Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2021, 08:05 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdijon2000 View Post
I have the 16bhs, I have a periodic hum coming from subwoofer. I want to say it’s when the fridge kicks on but not for sure. I switched the positive/negative but still does the same thing. Anyone experiencing this?
I've gotten a similar humming sound. I've also had the inside audio sound very muted for a few seconds.
TTnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 10:49 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyKool View Post
Have to just carry my portable speakers so I can play music.
I feel like this may be the cheaper and smarter way to go. I have stopped in two stereo shops last week. If you think about replacing with quality Marine grade speakers outside and nice ones inside with a good head unit...

1. you may run into a depth issue
2. you will have to modify your existing mounts for the headunit.

You will likely be money ahead getting a quality portable speaker from the likes of JBL.
jesus_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 10:58 AM   #23
Site Team

There are many versions of HDMI compliant interfaces available and all use the same connector. Early ones only passed video one way and later on passed both audio and video one way. Some of the newer versions have a reverse channel that will pass data back. Many of the lower end units reduce costs by using the older less expansive interface chips.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 11:00 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
There are many versions of HDMI compliant interfaces available and all use the same connector. Early ones only passed video one way and later on passed both audio and video one way. Some of the newer versions have a reverse channel that will pass data back. Many of the lower end units reduce costs by using the older less expansive interface chips.
So swap ends of the cord?

Good info tho. Thanks!
Old 05-11-2021, 08:05 AM   #25

This is my issue but Zone 2 for me is the outside speakers. If I have just that on I get the sub inside and its so dumb it does this. Guess I am gonna have to do some surgery on my system. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Our 2021 Wolf Pup 16FQ has this unit too. Have only camped once so far but in our driveway the radio reception is fine. Have not tried the USB or HDMI connections but the Bluetooth works well. My gripe isn't with the unit, but the factory...

As received, it had zone 1 on the outside speakers, zone 2 inside. So what, right? Well the subwoofer only works on zone 1 by design. So if you're listening inside, no sub. If you're listening outside the sub is on and adding no value. Stupid. So I decide to fix it, and get more annoyed. There are 4 separate outputs on the unit, one for each speaker. In their infinite wisdom, FR hooked it up so the outside speakers are both paralleled on 1 output in zone 1, and the inside paralleled on 1 output in zone 2. Then there's a switch on the back of the unit so it plays either stereo or mono, and it's set to mono!

For the price of 4 wirenuts, I hooked all 4 outputs up to the proper speakers so I get the inside on zone 1 with the sub working, and outside on zone 2, flipped the little switch so now it's stereo. Sounds a lot better now. No idea why FR would do this other than to save a quarter. Ridiculous.
JesseC1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 05:18 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Our 2021 Wolf Pup 16FQ has this unit too. Have only camped once so far but in our driveway the radio reception is fine. Have not tried the USB or HDMI connections but the Bluetooth works well. My gripe isn't with the unit, but the factory...

As received, it had zone 1 on the outside speakers, zone 2 inside. So what, right? Well the subwoofer only works on zone 1 by design. So if you're listening inside, no sub. If you're listening outside the sub is on and adding no value. Stupid. So I decide to fix it, and get more annoyed. There are 4 separate outputs on the unit, one for each speaker. In their infinite wisdom, FR hooked it up so the outside speakers are both paralleled on 1 output in zone 1, and the inside paralleled on 1 output in zone 2. Then there's a switch on the back of the unit so it plays either stereo or mono, and it's set to mono!

