Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2016, 02:44 PM   #1

Can't get my tv to play dvd and sound?

I have a 2015 wolf pup 16BHS with a furrion dv3100. I can play a did and get sound through the speakers, but can't seem to get it to go to my tv? I've tried all the sources and can't seem to get it to work. Do I have to use the red/white/yellow or is it supposed to work?!
Ledzeppelin72885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 03:14 PM   #2

Check your tv audio settings the tv speakers might be off since you're getting sound to external speakers.

2016 wildcat maxx 32bhxs
2013 Silverado 2500 HD
Tony J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 03:58 PM   #3
Site Team

You need to check the connections on the back of the tv and DVD player. Mine had video out from the DVD player to the tv, but no audio out to the audio in on the tv. If you want audio out of the tv, you need to connect the audio out of the DVD player ( if no outputs, you can use the headphone jack) to the audio in ( probably RCA connectors) on the TV.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:09 AM   #4

I realize this is an old thread, but... Question about the Furrion DVD compatibility: is the player supposed to push the video signal through the coax outlets in the RV or do you have to use a USB cord? If it is sent through the coax, how do you get the tv to recognize it? Is it like an old VCR where you need to have the tv on a certain channel? I consider myself tech savvy, and the user's manual is absolutely no help on this...
jblake4124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:39 AM   #5

Can't get my tv to play dvd and sound?

We use the RCA wires(red white and yellow). Picture and sound to the TV.
Mob5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:51 AM   #6

Yeah. We had to open the side up to access them, but the only place to put the tv for everyone to see it is across the way by the sink, so we have to run wires across the camper. and what about the outside tv? I already have a small did player that I'm thinking about using, I just didn't want to waste the outlet.

2015 Cherokee wolf pup 16BHS
Old 03-08-2016, 10:26 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledzeppelin72885 View Post
I have a 2015 wolf pup 16BHS with a furrion dv3100. I can play a did and get sound through the speakers, but can't seem to get it to go to my tv? I've tried all the sources and can't seem to get it to work. Do I have to use the red/white/yellow or is it supposed to work?!
I don't know your unit... what type of DVD/Sound system do you have ?

Are getting the DVD movie sound through your 'system' or through your TV?

However, you are not getting the DVD 'picture' through your TV...right?

How do you have the DVD player connected to your TV ?
1) HDMI
2) RCA connectors (red, white yellow)
3) or?

Best is HDMI, but if your RV system does not have that then use RCA.

Be Sure to check the TV input...via the remote control.... this is usually the problem when synchronizing the two.

Islander
Edge programmer, 4" SS exhaust turbo/back,
Tru-Cool Max Trans Cooler, Bilstein Shocks
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 04:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander View Post
I don't know your unit... what type of DVD/Sound system do you have ?

Are getting the DVD movie sound through your 'system' or through your TV?

However, you are not getting the DVD 'picture' through your TV...right?

How do you have the DVD player connected to your TV ?
1) HDMI
2) RCA connectors (red, white yellow)
3) ??

Therein lies the problem. Being that there is no access to the back of the DVD player it was my assumption that the video signal is routed through the coaxial cables in the camper.

I don't have it hooked up with any other means, but I don't know how I would since there is no access to the VGA (or any other) ports on the back of the system...

The audio plays through the camper's speakers. No video signal though, since I don't know if or how I am supposed to connect it.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblake4124 View Post
Therein lies the problem. Being that there is no access to the back of the DVD player it was my assumption that the video signal is routed through the coaxial cables in the camper.

I don't have it hooked up with any other means, but I don't know how I would since there is no access to the VGA (or any other) ports on the back of the system...

The audio plays through the camper's speakers. No video signal though, since I don't know if or how I am supposed to connect it.

If it's similar to mine, and you have a new flat screen TV, chances are you don't have a coax IN for video on your TV. You'll need to buy a coax to hdmi converter on Amazon. I had the exact same issue. Sound from DVD through ceiling speakers but no picture. The converter fixed that.

