Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2016, 08:42 PM   #1

Check your gutters for blockage

Got on the roof of our 274 today to inspect everything. Upon looking at the gutters along each side I noticed that some of the screws had backed out or they weren't tightened from the factory. I also notice that the gutters were ran all the way into the little downspouts restricting the water from freely flowing out. Mind had some small twigs and leaves bunched up at the ends. I was able to cut a small section of the wall of the gutter away with some diagonal wire cutters, it's aluminum . Now the water and small debris can flow out without the need gutters filling up. Sorry but I didn't get pic's .

2015 274dbh
2008 GMC 2500 duramax
Xrrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 12:07 PM   #2

Do you have 2 sections that meet up somewhere in the middle or do you have one long gutter across your entire camper (each side of course)? I have 2 sections that meet up in the middle and they did a horrible job caulking them and it's leaking pretty bad when it rains.
Tngahan is offline   Reply With Quote