For the price of 4 wirenuts, I hooked all 4 outputs up to the proper speakers so I get the inside on zone 1 with the sub working, and outside on zone 2, flipped the little switch so now it's stereo. Sounds a lot better now. No idea why FR would do this other than to save a quarter. Ridiculous.
At least yours were run in parallel. Mine are daisy-chained to the left channel at the speaker end vs. the head unit... so I'll need re-run wire from the head unit out to the speakers. No idea if they were tacked down somewhere in-between... which will make using the existing as fishing wire impossible. Oh, and one of the speakers was delivered blown... so I have one-speaker mono sound!
rodney23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 06:11 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodney23 View Post
At least yours were run in parallel. Mine are daisy-chained to the left channel at the speaker end vs. the head unit... so I'll need re-run wire from the head unit out to the speakers. No idea if they were tacked down somewhere in-between... which will make using the existing as fishing wire impossible. Oh, and one of the speakers was delivered blown... so I have one-speaker mono sound!
My subwoofer buzzes pretty badly at moderate to high volumes and I've told the dealer it was defective (we'll see where that gets me) but honestly it doesn't matter too much at normal listening volumes when you're in the camper. This Driven stuff is defintitely not high end audiophile equipement. But the bluetooth works fine and overall the system is adequate. Once I fixed it so it played in stereo, anyway.
swamp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 01:36 PM   #28

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodney23 View Post

Did you ever try to fish new wire? Mine is the same way. Subwoofer is also hooked up to the outside zone instead of inside. Buzzes when the fridge is on too..
MileHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 02:00 PM   #29

So I re-wired the speakers. The outdoor speakers were wired to zone 1 and only one speaker output. The inside speakers were wired to zone 2 and only one speaker output. Now all the speakers are hooked up to their own output (inside now zone 1 which works with the subwoofer) and I also switched the mono switch to stereo. Sounds a lot better. As far as the sub humming when the fridge kicks on, I’ll update on that later. I also moved the panel to gain more space in my cabinet on my 16bhs
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1072.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	269.4 KB
ID:	255669
Jdijon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 09:28 AM   #30

Where do you switch to stereo mode?
Old 06-01-2021, 03:55 PM   #31

There's a tiny little slide switch on the back of the Driven radio.
Old 06-07-2021, 01:53 AM   #32

We just bought a 2022 Gray Wolf 23DBH with the Driven System in it. We downloaded the app, and it appears we have to pay to use it? Hopefully, this is just our ignorance of the system. I assume we should connect our phones via blue tooth and stream music from Pandora, or our music saved to our phones like our truck's stereo system? I hope it is not a paid service to connect the blue tooth. Does Driven have paid streaming services? Maybe that is what it is saying you need to pay for? Any advice or insight would be much appreciated.
RaCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 05:13 AM   #33

I'm not sure what the Driven app even does - I haven't downloaded it. Anyway no you don't have to pay anything to stream over BT to the Driven system (other than what you may already be paying for your streaming service). I've used it quite a bit with Spotify and my phone and it works well.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:04 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaCreative View Post
We just bought a 2022 Gray Wolf 23DBH with the Driven System in it. We downloaded the app, and it appears we have to pay to use it? Hopefully, this is just our ignorance of the system. I assume we should connect our phones via blue tooth and stream music from Pandora, or our music saved to our phones like our truck's stereo system? I hope it is not a paid service to connect the blue tooth. Does Driven have paid streaming services? Maybe that is what it is saying you need to pay for? Any advice or insight would be much appreciated.

I just searched the Google Play Store and there is no driven app to download anymore. The app you downloaded is not for this system. The software I downloaded a few months ago had no charges to use it. I downloaded it to try to get the Driven entertainment system on my Sabre to work thru bluetooth, but never got it to work no matter what I tried to do. It's a cheaply built piece of junk that barely works. You should just plan to replace it with another head unit, a bluetooth speaker or sound bar, or just not use it at all.
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 03:16 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPs37FLH View Post
I just searched the Google Play Store and there is no driven app to download anymore. The app you downloaded is not for this system. The software I downloaded a few months ago had no charges to use it. I downloaded it to try to get the Driven entertainment system on my Sabre to work thru bluetooth, but never got it to work no matter what I tried to do. It's a cheaply built piece of junk that barely works. You should just plan to replace it with another head unit, a bluetooth speaker or sound bar, or just not use it at all.
Thank you! Will check on the app. My wife was controlling the lighting and can open the slide with the app she dowloaded via the QR code on the tag attached to the stereo. We will connect via bluetooth, sounds like it should be able to stream pandora, Spotify etc through the phone. I think the paid for streaming must have been a proprietary service through Driven? Thank you all for the information!
Old 06-07-2021, 03:52 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaCreative View Post
Thank you! Will check on the app. My wife was controlling the lighting and can open the slide with the app she dowloaded via the QR code on the tag attached to the stereo. We will connect via bluetooth, sounds like it should be able to stream pandora, Spotify etc through the phone. I think the paid for streaming must have been a proprietary service through Driven? Thank you all for the information!

