Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2021, 07:06 PM   #121
FAS

Have you used it while driving? Thomas sent me a new one also, but the pup is at the dealer for warranty work. Going to fry some tricks when i get it back and post them
FAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:02 PM   #122
J&J Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS View Post
Have you used it while driving? Thomas sent me a new one also, but the pup is at the dealer for warranty work. Going to fry some tricks when i get it back and post them
Don't FRY it already, becarefull....LOL
itsjb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:08 PM   #123
FAS

Oops, I hope what I TRY won't fry it
Old 05-02-2021, 05:28 PM   #124

New camera continues to work well. No problems at all with the new Driven camera
MO311fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 05:31 PM   #125
FAS

Did your monitor have a sticker saying "{only for backing up less then 5mph"?
Old 05-02-2021, 05:37 PM   #126

Yes it did, though it works at speeds of at least 30, once we got on a highway I had my wife unplug it till we got home.
MO311fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 06:06 PM   #127
FAS

Thanks. Happy camping

Frank
Old 05-03-2021, 07:38 PM   #128

My new 2021 20rdse just arrived at the dealer. I could not find a monitor, so asked where it was. He said that if it's a certain brand, it should have one, but others you just use your phone screen. I had opened literally everything to inspect, and did not see one. I took a pic of the camera, but stupidly did not zoom in enough to find out what kind it is. It looks different than both the old furrion and the new driven units that have been posted here. Anyone know what they are using now? I have to wait a week to pick up and interested in becoming familiar with this camera and any potential issues. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210503_172322.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	253499  
MichiganExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:21 PM   #129
J&J Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganExplorer View Post
My new 2021 20rdse just arrived at the dealer. I could not find a monitor, so asked where it was. He said that if it's a certain brand, it should have one, but others you just use your phone screen. I had opened literally everything to inspect, and did not see one. I took a pic of the camera, but stupidly did not zoom in enough to find out what kind it is. It looks different than both the old furrion and the new driven units that have been posted here. Anyone know what they are using now? I have to wait a week to pick up and interested in becoming familiar with this camera and any potential issues. Thanks.
Could it be part of the total control app?
Old 05-03-2021, 09:35 PM   #130
FAS

I wouldn't want to have to use my phone for a backup monitor. I would request a different system
Old 05-03-2021, 09:39 PM   #131
J&J Camping

Quote:
I wouldn't want to have to use my phone for a backup monitor. I would request a different system
If it is is wi fi so tablet ipad also?

Mine was supposed to come with a camera but didn't so I'm not sure at all .
They didn't have any in stock when built.
Old 05-03-2021, 09:59 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjb5 View Post
Could it be part of the total control app?
Honestly, I have no idea at this point. I guess I'll find out next Tuesday when they do the walk through with me. I did some more research, and if you look at what's listed on the Forest River manuals app, it does list Insight for the camera on 2021 grey wolf. Googling that, it seems that LCI has some sort of trademark for OneControl Insight for a camera, but that's all I could find.
Old 05-03-2021, 10:02 PM   #133

Quote:
Agreed. My phone is nestled nicely down low in my Ram, and would rather not have to pull it out just to use the camera. Not sure if they'll budge, but I can ask.
Old 05-04-2021, 02:15 AM   #134

I talked with the dealer today, and the are replacing it with another Driven camera system. We will see how this one works. I already told my Service Advisor that if this does not work then I want it replaced with a Furrion system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaleb46 View Post
My dealer said it is going to get it replaced, but my issue is the timing of it. They said they knew that they were having issues, and to me this should have been taken care of BEFORE I bought the camper. They had plenty of time, and never filed the warranty until after I purchased it.
tcaleb46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 03:06 PM   #135

My 325 pack 13 was built in Oct 2020 a 2021 model. It came with a prep for a Furrion Vision S. bought from Amazon much cheaper than dealer and it works off of running lights. No problems so far.
Rdonald3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 04:21 PM   #136

Ok, so quick update. I picked up my 20RDSE today. The backup cam is an Insight, which is part of LCI, which means the screen is through the OneControl app. Personally, I'm not a fan of using my phone. I have to pull the app up, and go to the camera to view it. Not exactly convenient or user friendly. You need to have the vehicle with headlights on or parking lights on, auto will not send power to the cam. The resolution was not even 720p. I did like that it has a microphone, so you could hear someone who assisting you pulling into a campsite or cars behind if you want to run it while driving. That's about the only feature I like though, personally.

It's better than nothing, but I feel like it's a $20 Chinese camera that they got a bulk deal on. I would never buy it myself. Probably won't be upgrading this year though, as I just want to get settled in to owning a camper. Any questions, I'll try to answer if I can. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210511_133306.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	254248Click image for larger version

Name:	20210511_133310.jpeg
Views:	83
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	254249
Old 05-16-2021, 04:00 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganExplorer View Post
Ok, so quick update. I picked up my 20RDSE today. The backup cam is an Insight, which is part of LCI, which means the screen is through the OneControl app. Personally, I'm not a fan of using my phone. I have to pull the app up, and go to the camera to view it. Not exactly convenient or user friendly. You need to have the vehicle with headlights on or parking lights on, auto will not send power to the cam. The resolution was not even 720p. I did like that it has a microphone, so you could hear someone who assisting you pulling into a campsite or cars behind if you want to run it while driving. That's about the only feature I like though, personally.

It's better than nothing, but I feel like it's a $20 Chinese camera that they got a bulk deal on. I would never buy it myself. Probably won't be upgrading this year though, as I just want to get settled in to owning a camper. Any questions, I'll try to answer if I can. Attachment 254248Attachment 254249

Oh my gosh!! You may have saved me!

My dealers game me a Driven LCD screen and I spent 4 hours trying to pair to my “insight” camera on the back....

So I need to open the LCI app and add device?

Does my truck need to be hooked up?

What is the SSID for?

Name:	IMG_4535.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	254693
valasek21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 05:18 PM   #138
J&J Camping

IF YOU HAVE the insight it does seam to be in total control app according to Michigan explorer.I do not have one as they had none during manufacturing. So read the post from Michigan explorer above and he seemed to do it with the app on his phone. If that is true you should be able to do it with a iPad or notepad. Again I got shorted and I DID NOT get any camera and it's not even prepped.sorry
Old 05-16-2021, 05:50 PM   #139

I replaced my old one with this, much improved.

https://www.tadibrothers.com/categor...SAAEgI4M_D_BwE
Old 05-17-2021, 02:10 AM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by valasek21 View Post
Oh my gosh!! You may have saved me!

My dealers game me a Driven LCD screen and I spent 4 hours trying to pair to my “insight” camera on the back....

So I need to open the LCI app and add device?

Does my truck need to be hooked up?

What is the SSID for?

Attachment 254693
Yes, you need to go into the OneControl app and find where it says "add accessory". It asks for a number, which is where you put that SSID, and you do not need to enter a password (leave it blank). Yes, you need to have your vehicle connected and headlights or running lights turned on to power the camera (auto will not work during the day).

Note: I could not get it to find my camera when attempting this and used the manual entry to link it.

I have attached the instructions given to me by the dealer.

Edit:Sorry, I'm not sure why the photos decided to flip upside down.

Name:	20210517_030741.jpeg
Views:	179
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	254723Click image for larger version

Name:	20210517_030752.jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	254724Click image for larger version

Name:	20210517_030813.jpeg
Views:	174
Size:	43.0 KB