Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2017, 07:42 AM   #1

Carbon Monoxide Monitoring ??

Currently own a 2014 Grey Wolf 26DBH. CO sensor was going off this morning.
Does the converter breaker need to be powered on for the CO monitor to work? I had all of the breakers turned off expect for the refrigerator breaker and main 30 amp breaker.
Went out to the camper this morning and there was a single beep coming from the camper. Walk in and the CO monitor is beeping once every 10-15 seconds. I immediately walk out of the camper and open all the doors and closed the valve on the propane tank. I waited fifteen minutes and the monitor was still making the same noise. After some reading online I read where the co monitor works of 12volt power. Once I turned on the converter breaker the monitor went from blinking red to blinking red/green to solid green. Everything appears to be working as it should.
Here are my dumb questions:
1. When the battery is removed and the camper is being stored ( all breakers are left on) why doesn't the CO monitor go off?
2. Does the refrigerator need to have the converter breaker on along with main power and refrigerator breaker to work? Also does it need those to be on in order to switch from Electric to Gas?

Thanks for any and all help.

Scott
slaslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:51 AM   #2

1. When the battery is removed and the camper is being stored ( all breakers are left on) why doesn't the CO monitor go off?

Thanks for any and all help.

Scott[/QUOTE]

You have removed the power supply (battery). If shore power is connected there is 12 volts supplied by the converter. Either way it shouldn't sound.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:58 AM   #3
Site Team

If you had the converter turned off, then you were not charging the battery and the CO/Propane detector and other items were using 12V power. This will drain the battery and cause a low voltage alarm. Over time, it will damage the battery. Once you turn on the converter is turned on, it supplies 12V to the system and the alarm will shut off. Not sure why you would need to turn off breakers when plugged in to shore power.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:07 AM   #4

Got it , this makes sense. I don't have a thirty amp breaker at home (20amp) I was trying to see if my A.C. Repair late last fall was successful. I realize now that the converter needs to stay on.

Thanks for all the help everyone .
Old 05-23-2017, 08:42 PM   #5

I would have to run outside to check but are they wired like a house detector where there is a backup (9v) battery that when low sounds single beeps every 15-30 seconds?
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
I would have to run outside to check but are they wired like a house detector where there is a backup (9v) battery that when low sounds single beeps every 15-30 seconds?

Looked for a battery backup and did not find one. Seems like that would be a good idea to have one though.