Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2019, 06:49 AM   #1

Dometic Ceramic Toilet

2019 Alpha Wolf, owned it just over one (1) year, 2 questions.

1) It seams to be leaking out of the valve on the foot peddle, I think Is there an easy fix?

2) does not hold water in the bowl. I have added plumbers grease around the seal, did not help. Is this going to be an issue?
ChrisMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 07:10 AM   #2

1/ Replace the valve — easy
2/ Replace the seal — easy

Bruce
Old 11-05-2019, 10:18 PM   #3

HI. I had the one of your issues with my 2019 26DBHL, the water not holding in the toilet. I had mine repaired under the 1 year warranty. I was adamant about this repair, because it is a safety issue (water lock against sewer gas). I cleaned the gasket as per manufacturer instructions with no success. My dealer replaced the seal with no success. Finally dealer replaced the whole toilet and this solved the problem. Be careful on this one, because water holding in the toilet is mandatory to keep you safe. Insist that your dealer fix this problem (under warranty) due to it being a re-occurring problem and the safety aspect of a toilet seal problem.
OntarioRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 11:21 PM   #4
2012 Solera

The Dometic 300 series toilets have had a design and/or assembly problem. The seal between the plastic base and the ceramic upper section leaks. Not sure of current status; several reports on the forum here of Dometic replacing defective toilets.

E.g.: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...or-170420.html
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic