Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2023, 11:53 AM   #1

Cherokee 274vfk Water Pump access nightmare fixed!

We own a 2019 Cherokee 274vfk travel trailer and love it with one exception, the access to the water pump. To get to the pump, one must entirely empty the basement, wiggle all the way to the far side of the basement and then reach over your head to work on the pump. It's a practically impossible setup.

I ended up cutting an opening in the front of the nightstand in the bedroom. Once I made the opening, reaching the water pump was a cinch. I sized the opening so that I could mount a cover and now I have an easy way to access the pump.

Why doesn't Forest River make this one simple modification to subsequent models to change an impossible nightmare of a job into an easy fix?

Bill J., Lexington, KY
whjco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 06:39 PM   #2

I agree. They could put a cubby that could be accessed from the outside. It would be such a cleaner way to winterize.
I have a wolf pup. You have to raise the bed and pretty much just crawl inside to get to the pump and hot water tank. I don't know how I'm gonna do this when I get older. I guess the grandkids will have to help. ��
pnkdmnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 06:44 AM   #3

Hi. Very similar issue on my 2018 27DBS where I had to crawl into the underbed compartment to get to water pump, screen filter, and water heater bypass valves, so I too cut an access hole in the nightstand to give direct access.

I contacted my dealer and ordered a cabinet door the same as the cabinet door over the fireplace and cut the access hole to work with that size of door. That way, everything matches color and style-wise. In fact, you really dont even really notice the access door.
chickenwing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee, pump, water, water pump