Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2020, 11:36 AM   #1

Cherokee 39CA

My wife and I recently purchased a 39CA. We traded in our 39P that we had for 9 years. The new camper must have been designed by a 2nd grade class. The issues are no access to the water pump, no switch for the bath fan except the one mounted on the fan 8' up on the ceiling, the black and grey tank drains all 4 of them are under slide outs. This is a destination trailer. It is set up on a site for long periods of time so the slides are out for the camping season. Also they put a light by the water heater and water connections but you have to turn it on from the inside of camper. There is no outside light on the camper by the entrance doors except for the blue lights under the awning that don't do much.
Not a lot of thought by Forest River.
Cherokee39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:46 AM   #2

In reference to the dump valves you might think about going to the electrically operated valves this would solve that problem. I'm going to ask this before someone else does did you miss these things when you did your PDI? just wondering.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:53 AM   #3

Your not alone. I have the same problem with my 2011 32' Keystone Sprinter BH trailer.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
In reference to the dump valves you might think about going to the electrically operated valves this would solve that problem. I'm going to ask this before someone else does did you miss these things when you did your PDI? just wondering.
I did get the electric actuators. Noticed the issue during the PDI but did not think it would be so bad. Did not catch the fan switch or outside lights as well as pump access.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Roo View Post
I did get the electric actuators. Noticed the issue during the PDI but did not think it would be so bad. Did not catch the fan switch or outside lights as well as pump access.
Install a pull chain switch on the fan and install a fob extension on it. I did in my bath. I removed a partition around my pump that was in the storage compartment.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Install a pull chain switch on the fan and install a fob extension on it. I did in my bath. I removed a partition around my pump that was in the storage compartment.
Thanks Cavie, I think I can get a wall switch for the fan. The pump access will be tricky, I think I can get to it by removing the fireplace. The patio light is no problem because the cabinet with the command center is right there.

Tags
cherokee