John

2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
2012 Grand Cherokee Overland (Hemi)
jgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 01:39 PM   #10

I'll probably get an adapter then. The tv does have a coax input and I have it plugged in, but I can't find the signal anywhere...
Old 03-09-2016, 09:14 PM   #11

My wall plate has coax and rca. Coax is from the antenna only. Rca's are from the DVDs player. They go to the inputs on the tv. My DVDs sound does not play through the ceiling speakers, unless I use an aux wire from the tv headphone jack back up to units aux port. It isn't very loud though. I will say this too, one of my 4 ceiling speakers didn't work. A wire was pulled out of the factory crimp. Easy fix though.

Now I'm going back to looking for my 10mm wrench! 2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
2005 F250 PSD
Wa11y757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblake4124 View Post
I'll probably get an adapter then. The tv does have a coax input and I have it plugged in, but I can't find the signal anywhere...

Jblake - I misspoke. I meant to say RCA to hdmi adapter. Sorry about that. The coax is the antenna hookup. The adapter will convert the yellow RCA jack on the wall to hdmi on your tv. It's on Amazon.

John

2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
Old 03-10-2016, 12:06 PM   #13

Good to know. I'm getting sound to the speakers but no video. I'll look it up and see if that works. I don't want to run cords everywhere.

Old 03-10-2016, 02:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledzeppelin72885 View Post
Good to know. I'm getting sound to the speakers but no video. I'll look it up and see if that works. I don't want to run cords everywhere.

Here's the converter below. $15.99

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1457637342.919735.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	101546

John

2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
Old 03-10-2016, 03:03 PM   #15

Here is same thing, but cheaper. However.....I can't believe that one could up scale the video signal without power consumption. So I think this thing need to be powered and is done so with the USB cable...meaning one would have to have a USB port near by.......maybe? I have not had one of these yet, so I can't say for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1457640185889.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	101551  
Old 03-10-2016, 03:09 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wa11y757 View Post
Here is same thing, but cheaper. However.....I can't believe that one could up scale the video signal without power consumption. So I think this thing need to be powered and is done so with the USB cable...meaning one would have to have a USB port near by.......maybe? I have not had one of these yet, so I can't say for sure.
Correct. It's powered via USB on back of TV. Most modern flat screens have them. Mines right next to a couple hdmi ports.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:37 PM   #17

Oh, I guess my TV in the house does have an USB, but I thought it was just for "updates". Ima plug my dang saw in it and see what happens!.....lol
Old 03-13-2016, 06:13 PM   #18

Update: i changed my rca wall plate wires to the following set up. The yellow is video out (from DVD player). The red and white are audio in to DVD player and works if it is on aux rear. Your tv just needs audio rca out and it all works with no extra wires. The 32 vizio I just got works perfect with just a short coax cable and 3 wire rca cable.
Old 03-13-2016, 09:50 PM   #19

I couldn't get my DVD player to have sound or to work so took it back to the dealer. They said the cables from the DVD player to the outlets (where the wires from the TV hook up) were not the correct ones! They replaced them and it works fine. If it's a new RV, I'd call your dealer and ask for them to repair it.

2016 Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL
Gary G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:36 PM   #20

Same thing

I recently purchased a 27RR and have the exact same issue as the original poster. I hooked up a TV with a coax cable for the antenna and an RCA cable for what I assumed is the DVD player (the dealer provided the cable and explained that was what it was for).

If I play a DVD on the Furrion DV3100 I get sound only through the overhead speakers. It is like they never connected the video or audio outputs on back of the DVD player to the RCA jacks above the TV location.

If that is the case, how many times can Forest River screw that up? I have read multiple posts where the cable connectors have been hooked up wrong or not connected at all.

I have not taken off the connector plate to take a look, but it's almost not worth the trouble vs just using an external DVD player. I also tried another TV with the same results. Any other thoughts on this?
jrminiquad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd