Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2007, 07:59 PM   #1

Cherokee 29 B+

Hey all,
I am working on getting a Cherokee 29B+ TT. It has the slide out bunkhouse for the kids. I am pretty excited. Still getting the deal totally together. My only concern is the dealer is a little far away. But the deal seems to be great. Looking forward to owning a Cherokee. Any other 29b+ owners out there.

Steve
steveqvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:18 PM   #2

We`ve got a 32B and love it. you`ll be happy with all the features on the TT. the only issue I have had is the Concertone junk, third times a charm, so far. and I had a small water leak above the slide. luckily I found it before it became a problem. every manf. out there has or will have a water leak at some point. not all TT`s just some.

Good luck!

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:02 AM   #3

Great I am looking forward to it.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:47 AM   #4

to FRF!

keep us posted on your progress
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:02 AM   #5
RAC

Congrats, and good luck with the new rig.
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:18 AM   #6

Thanks for the welcomes.

I am probably doing this backward but now that i am set on a camper I am going to scope out a tow vehicle. Its mainly going to be parked and some land we own but I want the ability to move it too. The problem is the wife loves the miniVan (sheesh) and I love my Wrangler. Both are no good for towing. So I guess I need to find a vehicle and do the calculations. Any suggestions out there for a good way to go about this?
Thanks
Steve
Old 10-10-2007, 07:31 AM   #7
RAC

Ford, Chevy, Dodge??? What brand do you like?
Old 10-10-2007, 07:42 AM   #8
RAC

With over 35 feet of trailer and a GVWR of 10800 lbs, you will need AT LEAST a Ford F-250 or chevy/dodge 2500 series, probably a 350/3500 for safety.. However, you need to look at the trailers GVWR and the TV's GVWR and make sure that combined they do not exceed the GCWR of the vehicle. I'm a Ford guy, but I am sure someone else may have some advice
Old 10-10-2007, 10:16 AM   #9

thanks for that info. I really am not tied to any specific brand of TV. I do like fords too. Yes 29' trailer with 35 length total. I worry they call it a lite trailer but it seems pretty heavy to me to find something to tow with. Specs say ship weight 6952lbs and a 10874 gvwr. I thought i would just keep an eye open for a TV at a reasonable price. I suppose i can calculate for a few different ones until i know what i want. No hurry as the TT will be delivered to the spot. Hope i pick a good spot the first time though....
Old 10-10-2007, 10:18 AM   #10
RAC

Lol...true.

Not sure where you're from, but there are oodles of good vehicles around right now.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:27 AM   #11

Mine is a 32B it weighs 7200lbs empty and approx. 8600lbs ready to travel. I tow with an 02 Excursion V-10. tows it just fine. the Cherokee Lite line is lower profile than the the standard TT`s, which is what I have. 11'6" compared to 10'6" the lower profile will make a difference when towing especially for MPG and the lower side profile will make a little difference in windy conditions. we used to have the 28A 6500lbs ready to travel, and towed it with a 97 Dodge conv. van with a 5.9 and 3.90 gear.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:54 AM   #12
RAC

With the V-10 you get about 10,100 lbs of pulling power which is under the GVWR for the trailer he has selected.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:00 PM   #13

okay again thanks to all. Another question... dealer is selling hard the Choice Plus extended warrenty. 7 year, says you can take it to any dealer. Anybody think these are worth it? I am not a super handy guy more of an office / computer guy.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:12 PM   #14

How much?

I didn't buy an extended warrenty on mine but I prefer to fix and modify stuff myself. But it may bring a piece of mind to you. Shoud a fridge go south you're looking at a couple of grand to get one replaced. That in itself may make the warrenty worth it.

greg
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:24 PM   #15
RAC

Standard is one year, then FR overs an additional for a hundred bucks.....

7 years bumper to bumper??? That sounds like a pretty penny.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:15 PM   #16

Yes 7 years bumper to bumper $1300. My first reaction was no, but since the unit has slideouts, i started wondering if it was a deal. I didn't know about the $100 for an additional year from FR..... thats an idea too. But i am planning on owning this the 7 years if not longer... I hope that is.... it is my first.
steve
Old 10-10-2007, 02:34 PM   #17
RAC

Personally, anything that goes wrong, I can fix. The major structural components are covered for like 12 years, so for me, the 1300 bucks wouldn't happen. that's a LOT of beer!
Old 10-20-2007, 11:06 PM   #18

I have a 2007 285B+ since the spring and this is what i found wrong with mine so far list of needed repairs, they are as follows --------

Paneling on dinette is scratched ( on order)

Seam sealer all over the outsides and around all futures and running down

Small stress crack in front nose

Low water pressure threw out trailer ( took hose off my camper and put on camper next to me and pressure was fine)

Toilet is not straight and low water pressure ( does not rinse bowl)

Sliding door to the bedroom fell off and hit my wife ( chips now on corners)

Wall that sliding door hangs on is bowed ( puts pressure on door )

Cabinet door to small pantry near back bedroom fell off

Wall next to microwave has scratches ( someone filled with putty)

Spare tire cover flew off on trip home after purchase and delivery

Chrome trim ring on wheels flew off

Rubber seal under main slide out fell off

Main slide has vibrations

Window shades in main slide at the dinette rear one is mounted crooked and the big window comes apart

Ceiling panel in main slide has bubbles

Bunk room door does not fit (opening to small)

TV shelf in bunkroom ( thin paneling 13" TV leg pocked thru it )

Draws in bunk room fall out and twist cross rail in cabinet

Cable hookup in bunk room does not work

Bunk slide does not fit flat to outside wall

Window shade in top bunk does not work right

Screen door is bowed

Entry door drags on screws

Front right storage door does not fit

Storage door locks don't work right some are hitting screws

Drain waste valves leek

Power converter has been running intermittently ( tap wall and it works)

When not in use battery runs down fast

PS this trailer looked like it never had dealer prep done . There was saw dust all over and more then half of nail holes were not wiped clean I spent two hours wiping the putty clean .
Old 10-21-2007, 09:15 PM   #19

Its Here!

I got my 29b+ yesterday and we spent the night in it. Budfans, I am sorry you have had such bad luck. I can't believe we even have the same type or brand of camper. Mine arrived surprisingly with 2/3 full of of fresh water. It looked like everything was prepped. Everything worked. The only imperfection that I noted was the Cherokee word sticker on the front of the camper... the e is coming off. The only other strangeness we saw was all the drawers have glides except the one under the dinette bench. It was hard to pull out and it seemed not to have a guide. Not sure if that is normal or not. Other that that everything seemed to work well. I am new to campers so I probably might find things as we go on and I have lots of questions. I read the manual but it sure didn't seem to answer a lot of questions I had.

Steve
Old 10-21-2007, 09:37 PM   #20
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Ask questions anytime. Enjoy your new trailer.

Budfans...if it's any consolation, my Salem PT had putty all over the woodwork that I had to wipe down as well. None of the manufacturers are good at cleaning up the sawdust either.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee