Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2022, 09:03 PM   #1

Arctic Wolf 287bh outdoor kitchen

Dont get me wrong I love having an outdoor kitchen, but I hate the way this one is set up. To me it is difficult to use the stove. Has anyone had this issue? I am thinking of trying to modify it, but not sure where to start. Has anyone modified theirs? If so what did you do?
kevinB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 08:15 AM   #2

OK take a sheet of paper and divide it vertically into three sections down the first section list all things that are wrong with the current setup. On the second section list what would make each entry in the first better. In the third list what actually needs to happens to make section a reality. this would be your road map to follow. JMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 12:10 PM   #3

Kevin,
I have the 287BH and I agree that the outdoor kitchen burners are hard to use. I am in the process of removing the burners and inserting a cutting board/shelf. I have found that I am using electrical devices more often since we are not off the grid often. I removed my ice maker since it can not be drained useless I unscrew the ice maker every time. I moved the ice maker to the kitchen corner behind the sink. I have a basket that holds paper plates, cups, silverware next to the outdoor fridge now.
I will try to get pictures when complete.
Jeffrey.Blain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 03:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey.Blain View Post
Kevin,
I have the 287BH and I agree that the outdoor kitchen burners are hard to use. I am in the process of removing the burners and inserting a cutting board/shelf. I have found that I am using electrical devices more often since we are not off the grid often. I removed my ice maker since it can not be drained useless I unscrew the ice maker every time. I moved the ice maker to the kitchen corner behind the sink. I have a basket that holds paper plates, cups, silverware next to the outdoor fridge now.
I will try to get pictures when complete.
That is awesome. Definitely send pic when complete. I like the idea of moving the ice maker inside
Old 09-19-2022, 03:16 PM   #5

I got rid of the icemaker as well. Other than that, not sure what the issues are that you guys are having, or ideas on how to improve them for you? Never had any problems with functionality of the burners or anything. Wish there was a sink instead of the small wash tub though. Everything is accessible, and usable (went to an RV show recently and many of the outdoor kitchens had the stove top (or griddle, depending on model) at face level (I'm 5'10" and I would be a little gun shy to cook burgers with hot splashing grease..., not sure who the heck they design these for, but the wife is only 5' so she certainly isnt using it).

Not sure how everyone elses was set up, our fridge was on the right (as you look at the outdoor kitchen), and the icemaker on the left. I moved the fridge to the left, and store all of my blackstone accessories in a tool bag (like a soft tool box) that fits just right next to the fridge. My wash basin is on the left (in front of the fridge) and the burners are on the right (away from the front of the fridge) allowing me to open the fridge while using the stove.

I purchased a splitter for the propane, one goes to my blackstone and one goes to the stove burners (admittedly I only use the burners a few times a year) because the majority of the cooking is done with the blackstone

Old 09-19-2022, 03:26 PM   #6

The only reason for removing the burners is that we never really use them and your right about the problem with the height of the burners. We use an electric skillet or BBQ more often and like you would have enjoyed a sink as well. I also have a longer propane line that will hook up to the black stone or BBQ. We use a folding metal/plastic table to hold everything outside.
Jeffrey.Blain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 04:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperfi24 View Post
I got rid of the icemaker as well. Other than that, not sure what the issues are that you guys are having, or ideas on how to improve them for you? Never had any problems with functionality of the burners or anything. Wish there was a sink instead of the small wash tub though. Everything is accessible, and usable (went to an RV show recently and many of the outdoor kitchens had the stove top (or griddle, depending on model) at face level (I'm 5'10" and I would be a little gun shy to cook burgers with hot splashing grease..., not sure who the heck they design these for, but the wife is only 5' so she certainly isnt using it).

Not sure how everyone elses was set up, our fridge was on the right (as you look at the outdoor kitchen), and the icemaker on the left. I moved the fridge to the left, and store all of my blackstone accessories in a tool bag (like a soft tool box) that fits just right next to the fridge. My wash basin is on the left (in front of the fridge) and the burners are on the right (away from the front of the fridge) allowing me to open the fridge while using the stove.

I purchased a splitter for the propane, one goes to my blackstone and one goes to the stove burners (admittedly I only use the burners a few times a year) because the majority of the cooking is done with the blackstone
I just don't like the orientation of the outdoor stove.(would like to turn it 90 degrees) It seems that pans slide easily on it and you cannot use very wide pans at the same time on it. It is also right in front of the outdoor fridge. I did go the splitter route for the grill also.

Tags
door, outdoor kitchen