Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2021, 03:21 PM   #81

Question Driven drwc4.3m pairing issue

We just purchased a 2021 FR Cherokee 274WK, which came equipped with a Driven DRWC4.3M wireless backup camera system. However, I am unable to get the monitor and camera to pair, the dealer doesn't know anything about it, and both FR and Driven have been unresponsive to my requests for help.

To make matters worse, the "manual" for the camera is so lacking of detailed information that it is essentially useless and I cannot find anything specific to this system on YouTube. Hopefully, somebody here can help.

The monitor will power on but will not pair. It almost seems like the camera is not powering on, but I cannot tell for sure. Is there a power switch for the camera stashed somewhere? Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.
Perry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 03:30 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry S View Post
We just purchased a 2021 FR Cherokee 274WK, which came equipped with a Driven DRWC4.3M wireless backup camera system. However, I am unable to get the monitor and camera to pair, the dealer doesn't know anything about it, and both FR and Driven have been unresponsive to my requests for help.

To make matters worse, the "manual" for the camera is so lacking of detailed information that it is essentially useless and I cannot find anything specific to this system on YouTube. Hopefully, somebody here can help.

The monitor will power on but will not pair. It almost seems like the camera is not powering on, but I cannot tell for sure. Is there a power switch for the camera stashed somewhere? Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.
You must have your truck lights turned on; the camera is powered by one of the running lights.

The camera still sucks but if you don’t have the truck lights on the camera will never power on.
Mtndrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:40 PM   #83

Mtndrew, I never thought about the light circuit powering the camera but your right! Good info!
MrBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 05:33 AM   #84

Picked up the 2021 274BRB. camera standard. I'm surprised it was actually a Furrion and not a Driven. My dealer must know the Driven problems. They told me to not have lights in auto. It causes it to drop signal. Headlights must be in manual. Worked great. Even going down the road.
vwhowrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 05:07 PM   #85

We picked up our new trailer today, and it has the Furrion camera system. The dealer had already paired the camera to the monitor, so we ran it on the way home. It worked just fine.

2021 Wolf Pup 16FQ
2005 Toyota Sequoia
Hoomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 05:22 PM   #86
J&J Camping

Where did you list the responses
itsjb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 06:02 PM   #87
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjb5 View Post
Where did you list the responses
Who are you asking?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 07:08 PM   #88
J&J Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBell View Post
I just emailed Forest River's Cherokee Division and have listed the comments here. Ive asked if there is a solution or replacement for the poor "Driven" product.. We will see...
Mr bell. Where did you post the comments
Old 03-31-2021, 07:52 PM   #89

Yeah. That Driven back up camera is a steaming pile of poo. I’d have a better image imagining what is behind me.

Not that I need it. I’ll try tinkering with it a few more times. After that it will become a paper weight on my work bench.
2021 Cherokee Greywolf 23MK
Equalizer 1,000lb WDH
Guspech750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 10:34 PM   #90

I think they are saying they emailed FR *our* comments on the poor quality of the camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjb5 View Post
Mr bell. Where did you post the comments
Brake Controller: Curt Echo
PDuB-IA2MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 06:58 AM   #91

I just joined this forum because I too am a new owner of a 2021 Cherokee Alpha Wolf 26DBH-L that came with this Driven backup camera. It will not pair.

I read through the poorly written directions and these 5 pages of posts, and it doesn't pair.

Lights on manually. Press and held K3 button. Moved it closer by using the power port in the back of the tow vehicle. Nothing.

Dealer didn't pair it. I wasn't concerned about it since I never needed one before, but it would be nice if it worked since I paid for it.

What have your dealers or FR done for you? Sounds like they should swap it with a Furion model.

I have an outside light near the water hookups that didn't come on ...so it's going back anyway.

Thanks.

prior:
2014 Rockwood Roo 183
JDBcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 11:53 AM   #92

I’ve opened a warranty claim and the dealer seems to be well aware of issues with these cameras without saying so specifically.

They mentioned that if the claim is approved it will be a different brand of camera so I think this issue must be pretty common. I’ll update if they replace it.

