Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2021, 02:16 PM   #1

Backup Camera

We have a backup camera on our new trailer with no idea how to use it! Dealer first said we would get a monitor but then said it’s an app but they don’t know which one and just left it at that. Anyone out there know? It’s a Cherokee alpha wolf.
MeyerRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 03:49 PM   #2

You need to download the LCI OneControlApp and then scan the barcode sticker on your main control panel then you can sign in and connect it with your phone.
Remember you must have your tail lights on to give the camera power or you won’t be able to connect.
Good luck
Having lots of Fun traveling with my wife
old40ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 03:51 PM   #3

You need to download the LCI OneControlApp and then scan the barcode sticker on your main control panel then you can sign in and connect it with your phone.
Remember you must have your tail lights on to give the camera power or you won’t be able to connect.
Good luck
Having lots of Fun traveling with my wife
old40ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 08:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeyerRanch View Post
We have a backup camera on our new trailer with no idea how to use it! Dealer first said we would get a monitor but then said it’s an app but they don’t know which one and just left it at that. Anyone out there know? It’s a Cherokee alpha wolf.
Ever get your camera operative. Like you, we received no information on the camera. The tow vehicle was not connected on the walk through so we couldn't get a demo. Had to figure it our for ourselves. We were in the storage lot when I set it up and because I wanted to use a tablet, I had to first set up a wifi hotspot. If you are using your phone, that should not be an issue. I still don't know why it needs internet for the initial setup. Taking the pic of the QR code did not work for me. I had to type everything in. It took quite a few attempts to get it to connect but now it seems to work fine. Still a little slow to connect but I like having it on a tablet that can sit near on the consul in the tow vehicle. I love having it on while towing so I can see clearly behind the camper. The feed is pretty smooth.
Andersen WD Hitch
catvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 07:10 AM   #5
Miles to go

And then good luck after that. Hope your image doesn't turn pink like everyone else's and fuzzy. Software works and then it doesn't work. Call lippert and they will say they're working on it....
Gargie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 12:44 PM   #6

Contact Forest River Customer Service. They need to realize that this camera is junk and should not be shipped to dealers with the Lippert Camera. They need to replace all the camera's that are on under warranty Travel Trailers. It is definitely a safety issue with a nonworking camera.
Topdog885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 01:13 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdog885 View Post
Contact Forest River Customer Service. They need to realize that this camera is junk and should not be shipped to dealers with the Lippert Camera. They need to replace all the camera's that are on under warranty Travel Trailers. It is definitely a safety issue with a nonworking camera.
I don't think you can call it a safety issue. Trailers have been towed for many decades without a rear observation camera and still are. Semis tow large trailers without the benefit of a rear camera.
Rear observation cameras on trailers have only been around for the past 5 or 6 years.
But they should work if they are factory installed.
I towed my 2016 TT for 4 years without a camera until I installed one. It had no camera prep so it was a much more difficult install.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 01:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
I don't think you can call it a safety issue. Trailers have been towed for many decades without a rear observation camera and still are. Semis tow large trailers without the benefit of a rear camera.
Rear observation cameras on trailers have only been around for the past 5 or 6 years.
But they should work if they are factory installed.
I towed my 2016 TT for 4 years without a camera until I installed one. It had no camera prep so it was a much more difficult install.
Tell that to Ford who is being investigated over their back up camera...

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/08/07/...l-nhtsa-probe/
asr524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 01:48 PM   #9

Agree 100%. Since Forest River supplied the camera on the Travel Trailer they put it there for a purpose. If you are involved in an accident, I am sure the investigator will want to know if the backup camera was functioning.
Old 08-24-2021, 11:43 AM   #10

I have contacted Lippert several times and the only thing I get from them is the camera has a software issue and they are working on a fix. This is the same answer I get every time I ask for an update. My dealer has attempted to assist but he gets the same double talk from Forest River. Why wasn't these cameras checked before the Travel Trailer was shipped to the dealer. It has been 2 months since I purchased the RV and without any fix for the camera. The original was replaced a with another and the same defects are present. I am about ready initiate a BBB complaint against Forest River.

Tags
camera