Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2021, 12:47 PM   #1

AW 26DBH-L Master Bedroom Mirrors

One of the (relatively) minor complaints DW has about our 2020 Alpha Wolf is that the mirrors inserted in the cabinet doors on either side of the bed only reflect on the one side. She would like to have a mirror on the inside so she can open the cabinet door and sit on the bed to do her makeup.

I've looked on the back of the cabinet doors but can't find a Forest River part number for the mirrors (10.5" x 31.5") and I'm not having much luck on Amazon.

I thought about just buying a small mirror and attaching to the back of the cabinet door but would be curious if there is an option of finding the OEM mirror from Forest River without reaching out to my local dealer. The dealer has had an awning on order (that they damaged) for almost a year and after that episode is over, I'm done with them.

Any good options for ordering original replacement parts?
Old 03-17-2021, 08:51 PM   #2

You could probably save a ton of money by just buying a piece of two way mirror glass, having it cut to size at a stained glass shop and silicone caulking it in yourself. I broke a mirror in one of my wife’s wall decorations and one of the National glass companies wanted $78 to replace the mirror because it had a curved top. That was $9 less then the price to purchase a replacement set of the wall decorations. I went to a Big Box store and they had a piece of leftover cutting that was the sized I needed and only charged me $9. I then found a stained glass shop who cut it for me for $5.
Cdj8465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 12:11 AM   #3

I don't know if you can get the exact mirrors because they don't appear to be a standard size. I guess you could try a different dealer, but my guess would be that they are not going to be cheap.

Are those mirrors mounted on wood? If so, I'd just go to a glass shop and have them cut a mirror to the size she wants and then mount them on the wood.
Now if you're going to glue any mirror to the wood, you're going to need a special glue made for mounting mirrors without destroying the finish.
Your other option might be to hang a mirror on the wall next to the bed.
Old 03-18-2021, 05:04 AM   #4

Also check all your cabinet doors with glass or mirrors. On my 2019 Alpha Wolf it seemed that either the installer was lazy or FR was trying to save 50 cents on the build cost. All my cabinet door glass and mirrors were only spot caulked around the frame. I could literally wiggle all of them with one finger. So I caulked completely around every cabinet door in the entire trailer to secure them in place.
Old 03-18-2021, 07:08 AM   #5

Funny you say that. I went to measure yesterday and one of the mirrors is starting to fall out of the door because of cheap adhesive. Glad I checked and gives me another dewinterization item on the list to secure all of the mirrors before transit.

Coincidentally, the dealer called yesterday to let me know that my awning parts finally arrived so I had them price a mirror. $10 each. I ordered one from them since I won't get it cheaper anywhere else but if the 8 month lead time on the awning is any indication, it'll be 2022 before it shows.
Old 03-18-2021, 07:30 AM   #6

Here are some of the other thing myself and others have found and done.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ns-222109.html

I have a long list in post #6
Old 03-18-2021, 07:32 AM   #7

Never mind you on that post also. Duh I should have checked

Tags
26dbh, bed, bedroom, roo