Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2020, 09:54 PM   #1

Driven Media Center DR3200BT

I'm a TT newbie, so please bear with my ignorance.

Just got a new '21 Grey Wolf 26DBH with this radio and I haven't got the foggiest how to use it.

It really seems to have horrible reception to stations that usually are easy to tune in.

I am a bit confused on how it works as a media center as well.

Is there an owners manual for this system?

I didnt get one, but I seemingly got very little on the way of an owners manual for anything with this TT.
lizARdman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 05:36 AM   #2

As far as the manual did you check out the FR owners app?
campdevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 11:09 AM   #3

Sure did

Not a bit of usable info there.

I guess I am more concerned over the poor reception and whether I am missing something with the antenna.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:15 AM   #4

For most radios you will need to turn on the Ceiling mounted antenna amplifier for better reception. Have you checked the radio manufacturer for a manual or You Tube. Don’t forget to turn off the amplifier when done as it can drain a battery real fast if not hooked up to shore power
Cdj8465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 12:44 PM   #5

Maybe they forgot to connect the antenna?
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:29 PM   #6

There is a good chance there is no antenna connected to it. I'm not familiar with that media center, but the Drive Entertainment EEDV06 Media Player is quite common and here's the best owner's manual I have been able to find.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Drive Entertainment EEDV06 Media Player-Owners-Manual.pdf (866.0 KB, 1540 views)

'19 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 Crew Cab
'17 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL
Mickey the Rescue Project Schnauzer
Days Camped: '17-39, '18-61, '19-64, '20-38
bedubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 05:42 PM   #7

Found DR3200BT manual

https://drivenelectronics.com/product/dr3200bt/
Manual link near bottom of page. I am new to TT myself and bought a Cherokee Grey Wolf that came with this entertainment center too, also with no manual or remote. Found out the remote is sold separately.
Mark04276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:29 AM   #8

Mark04276, thanks so much for providing that!

My first post was just about how big of an idiot I was for buying a TT totally unprepared for what I was getting myself into.

You actually helped someone out. I have no idea why none of my google searches came up with anything even related to the Driven radio system.
Old 04-04-2021, 08:56 AM   #9

I noticed the same poor reception with mine and did a lot of experimenting yesterday. It seems the antenna is not grounded well enough for good reception. I confirmed by sending a few videos to my electrical engineer brother. I had taken the panel off inside the cabinet so I could plug in additional cables to the aux/av in jacks on the radio. When I grabbed the antenna coax connections with my hands the radio came in better. So I started playing with grounding. Long story short through lots of different testing, I found that if I connected a coax cable to the TV jack over the vesa mount the radio comes in better because it increases the differential in grounding. I found that if I touched the coax casing (carries ground) to the white ground wire on the BT circuit box it got marginally better. So you could try getting a coax grounding block and grounding the antenna inside the cabinet. Or you could increase the differential by connecting something to the tv jack (assuming you don't have a tv in there). I've got a little antenna on order to see if that will work. I also found using a coax splitter backwards worked to allow for an additional antenna and it comes in better.

It's so poorly grounded, which is important to good reception, that I even noted improvement when I went up on an aluminum ladder and touched the antenna on the roof and the radio got better.
Kayakermanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:17 AM   #10

Post pics with your solution. I agree that the reception is VERY poor.
jesus_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:37 AM   #11

Anyone figure out how to disconnect a device from the radio? A BT button is referenced in the manual but no where to be found.
captaingeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:43 AM   #12

Other than "forget" the radio on the connected device? Some devices seem to have limits on how many BT connections it can have, but I am not aware of a way to purge them from the radio itself.

The audiophile in my wants to put something better in there and replace all the speakers with higher quality.
Old 04-05-2021, 07:06 PM   #13

This is a great revival of my original thread.

I still have never got good reception and basically gave up on trying it anymore.

I never even figured out how to take the face plate off to even remove the stupid thing. I have tried not to be too forceful since I have a tendency of being "Wreck It Ralph" with these type things!

If I could do that, I might try the above mentioned suggestion.

More than anything, I would love to just power it down because my daughter complains that the glow of the digital readout glows into her bunk.
Old 04-30-2021, 09:19 AM   #14

HDMI Input No Sound

Has anyone here figured out how to get sound through the HDMI input? The “manual” Driven has for download says nothing about using HDMI. I just installed a TV and, when I plug the TV into the HDMI input, I get no sound.
Yes the volume is up.
Yes the mode is set to HDMI.
Anyone’s HELPFUL comments are appreciated.
Perry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 02:11 PM   #15

I am wondering the same.
Old 04-30-2021, 02:25 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry S View Post
Has anyone here figured out how to get sound through the HDMI input? The “manual” Driven has for download says nothing about using HDMI. I just installed a TV and, when I plug the TV into the HDMI input, I get no sound.
Yes the volume is up.
Yes the mode is set to HDMI.
Anyone’s HELPFUL comments are appreciated.

Unfortunately, you're in the same boat as many, many others whom have FR RV's with this "entertainment system". I had mine for maybe three months after purchasing my Sabre last year and after examining the manual and doing everything to get it to work, decided it's a piece of garbage. There's nothing more you can do to get it to work any better than it already is. Your only two options are to replace it with another, better head unit, or just don't use it.
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 08:19 PM   #17

Driven 320BT

We have a Grey Wolf toy hauler and we are having the same issue with reception. Very poor quality. No manual came with the unit so had to go online to their website to download. The manual says USB support for external drives but cannot get it to work. To be honest, this is a poor quality unit for an expensive trailer. Have to just carry my portable speakers so I can play music.
DaddyKool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 05:37 PM   #18

Our 2021 Wolf Pup 16FQ has this unit too. Have only camped once so far but in our driveway the radio reception is fine. Have not tried the USB or HDMI connections but the Bluetooth works well. My gripe isn't with the unit, but the factory...

As received, it had zone 1 on the outside speakers, zone 2 inside. So what, right? Well the subwoofer only works on zone 1 by design. So if you're listening inside, no sub. If you're listening outside the sub is on and adding no value. Stupid. So I decide to fix it, and get more annoyed. There are 4 separate outputs on the unit, one for each speaker. In their infinite wisdom, FR hooked it up so the outside speakers are both paralleled on 1 output in zone 1, and the inside paralleled on 1 output in zone 2. Then there's a switch on the back of the unit so it plays either stereo or mono, and it's set to mono!

For the price of 4 wirenuts, I hooked all 4 outputs up to the proper speakers so I get the inside on zone 1 with the sub working, and outside on zone 2, flipped the little switch so now it's stereo. Sounds a lot better now. No idea why FR would do this other than to save a quarter. Ridiculous.
swamp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 08:48 AM   #19

In the ceiling do u have a spot for rca cords red white an yellow if so hook that up to tv to same color pattern in back of tv put the tv on to tv av an it should work
Mgaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 05:51 PM   #20

I have the 16bhs, I have a periodic hum coming from subwoofer. I want to say it’s when the fridge kicks on but not for sure. I switched the positive/negative but still does the same thing. Anyone experiencing this?
Jdijon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote