Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2021, 08:17 AM   #1

Driven Stereo

Does anyone know if there is an app associated with the driven stereo? I was wondering if you could control it from your phone
Mgharris24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:05 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. What rig do you have? I would give the Mfg a call would seem they best know their product.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 03:53 PM   #3

I looked as well, but I believe there is not. Only the OneContol app that you connect via the qr code sticker.
jesus_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 03:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgharris24 View Post
Does anyone know if there is an app associated with the driven stereo? I was wondering if you could control it from your phone
There is, but it sucks ash....very limited on what you can do with it. That is, when it works. The app only worked half the time for me and it's a cheap, crappy entertainment system anyway, so I junked it and replaced it with a better system.
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 10:50 PM   #5
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPs37FLH View Post
There is, but it sucks ash....very limited on what you can do with it. That is, when it works. The app only worked half the time for me and it's a cheap, crappy entertainment system anyway, so I junked it and replaced it with a better system.
Alright man, you can't leave us hanging like that. What did you replace it with??
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 09:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJunior View Post
Alright man, you can't leave us hanging like that. What did you replace it with??
I know everyone's gonna slam me for this, but I replaced it with a Furrion Ethos 3-zone 260W entertainment system. Lots of folks call many of Furrion's products garbage, and I will agree with that statement on some of their products. But, this entertainment system is a newer product and it's so much better than the Driven. Mind you, it's not as good as something like a car head unit from Pioneer, Alpine, or Sony, but a major improvement over the junk Forest River installs in the Sabre RV's.

Furrion does have a phone app that works well have had no disconnection issues or problems controlling everything on it. The Driven unit kept dropping the bluetooth connection, even when standing right next to it. Plus, there wasn't much you could control with their app. In fact, I don't even think they have an app available for download anymore (I looked for it yesterday).

Since the Furrion is wider than the Driven head unit, I had to cut out the cabinet a bit to accommodate it. But once I got everything connected and set up, the Ethos is so much better sounding, has so much better controls and more options you can add, such as a subwoofer. It also has one more zone than the Driven, so if I want to add a third set of speakers in the bedroom of the RV, I can.

Believe it or not, the one thing that made me want to change the Driven out, in addition to the crappy phone app, was the volume control on it. If we had guests in the RV, I could not get the volume low enough so that we could talk and keep the music going in the background. It was either loud and having to shout over the music, or turning it off. Don't have this problem with the Furrion Ethos anymore.
Old 04-17-2021, 09:46 AM   #7

Save your money and just get a good Quality Bluetooth speaker.
Old 04-18-2021, 01:56 PM   #8

Driven DR3200BT zone issues

I am enjoying reading about the stereo. I have a new MK 23 and my D3200BT will not operate correctly with the Zones. The outside speakers (zone 2) will only work with one speaker and stays on if you cut off zone 2 and Stays on with zone 1. I took the unit out and wires appear to be connected properly. Any thoughts?? Thanks
Retiredff1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 07:57 PM   #9
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
I know everyone's gonna slam me for this, but I replaced it with a Furrion Ethos 3-zone 260W entertainment system. Lots of folks call many of Furrion's products garbage, and I will agree with that statement on some of their products. But, this entertainment system is a newer product and it's so much better than the Driven. Mind you, it's not as good as something like a car head unit from Pioneer, Alpine, or Sony, but a major improvement over the junk Forest River installs in the Sabre RV's.

Furrion does have a phone app that works well have had no disconnection issues or problems controlling everything on it. The Driven unit kept dropping the bluetooth connection, even when standing right next to it. Plus, there wasn't much you could control with their app. In fact, I don't even think they have an app available for download anymore (I looked for it yesterday).

Since the Furrion is wider than the Driven head unit, I had to cut out the cabinet a bit to accommodate it. But once I got everything connected and set up, the Ethos is so much better sounding, has so much better controls and more options you can add, such as a subwoofer. It also has one more zone than the Driven, so if I want to add a third set of speakers in the bedroom of the RV, I can.

Believe it or not, the one thing that made me want to change the Driven out, in addition to the crappy phone app, was the volume control on it. If we had guests in the RV, I could not get the volume low enough so that we could talk and keep the music going in the background. It was either loud and having to shout over the music, or turning it off. Don't have this problem with the Furrion Ethos anymore.
Well, they shouldn't slam you, at least not yet. Often a newer or different model of a brand is a much better system. I have an old Pioneer head unit I had in a couple of older cars, and it's a fine system, but very confusing in some of its functionality. Especially when adding or removing phones from the system. But other Pioneer products I've had are very straight forward and were great systems. So yeah, if it works, and works better than the one you replaced, awesome!
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 06:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiredff1954 View Post
I am enjoying reading about the stereo. I have a new MK 23 and my D3200BT will not operate correctly with the Zones. The outside speakers (zone 2) will only work with one speaker and stays on if you cut off zone 2 and Stays on with zone 1. I took the unit out and wires appear to be connected properly. Any thoughts?? Thanks

