Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2021, 05:17 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganExplorer View Post
Yes, you need to go into the OneControl app and find where it says "add accessory". It asks for a number, which is where you put that SSID, and you do not need to enter a password (leave it blank). Yes, you need to have your vehicle connected and headlights or running lights turned on to power the camera (auto will not work during the day).

Note: I could not get it to find my camera when attempting this and used the manual entry to link it.

I have attached the instructions given to me by the dealer.

Edit:Sorry, I'm not sure why the photos decided to flip upside down.
Attachment 254723Attachment 254724Attachment 254725

It worked!! Thanks for your help.
valasek21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:37 PM   #142

I saw these featured in a YouTube video as one of the creator's five best RV accessories this year. They seemed pretty happy with it, and if we didn't already have a working camera on our trailer, I'd be very tempted. Advantages over the Furrion system we have:
Clips over the rearview mirror, where we look by habit anyway.
Records video to uSD card.
Tx system sits farther forward on the trailer.
https://www.haloview.com/haloview-wi...hcam-rd10.html

2021 Wolf Pup 16FQ
2005 Toyota Sequoia
Hoomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 03:02 PM   #143

Great Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganExplorer View Post
Yes, you need to go into the OneControl app and find where it says "add accessory". It asks for a number, which is where you put that SSID, and you do not need to enter a password (leave it blank). Yes, you need to have your vehicle connected and headlights or running lights turned on to power the camera (auto will not work during the day).

Note: I could not get it to find my camera when attempting this and used the manual entry to link it.

I have attached the instructions given to me by the dealer.

Edit:Sorry, I'm not sure why the photos decided to flip upside down.
Attachment 254723Attachment 254724Attachment 254725
I just purchased a 2021 FR 16BHS Black Label and it came with the camera. I scanned the gateway QR Code but couldn't locate the camera. I wasn't aware that you needed to have the vehicle connected and lights on to even see it on the network but it makes sense now. Thanks for the information, been looking most of the day to find this.
CampingNOLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 04:59 PM   #144
FAS

If it the "Driven" model, you need the monitor and the marker lights have to be on for the camera to get power.
Frank
FAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 08:09 PM   #145
J&J Camping

And if it is a driven or another brand you will see an antenna sticking up. If you have an antenna don't let them SELL you the monitor because it comes with it.
itsjb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 04:27 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO311fan View Post
Got the new Driven camera yesterday (model number DRW4C4.3CM). Installed it today and no problems at all. No freezing or dropping out all together. Thanks to Thomas at Driven tech support, he was helpful, friendly and made this issue easy to deal with.
Hi, can you explain what Driven tech support told you? We got our warranty Driven system "repaired" - basically they just replaced the monitor. It is working, I guess - but the image refresh is erratic, even when just sitting in my driveway not moving. And it was REALLY erratic when driving home from the dealer. Yes it had the sticker about using for backing up under 5mph.
swamp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 04:45 PM   #147
FAS

The tech told me the camper is only for use under 5MPH, I told him the speed of sound is faster than 5MPH and it was not working correctly standing still. They sent me a whole new system.
I purchased a different antenna, but haven't been able to use the camper because of axle problems, so I dont know it is any better. It is at the dealer right now. I'll post how my changes worked, when I get to go somewhere
Old 05-28-2021, 05:22 PM   #148
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS View Post
The tech told me the camper is only for use under 5MPH, I told him the speed of sound is faster than 5MPH and it was not working correctly standing still. They sent me a whole new system.
I purchased a different antenna, but haven't been able to use the camper because of axle problems, so I dont know it is any better. It is at the dealer right now. I'll post how my changes worked, when I get to go somewhere
I'm so glad I wasn't forced into having a Driven or Furrion camera system.
I had no camera prep on my TT. So I bought a system on Amazon that cost me $116. It works at all speeds and also has sound. Works good nearly 100% of the time, with just an occasional glitch. And I never had to use the optional extra antenna, with my 26ft TT.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 05:52 PM   #149

Well, I just picked up my Wolf Pup at the dealers. They replaced the Driven camera system with a Furrion Vision S system, which works great. 65 MPH on the way home and the camera worked the whole way. I was able to see traffic coming up behind me, and backing into my driveway never looked so good.
I am very pleased with the system, I'm glad I pushed to have it replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaleb46 View Post
I talked with the dealer today, and the are replacing it with another Driven camera system. We will see how this one works. I already told my Service Advisor that if this does not work then I want it replaced with a Furrion system.
tcaleb46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 10:36 AM   #150

Quote:
Well, I just picked up my Wolf Pup at the dealers. They replaced the Driven camera system with a Furrion Vision S system, which works great. 65 MPH on the way home and the camera worked the whole way. I was able to see traffic coming up behind me, and backing into my driveway never looked so good.
Yeah, I wish they'd replaced mine with some different system, but I guess it was just the monitor that wouldn't power up - so that's what I ended up with. I guess it works within the "backing up under 5mph" limitation so I don't have much of a case for replacement with the dealer. But it's worthless as a rear view when driving down the road.

But... last year my wife gave me a Yakry (?) HD dual camera system she'd purchased off Amazon to put on our old trailer - by the time I went to install it, found the camper (being stored 750 miles away) had been stolen. Anyway, I'll be pulling the Driven system and installing the Yakry on the Wolf Pup hopefully with better results. The reviews on it are pretty solid.
Old 06-05-2021, 12:06 PM   #151
FAS

Quote:
Do you have a picture of the camera installed? How big is the antenna?
Old 06-07-2021, 12:09 PM   #152

Here is the back of it, it looks to be the same size as the Driven camera was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS View Post
Do you have a picture of the camera installed? How big is the antenna?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210605_161116.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	343.2 KB
ID:	256393  
tcaleb46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 04:27 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisce View Post
Here are some pics of the camera and the manual. It doesn't seem very special, though I don't have much experience with them. It took multiple times trying different things to get it to pair. I haven't used it yet, just hooking it up in my driveway making sure it works. I wasn't originally wasn't expecting to get the camera. The original paperwork I looked at said camera prep, but that was the 2020 pamphlet. The 2021 pamphlet does say camera included.
How'd you finally get it to pair? Having NO luck getting mine to pair.
RandyAndNita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 03:09 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Yeah, I wish they'd replaced mine with some different system, but I guess it was just the monitor that wouldn't power up - so that's what I ended up with. I guess it works within the "backing up under 5mph" limitation so I don't have much of a case for replacement with the dealer. But it's worthless as a rear view when driving down the road.

But... last year my wife gave me a Yakry (?) HD dual camera system she'd purchased off Amazon to put on our old trailer - by the time I went to install it, found the camper (being stored 750 miles away) had been stolen. Anyway, I'll be pulling the Driven system and installing the Yakry on the Wolf Pup hopefully with better results. The reviews on it are pretty solid.
Ok, just got back from a camping trip with the Yakry camera/monitor. Worked great! No breakup/freezing at speed, much higher resolution and clarity than the Driven camera system. Nice big monitor too. The system my wife got me has 2 cameras, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the 2nd one. Maybe point one down to assist with backing and point the other out further (which is how I have it now). It is really nice to have a big clear view of what's going on behind you.

Tags
camera, cherokee