Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #1

Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH Ceiling Mount TV in bedroom area

I am considering mounting a TV to the ceiling in the bedroom area of my Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH. There is a label that came attached to the ceiling indicating a proper place to do so, and it feels like there is a backing board in that spot for said purpose. My question is, has anyone else with this model (or similar) done this with success (or failure)? Does anyone know how thick the backing board is, and how firmly it is otherwise attached? I think the mounting screws that came with my mount are too long and might poke into other things on the roof that I don't want them to poke, but I could easily get shorter ones of the right length. The TV in question is very light weight, about a 21" LED screen (it feels lighter than the mount itself) and also we are seasonal campers that don't plan to tow on the road much, if at all. In case it matters, here is a link to the informaiton about my ceiling mount: http://c783319.r19.cf2.rackcdn.com/d...6_TV_Mount.pdf
justkdue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:06 PM   #2

I have a 274DBH which is very similar to your trailer. Ours has the same label in the bedroom. After closer inspection, I would not trust it to support a TV while towing. It will probably be fine while parked, but I would remove the TV for towing. Also if there is any question about the length of the screws, get shorter ones, don't take a chance on poking a hole in the roof.
Old 06-07-2020, 09:28 AM   #3

justkdue, Just joined this forum and came across this post. Was wondering if you counted the tv mount to your ceiling and if so how did it turn out? I have a 26dbh that I am wanting to install a tv mount. Thanks, Tom
Tom Holland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 01:32 PM   #4

Interested to see how it turned out. Looking to do the same thing.
Ofcdecooka7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 03:37 PM   #5

Sorry, I have not mounted the TV yet. Before I do I want to pull down the light in the ceiling in the same area to see if I can tell what is up there. Just has not been a priority yet.
Old 10-21-2020, 03:43 PM   #6

Ok. Yeah I'm trying to figure it out myself. Did you buy a mount yet? It feels really solid close to the sliding doors.
Ofcdecooka7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 04:41 PM   #7

I did buy a ceiling mount from amazon. It is on a shelf out in the garage but I do not remember the brand. Sorry, not much help for you.
Old 10-23-2020, 12:02 AM   #8

I have the 26DBH as well. My bedroom mount is on the wall at the foot of the bed. I used a stud finder to ensure there was a block in there. Mounted a small swing arm mount with no problem. When I tow I take the TV down just to be safe. It is a small tv and pretty lite but its still weight on an extended arm and it can't be secured in place.
t56fixer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, cherokee, grey wolf, mount, roo