Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2021, 10:54 PM   #1

Dewinterizing a 2021 Wolf Pup

The season is still 4 or 5 months out here in Colorado but I am want to be ready. This is my first time with a camper that I can’t garage (biggest one I have owned). Can someone walk me through the dewinterizing process for wolf pups? Mind you I was a glorified valve turned in the Navy, but truly have never done this before and want to make sure I don’t miss anything. Thanks for any and all help!
Kennedy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:17 AM   #2

The first question, and the big variable, is who did the winterizing? Did you do it, or if it was someone else, do you know exactly what was done? Your course of action will depend on how it was winterized. If you are going into this blind, you are possibly going to need to do extra steps, in case valves were left in odd positions, water heater drain plug is lost, etc, etc.
Old 01-05-2021, 06:12 PM   #3

I bought it winterized... so not 100% sure what was done....
Old 01-05-2021, 06:21 PM   #4

not knowing what they did here is what I would do.
1. pull the anode on the HWT and see if any pink stuff drains out if not it was bypassed so reinstall the anode and leave it for now.
2. add some water to your potable water tank and start the pump
3. open the faucets and drain all the pink out of the system don't worry about the toilet it will get drained when you use it.
4. find the low point drains and drain them also don't forget the outside shower.
5. once all facets are running clear un-bypass the HWT and let it fill with the pressure relief valve open when you get water close it and you are good to go.
Good luck
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 06:38 PM   #5

You're in Colorado ? You want to dewinterize now ? WHY ? if you dewinterize and don't get every drop of water out of the system, you're gonna freeze valves you're going to freeze lines, things are going to break. Why risk it now ??
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 07:00 PM   #6
Pop-up refugee

Because when it's not camping season it's time to plan for camping season. OP isn't looking to dewinterize now, just trying to plan out the next steps.
Relaxin in the woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 07:26 PM   #7

Took delivery of a winterized R-Pod 195 last November here in the Denver area.

Camped near Vegas in February. Hooked up to city water, turned the water on and let 'er rip. Pink stuff all came out...sinks, shower (inside and outside), toilet. Opened the hot-water-heater bypass valves, water heater filled up...good to go.

Blew it all out with air before heading home (therefore no need to re-bypass the HWH). No worries.
PodGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 05:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodGeek View Post
Took delivery of a winterized R-Pod 195 last November here in the Denver area.

Camped near Vegas in February. Hooked up to city water, turned the water on and let 'er rip. Pink stuff all came out...sinks, shower (inside and outside), toilet. Opened the hot-water-heater bypass valves, water heater filled up...good to go.

Blew it all out with air before heading home (therefore no need to re-bypass the HWH). No worries.
You may not be no worries. Did you: pull the anode and drain HWH? Pressurized air may not force all the water out of the bottom of heater. Open up the bottom drains? Sometimes some residual water lands there. And last but not least, pour the pink stuff down your drains to clear your traps of water, and pull some pink stuff through your water pump?

And dump the tanks?

We can't just use air if you want to guarantee no problems.
CURT 51180 Echo Bluetooth Brake Controller (Love it!).
2004 Ford F-150 STX 4X4 Tow Package, 273K For Pulling TT in the sand.
SetauketJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 07:33 PM   #9

Yes, yes, and yes. I did my homework...that was the executive summary.
PodGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 12:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
You're in Colorado ? You want to dewinterize now ? WHY ? if you dewinterize and don't get every drop of water out of the system, you're gonna freeze valves you're going to freeze lines, things are going to break. Why risk it now ??
In my post I said I am well aware of when the season is (I have camped my entire life but this is my first hard side) and that I just wanted to be ready when the season comes....

Tags
winter, winterizing, wolf pup