Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2018, 06:14 AM   #1

Alpha Wolf Thoughts

I was hoping to get owners thoughts and reviews on the new 2019 Alpha Wolf 26BDH-L. My wife and I are looking to purchase this model next week. She fell in love with the layout and interior and I like the fact it comes with the extreme weather package for November hunting trips. It seems to have almost everything we want except an actual outdoor kitchen. I just wish it didn't have the "Exterior Camp Kitchen". I mean the extra fridge is nice, but you lose all that under sink storage. I would rather have the storage space.

I have tried to find customer reviews, but I am finding mostly dealership reviews. I realize it's a newer model but hopefully there are folks in the forum that own this model.

If you own this model, please let us know how you feel about it.

Thanks
Cdj1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:20 PM   #2

Hey We just picked ours up last Thursday, went away for the long weekend with it, we absolutely love it! We are glad we purchased this unit, amazing insulation as well. We had the AC cranked all weekend as it was very hot. looking forward to using it for late fall and winter camping. I don't think you will be disappointed.
AplhaWolfHup55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:32 PM   #3

Thanks

Thanks for the response. We're picking ours up on the 15th. We're excited it'll be our first camper.

We spent about six hours on the road heading up to the Michigan Upper Peninsula and didn't spot a single Alpha Wolf on the road. It kinda had us worried but the model is rather new.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:01 PM   #4

I have the Cherokee 274DBH, so similar rig with the same floor-plan.

I would be completely in agreement with you about the loss of under counter space because of the outside fridge, until this weekend. I put a case of bottled waters in the fridge and it was the most used item of the hot weekend. Kept kids from running in and out. The outside stove isn't worth the money. You will be better buying off a portable propane burner and small grill (trust me, I'm a chef).

don
DonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:58 AM   #5

I also wonder if the insulation on the camp kitchen access panel is going to be thick enough to protect the kitchen sink plumbing from freezing up. I might think about adding a sheet of insulation board between the refrigerator and plumbing.