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:18 PM   #5

I find that my kids are perfectly content with the 32" on the mantel (274 dbh). They lay in the bunks and can see it just fine. With the ceiling speakers it doesn't have to be cranked up to be heard, and I don't have to try to run co-ax through the camper

cdangel0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdangel0 View Post
I find that my kids are perfectly content with the 32" on the mantel (274 dbh). They lay in the bunks and can see it just fine. With the ceiling speakers it doesn't have to be cranked up to be heard, and I don't have to try to run co-ax through the camper
Yeah the idea of running coax is not fun. I have seem some repeaters that would work by wireless. That would probably be the only way I'd go with it
Old 04-08-2015, 02:33 PM   #7

Actually - as I re-read this one option would be to run the co-ax from the post through the rear storage compartment and up the wall behind the bunks. I'd imagine that you could do it with a couple of splitters and a small hole in the corner of the bunks and not even fish the wall. I don't think the coax would be THAT noticeable in a corner and I'm sure the kids wouldn't complain.

cdangel0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdangel0 View Post
Actually - as I re-read this one option would be to run the co-ax from the post through the rear storage compartment and up the wall behind the bunks. I'd imagine that you could do it with a couple of splitters and a small hole in the corner of the bunks and not even fish the wall. I don't think the coax would be THAT noticeable in a corner and I'm sure the kids wouldn't complain.
Very true that might not be so bad after all. I have a couple extra lcd's laying around so I may plan to go on and do it one of these days. Thanks again for your input.