If your DW is working the lighting and opening the slides of your RV, you're using the LCI OneControl app on your phone, not the Driven entertainment app.

Are you sure the QR code to which you are referring is indeed on the Driven entertainment system? On my Sabre RV, the QR code label is located next to a small (4 inch x 4 inch) black LCI OneControl display mounted on the wall when you walk in. That touchscreen display allows me to open my slides and awning, turn on and off some of the lights, and allows me to engage the auto-leveling system on it.

I downloaded the LCI OneControl app from the Google Play Store, scanned in the QR code and the app immediately recognized my RV model and all the slides, awning, lighting and auto leveling. But it did not pair with the Driven entertainment system because its not made by LCI.

Like I said in my previous post, though, I'm pretty sure Driven no longer has a downloadable phone app. The app they did previously have available for download controlled the radio stations and volume, but nothing more. You can try to pair your phone with bluetooth on the Driven entertainment system and then stream Spotify or Pandora music, but I couldn't get it to work when I tried and followed their manual to which there's a link to below.

https://drivenelectronics.com/wp-con.../06/Manual.pdf
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 05:02 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPs37FLH View Post
If your DW is working the lighting and opening the slides of your RV, you're using the LCI OneControl app on your phone, not the Driven entertainment app.

Are you sure the QR code to which you are referring is indeed on the Driven entertainment system? On my Sabre RV, the QR code label is located next to a small (4 inch x 4 inch) black LCI OneControl display mounted on the wall when you walk in. That touchscreen display allows me to open my slides and awning, turn on and off some of the lights, and allows me to engage the auto-leveling system on it.

I downloaded the LCI OneControl app from the Google Play Store, scanned in the QR code and the app immediately recognized my RV model and all the slides, awning, lighting and auto leveling. But it did not pair with the Driven entertainment system because its not made by LCI.

Like I said in my previous post, though, I'm pretty sure Driven no longer has a downloadable phone app. The app they did previously have available for download controlled the radio stations and volume, but nothing more. You can try to pair your phone with bluetooth on the Driven entertainment system and then stream Spotify or Pandora music, but I couldn't get it to work when I tried and followed their manual to which there's a link to below.

https://drivenelectronics.com/wp-con.../06/Manual.pdf

Thank you very much for all the info. I will confirm when I get home tonight. You are most likely correct. It seems like she used both QR codes... the one working the lights etc must have been the OneControl. I think if we do not need the Driven App to use the stereo (and if it is unavailable in the App Store anyway), then we will just use the stereo in the traditional way. The guys at the dealership did not provide much info on our walk through regarding "Driven", probably for this reason. Thanks again! Really appreciate the responses! Great forum, glad we joined!
Old 06-23-2021, 11:58 AM   #38
Wolf Pup

6pb.xx.from

H.
tcloonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 02:21 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus_man View Post
Where do you switch to stereo mode?

On the back of the radio there’s a really tiny switch. I mean like really really tiny lol
Jdijon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 02:25 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdijon2000 View Post
On the back of the radio there’s a really tiny switch. I mean like really really tiny lol
I may look again, but I will need to clean out that cupboard and remove the blanking plate in order to see better.