Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2020, 03:31 PM   #1

Any 3660 owners?

Picking mine up in a week, and eager to get to know it better. How do you like it and anything that I should get for it for set up at the campsite? I am going from a conventional pull non slide, to this one with auto leveling. What I don't know yet is how many jacks does it have, do I need pads for it, length of sewer hose, etc. I have a 15' Rhino at the moment with a King Flush, have plastic leveling blocks, 2 x 8 treated planks for leveling tires, etc.

What are you doing with the outdoor kitchen? Ours has everything except the grill mount, TV and travel rack. It even has the rear ladder. They are installing a Sidewinder pin box on it for us too so it can be towed with our short bed. Will give 11" of clearance to the cab.
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:27 AM   #2

We pick our new 2021 3660 this Friday. I am curious on some of the same things you asked. Our previous unit was a bumper pull, so the fifth wheel will be a learning curve. Although I used to drive semi years and years ago, maybe it will be like riding a bike.

On your question on the jacks, it is a 4 point electric auto leveling system. I am curious how it works, I have only seen the hydraulic auto leveling systems in action.

On the outdoor kitchen, I do like the double fridge/freezer but it doesn't leave much counter space room. Our last unit had the outside sink, which I think I am going to miss.

I did see in a previous post someone asked about the mid bunk AC duct and how it did not keep up cooling the space. I am interested in seeing if anyone has an solutions to try.

After I typed this reply, I just realized your post was from July 4th. If you now have the unit, how do you like it? Any tips so far you can give us new owners of this model?
dankapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:07 AM   #3

Yep, picked it up last Friday, haven't driven a Semi since 1990, but it comes back quickly. You didn't happen to buy the 2021 in Rockford? That mid bunk question was mine, still trying to figure out the best way. Dumb design, so not sure why they didn't put a ceiling vent in.

The auto level system works pretty good, but had to be zero'd in as it was 1 degree off and the bedroom door wouldn't stay open. Will see how well the transport mode goes, supposed to put the trailer back to the position it was in when unhitched before it was leveled. It may not due to me resetting the level on it.

The outdoor kitchen is more a storage area than a "kitchen" since it doesn't have a grill or cooktop, but knowing how much grease can splatter from a grill, and a possible flare up that close to the trailer, I will stick to using a table for my grills, and the drawers are good for holding utensils and such. Haven't decided if I want to keep that bowl or take it out, wont know until I use it a couple times and see if it is of any use. Where I have it parked at home the drawers are almost chest high since the drive is raised above the rest of the area so it is level. Need a step stool to get into the refrigerator! LOL

Aside from the bunkroom issue, and a couple cables that need to be replaced, they are on order, the trailer is solid. I got one side waxed yesterday, thats a job that will take several days. I have slide toppers on order for all 4 slides too. Anyone who thinks that they are all set when they buy a trailer will be in for a rude awakening, we spent another $2200 on the trailer once we got it home for little things, and this is our Second trailer! Of course $1400 of that were the slide toppers, and $130 for a new ladder, but I needed one anyway.

Now to see if we can afford a camp site! I wanted to take it to the State park nearby, but its 3' too long. Looking around for other sites nearby for it's inaugural trip.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:29 AM   #4

Thanks for the reply.

We actually used that unit in Rockford as leverage from a pricing stand point on the local dealer we bought from, Great Escapes RV in Eureka, MO. Rockford is a 5 hour drive from us, so buying it local was worth the little extra price that the dealer charged.

I am curious as to what it takes to install the toppers, I like to do things myself rather than paying a dealer to install. I like the idea, but not sure if they add more maintenance in keeping the conditioned and clean?

The extra length of this unit, our old one was a 34' bumper pull, is going to make certain local campgrounds harder to maneuver.
dankapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 10:17 AM   #5

Soon after we bought the 2020, the 2021 was sold.

The one we have has the prep kit installed, only thing to attach to the trailer will be the track above the slide to secure it to the trailer. The mounts slide right in and are secured with set screws. Hardest part will be sliding the vinyl into the track, especially the long ones. Camping World has a sale on them now, 1/2 the price of Etrailer.

Cleaning the slides will be a pain every time they are closed, since you have to climb up on the roof to do it. Didn't even think of it when we were looking but leaves and sticks can get up there and damage the seals or worse allow water to seep in and cause water damage. When I went on the roof after getting it home I found a twig was stuck in the seal on one slide and the seal was folded under. Thankfully I looked because the next day it rained and water would have got in for sure. The toppers will prevent leaves and sticks as well as bird droppings from getting on the roof.