Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2020, 11:36 AM   #1

Changing out stock Shower head and hose?

Has anyone done this as a quick upgrade? Looking at this one on Amazon, wondering if it will work for our 2019 Wolf pup BHS?

Dura Faucet DF-SA400K-WT
“There is no Wi-fi in the forest, but I promise you will find a better connection.”
sstevens650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:42 AM   #2

We do a lot of dry camping so we got Oxygenic 26781 Hand Held Sprayer Kit. A little more expensive than the one you are looking at, but we need to lower water use and it gives good pressure.

Very easy to install, just unscrew the hose and the faucet and screw in the new one. Don't forget the o rings.
corocky1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:45 AM   #3

I went with the same unit. I found a chrome one on Ebay for 30 bucks. Works way better than the drizzle coming out of the OEM one.
Odyknuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:49 AM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

You will get a lot of comments on the Oxygenic shower head but we tried two different models and didn't care for them. The hose that comes with them is even worse! They also both flowed MORE water than the original shower head.

Any hand held shower head will fit. Same size and threads as a home type.
We changed our small plastic original for one with the same flow rate but slightly larger pattern. Flow rate may only be important to you if you do a lot of boondocking where water conservation is important.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '18=51 '19=58 '20=110 '21=94
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:01 PM   #5

Thanks everyone. We usually only dry camp or go boon docking so I've never put too much thought into the shower head, because with a 26 gal. tank you don't shower much if at all!

That being said we are on our second month of living in the TT at an RV park with full hookups while we wait for construction to wrap up on our new family home. Now that we are all showering regularly (thank god) I think its time for the upgrade!
“There is no Wi-fi in the forest, but I promise you will find a better connection.”
sstevens650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:49 PM   #6

Oxygenics Shower Head

I, like many others, replaced the original shower head in our Class A with an Oxygenics shower head; but, I have been very disappointed in the flow rate of the replacement shower head. Recently, I was told that the Oxygenics shower head contains a flow restrictor and I will probably remove it to see if that improves the flow; however, I was advised that removing the flow restrictor would void the warranty.
LannyCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:58 PM   #7
2014 XLR 27HFS

Our stock showerhead started falling apart, so I put in an OxyG. It was super easy to do, and we like it better than the original.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:10 PM   #8

As previously stated, any shower head that you can use at home will work.

Some people like low flow, high pressure shower heads. Some like low pressure regular pressure showers.

We have one that has settings that allow you to have different types of showers. The problem with the high pressure setting is when you go to rinse a soapy head of hair, it increases the volume of soap before it starts to rinse the hair.

So look for one meant to work with low pressure and has different adjustments to the head.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:19 PM   #9

I put in the Oxygenics 92781 White in the TT. More forceful pressure and less water usage. 6 gallons hot water lasts at least 1.5x as long as original shower head.
https://www.amazon.com/Oxygenics-Sta...s%2C216&sr=8-7

I liked it so much, I got the brushed nickel version for my home shower - and yes there is a flow restrictor. For my home shower head, I removed it, all it is is an o-ring in the handle connection to the hose, very easy to remove.

I got mine from e-bay - think it is a little less than Amazon.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:49 PM   #10

We love our Oxygenics shower heads, but like someone else mentioned, the hose is terrible. But, hoses are all standard and interchangeable. So we went to HD and bought a segmented chrome one that works great. Easy solutions.....
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:23 PM   #11
TARVIDSON

Shower heads

Our original shower head started to fail so I replaced it with an Oxygenics at Walmart for about $30 because I had heard a lot of positive comment on them. I did not notice a decrease in shower time but my wife does not like the spray as much as the cheap original and it is worse about being very hot when you have used the shutoff and turned it back on. However it may leak less water in the shutoff position than the original. My understanding is that that is the reason for the leakage is to avoid that blast of hot water when you turn it back on. I simply point it somewhere else when I turn the water back on. One thing I have noticed is that if we are staying at a campground with high water pressure the hot water does not last as well on city water pressure so I run the pump for showers after turning off the city water pressure thus getting consistent shower times before the water turns cold. I do have a pressure limiter for the city water but I would need an adjustable one with an actual guage to keep the pressure the same as the built in pump so I just turn the city water off and use the pump.
TARVIDSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:30 PM   #12

Water Pump Pressure

TARVIDSON:

How much pressure does your pump put out and how do you measure it?

I don't think the pump in my Class A out near as much pressure (> 50 psi) as campground city water. I use an adjustable pressure regulator when connected to campground city water.
LannyCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:41 PM   #13
Tundra 2014

Shower

I also replaced w/ an Oxygenic head, very pleased. Some come w/ a cheap plastic hose-Junk. I had already added a metal hose to my old head to have a longer hose. I put it back on after trying the hose w/ Oxygenic head. They have a feature that many people is a fault, but it is not. When you push the button on the head to turn off, there is a trickle of water that comes out of the head. This is designed to maintain water temp., so you do not get the blast of cold water that most heads produce. We take "Navy" showers and this is the best low flow head that we have used that has good power spray.
There are two different metal water pressure regulators. One is 35-40 PSI and the other 45-50 PSI. I use the preset 45 or my adjustable meter set @45 PSI. It makes a difference to use the higher pressure regulator. Over time the pre-set regulators get clogged and reduce flow. I use the pre-set where there is not enough room to attach to supply water and as a spare.
I also drilled a hole in the bracket and put an 1/8" push pin thru it. This keeps the head on the bracket when traveling.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:45 PM   #14

We have an Oxygenics (Thanks NMWildcat for the suggestion) and love it hose and all.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:52 PM   #15

The shower head you listed in your original post is a good one but with it in the holder it sits almost right against the shower wall and sprays out a lot like most heads that come with the RV. The oxyg heads are much longer and they extend almost to the ceiling of our shower stall. I am only 5'-10" and I like that it sprays more down over me than in my face so I have to bend over to get the top of my head wet. The flow from the oxyg head is good even with low pressure but the flow with the pause is almost as much as normal.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 12:13 PM   #16

We use an Oxygenic Fury shower. Throw away the hose that comes with it and get a stainless steel hose they are very flexible and better than any other I have tried.

Frank
FrankMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 07:44 PM   #17
Paul & Dianne

We have an Oxegenic and I really didn’t notice much difference. And yes, not impressed with the hose. But, my wife likes it, so, there’s that...
Old 07-02-2020, 07:40 AM   #18
Back On The Go

I got this one at Amazon last year and love it; also half the price of oxygenics. I also got the metal hose and threw away the one that comes with this shower head and with the Georgetown. Metal is flexible and longer.

Shower head: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hose: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not too serious about anything except what affects health and happiness.
salwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:21 AM   #19
PhD, Common Sense

The best showerhead I ever got came from Aldi for under $20. I yanked the low-flow valve. When I want low flow, I can do that with the handles. When I want a brisk shower, that is doable. I take the showerhead with me in the camper. I can’t wait for Aldi to get showerheads back in so I can buy more. It’s been about two years.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 06:39 PM   #20

Yep. New Wildcat and put in the Oxygenics Fury with a $12.00 metal hose from Amazon. Waaay better than stock
Richard McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show, shower