2021 Cherokee Wolf Pup 14CC
1994 Ford F-150
Old 04-09-2021, 05:40 PM   #93

I just purchased a trailer that came with a Driven camera. I also had issues with the image freezing and constant disconnecting from the monitor regardless of sitting still or moving. I emailed Forest River and their warranty department replied "We have been having issues with these camera's. You will need to take your camper back to the dealer to get it replaced with a Furrion backup camera." Well, I brought it to the dealer 15 days after the email and just received word today that Forest River denied a Furrion replacement and are sending a Driven with "upgraded software". I am still trying to get them to honor their original email to get a working system and I am refusing a "upgraded software" Driven replacement.
Dbfp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:16 PM   #94

I’ve tried many times to get that turd of a camera system to work. It’s total garbage. I too will have to call the dealer and see what they say.
2021 Cherokee Greywolf 23MK
Equalizer 1,000lb WDH
Guspech750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 11:35 AM   #95

We had the same problem with our 2021 Cherokee 26BBR

I got in touch with Driven and they referred me to their tech support. Some of the cameras were paired on the factory floor to a single monitor, not necessarily your monitor. This was how FR paired the previous brand. The result, the cameras were not paired to the cameras on the TT. Below are the trouble shooting tips that I got from Driven tech support. They are super helpful and reply to emails or phone calls quickly. Thomas is teh guy you want to speak with and the number and information to contact him is below the trouble shooting.
Below are some trouble shooting suggestions if you are experiencing any issues.

1.With the RV unit connected to the tow vehicle, parking lights on, and the monitor connected, open the driver’s door or with window rolled down, try to pair the monitor up by pressing the K3 button on the monitor. If this does not work, try step #2

2.With the RV unit connected to the main town vehicle and the driving lights on, use a 2nd vehicle to power up the monitor at a closer proximity to the rear of the RV camera or use a portable battery source to power up the RV monitor such as a battery back to get the monitor closer to the RV camera for pairing.

3. If neither one of these steps work, disconnect the tow vehicle 7-way connector from the RV to tow vehicle. Then completely disconnect the 12V battery ground and positive terminals from the RV for 1 minute. Reconnect the battery and try step number 1 or 2 again.

Once the camera and monitor are paired up, they will function as normal as the camera will be looking for the same digital signature for the most recently paired monitor every time.

Give these suggestions a try and if they don’t work out for you send me your contact info so that we can get a replacement camera system out to you.

• Full Name

• Mailing Address

• Phone Number

• Email

• Dealer you purchased the travel trailer from

• Model of travel trailer

• Year, Make, model of tow vehicle

Regards,

Thomas Contreras

Technical Support

DB Research L.L.P.

302 Hanmore Industrial Parkway

Harlingen, TX 78550

Tel. 877-787-0101 ext.122

Email : Techsupport1@dbdrive.net

DB Drive - Euphoria - Quantum Audio - Hypnotic - Bass Inferno - DB Link - Lighting Solutions - Driven
Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 02:12 PM   #96

DRWC4.3M Issues also

I also just bought a FR trailer, the Wolf Pup 18TO with the backup camera being the DRWC4.3M , which the dealer says doesn't work and there have been a lot of problems with them. I have no idea what they are doing to fix this issue, but I am hoping that it is a replacement to something that works. I will be trying the pairing process myself as the camera was still in the box so I don't even think they tried to do the pairing.
Otherwise, I will be checking with the dealer, and possibly contacting Driven to see what can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry S View Post

tcaleb46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 10:02 AM   #97

Mine pairs just fine but the signal is very unreliable. My trailer is a 14CC and my truck is a standard cab so it’s not like the signal needs to travel very far.

Since mine is paired I think it eliminates the “not set up at the factory properly” theory.

1994 Ford F-150
Old 04-14-2021, 10:04 AM   #98
J&J Camping

Did you have headlights ON not in auto? I hear on some trucks auto has lower voltage....like daytime running lights.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:13 AM   #99

My truck is a 1994 model and does not have automatic headlights. I have the headlights on manually whenever I’m towing.

1994 Ford F-150
Old 04-14-2021, 11:02 AM   #100
FAS

rear camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFeezzy View Post
The Driven camera is very problematic. Apparently Forest River is not installing them any longer because it’s so bad. I’ve been meaning to get in contact with my dealer and/or Forest River about getting a reliable replacement. Mine pairs but the screen is always frozen and can’t adjust to the proper contrast.

I had a similar problem. The picture would freeze and you see a "scene" from miles ago. Found out by just sticking a piece of wire in the "antenna" hole on the back of the monitor, it seems to work. When I get home we will take a look at adding a better antenna (even a longer piece of wire)
FAS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, cherokee