I think you have a Driven DR3200BT, correct? If you confirmed the wiring to the entertainment system is correct, it's the Driven unit itself that's the problem. The only way to fix it is to ditch it and replace it.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:18 AM   #11
Happy Camper

The Driven system is absolute trash. I don't know if it's the speakers or the head unit or both. But even the highest quality audio over Bluetooth sounds about like AM radio on the thing. The subwoofer adds pretty much nothing to the sound, but never turns off even when you only have the outside speakers on and the inside zone off. The subwoofer still puts out audio in that configuration.
BrentD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:34 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentD99 View Post
The Driven system is absolute trash. I don't know if it's the speakers or the head unit or both. But even the highest quality audio over Bluetooth sounds about like AM radio on the thing. The subwoofer adds pretty much nothing to the sound, but never turns off even when you only have the outside speakers on and the inside zone off. The subwoofer still puts out audio in that configuration.

Yeah, Brent, its both the Driven head unit and the speakers. The stock speakers they put in the RV's these days barely pass for speakers. If you take the covers off of 'em, they're probably cardboard cones.

Since I replaced my Driven with a Furrion, I also pulled the inside and outside stock speakers and replaced them with Pyle marine grade speakers. In fact, I recall the outside speakers I pulled off my Sabre are also from Driven, so that should tell you something. But, since they've all been replaced, the sound difference is noticeably better....not as good as a premium car sound system, but much, much better than what was on it before.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:34 AM   #13

Quote:
Noticed that myself yesterday...

Someday I will look into an upgrade. Until then, it'll just be background noise.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:36 AM   #14

Quote:
Yeah, Brent, its both the Driven head unit and the speakers. The stock speakers they put in the RV's these days barely pass for speakers. If you take the covers off of 'em, they're probably cardboard cones.

Since I replaced my Driven with a Furrion, I also pulled the inside and outside stock speakers and replaced them with Pyle marine grade speakers. In fact, I recall the outside speakers I pulled off my Sabre are also from Driven, so that should tell you something.
I'd love to know if just a speaker upgrade is worth the $ of if the head unit is such a piece of junk that you need to replace it all?
Old 04-29-2021, 10:40 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus_man View Post
I'd love to know if just a speaker upgrade is worth the $ of if the head unit is such a piece of junk that you need to replace it all?

I thought and did just that, jesus_man. I started with the speakers on the inside of the RV. Sounded a little better than before, but not the improvement I was hoping for. So, next, I replaced the Driven with the Furrion and, only then, noticed a much, much better sound. Lastly, I replaced the outside speakers to match what I replaced inside the RV.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:45 AM   #16
Happy Camper

Quote:
I thought and did just that, jesus_man. I started with the speakers on the inside of the RV. Sounded a little better than before, but not the improvement I was hoping for. So, next, I replaced the Driven with the Furrion and, only then, noticed a much, much better sound. Lastly, I replaced the outside speakers to match what I replaced inside the RV.
Do you have the subwoofer in your system or was it just the Driven head unit and full range speakers? (and I use the term full range loosely here, lol)

I would love to replace the head unit and speakers with something aftermarket from the car audio world, but I doubt anything "normal" like that would work with two zones outside of just using the left and right balance. But you'd still have the issue with the sub being on no matter what "zone" you were using in that config.
BrentD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:53 AM   #17

Quote:
Do you have the subwoofer in your system or was it just the Driven head unit and full range speakers? (and I use the term full range loosely here, lol)

I would love to replace the head unit and speakers with something aftermarket from the car audio world, but I doubt anything "normal" like that would work with two zones outside of just using the left and right balance. But you'd still have the issue with the sub being on no matter what "zone" you were using in that config.

Brent, I don't have a subwoofer installed in my ceiling. Mine included just the head unit, and the inside and outside speakers. My guess is the inside speakers were very likely a Driven product too.

You can buy a car audio head unit to replace the Driven, but I'm not aware of any that have independent zones you can turn on and off. If you do decide to replace the Driven, be sure about how much area you have to work with, not only in height and width, but also depth. The Furrion unit I got was wider than the driven unit, but the exact same height. I had to cut away the sides of the front mantel where the driven unit was and the Furrion fits it perfectly.

The Furrion unit I have has three independent zones, but I only use two of them. It also has a sub-woofer input if I ever wanted to wire one up. The subwoofer only would work with the first zone tho. As long as your outside speakers are wired to zone 2, sub-woofer should only work with the inside speakers.
Old 04-29-2021, 11:41 AM   #18

Good information thanks! I love upgrading audio stuff, but I think we've probably spent more on our camper to make it ours than we should have. A new radio is just a luxury that will have to wait.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:51 PM   #19

Quote:
The stock speakers they put in the RV's these days barely pass for speakers. If you take the covers off of 'em, they're probably cardboard cones.
I was just looking at my outside speakers when I was de-winterizing the camper. The cones are looking wrinkled like they are probably a poorly coated cardboard of some kind. Probably need to replace them this year, maybe the whole system while I'm at it. I just replaced the speakers and added an amp to the HD though so the camper stereo budget will be a little limited
smkauffman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stereo